Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I knew how to make games in RPGMAKER I would rewrite the 1.5 story to include Salem and Golgatha. Maybe something like the G-virus wasn't reacting well with Birkin and was going to kill him and in a last minuet desperation he injects the Golgatha and Salem embryo's with G and unleashes his ultimate weapon upon the remaining survivors.

Comment

• If there can be a camp with that name why not a dog with the same? Name tags are a joke. You were not supposed to see them. Consider it like our Goro Machida joke.
      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

If there can be a camp with that name why not a dog with the same? Name tags are a joke. You were not supposed to see them. Consider it like our Goro Machida joke.
        I don't see a problem with the little Easter eggs you put in your version of the game, they made me smile.
        loving the logo

I have a question, will your game have a ranking system like the other resident evil games ?, for example - play through the game without using first aid sprays and complete the game in under 2 hours to get a S or A rank.

Comment

• Yes. We have ranking and difficulty settings planned. Final experience will be comparable to retail experience.
          “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• D.Birkin,

You said you will be re-writing all enemy AI correct? Or just the ones that are missing or broken? Can we assume that the man-spider will have fixed AI then? As he is now, he isn't a challenge nor is he dangerous. I think he should have more hit points as one shot from the shotgun will kill him.

That being said I want to know how difficult it is to correct broken AI. The disappearing zombie glitch has been fixed I assume, or is that on the back burner till more important matters are taken care of?

Sorry I have too many questions.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Yes. We have ranking and difficulty settings planned. Final experience will be comparable to retail experience.
              Oh that is good to know thank you for answering

Comment

Yes. We have ranking and difficulty settings planned. Final experience will be comparable to retail experience.
                This is really some amazing news, i;m from the old days. I was a young kid when the original Resident Evil/Biohazard came out and i'v been wanting a "new" old style Resident Evil and thought i'd never get it! The fact it's Resident Evil 1.5 (pretty much) we're all gonna get to play.... no words can explain how thankful I am!
                Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  You said you will be re-writing all enemy AI correct? Or just the ones that are missing or broken?
                  Complete rewrite. With AI small patches are too hard to manage.

The disappearing zombie glitch has been fixed I assume, or is that on the back burner till more important matters are taken care of?
                  Zombie death procedure is in rewrite process.
                  Last edited by D.Birkin; 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Complete rewrite. With AI small patches are too hard to manage.

Zombie death procedure is in rewrite process.
                    Hey dude, i noticed in teh game and the veedeos that we can shoot the zambies with handgun a billion times and they do not die. it this from the raw game or implemented?
                    Last edited by yurieu; 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      If I knew how to make games in RPGMAKER I would rewrite the 1.5 story to include Salem and Golgatha. Maybe something like the G-virus wasn't reacting well with Birkin and was going to kill him and in a last minuet desperation he injects the Golgatha and Salem embryo's with G and unleashes his ultimate weapon upon the remaining survivors.
                      Ive used RPG maker and made a couple games.
                      That engine could never come even a million miles of making a "Quality" game worth playing.
                      Unity could work though...
                      Last edited by ccrogers15; 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                        Ive used RPG maker and made a couple games.
                        That engine could never come even a million miles of making a "Quality" game worth playing.

alinhoalisson and another guy are making that Resident Evil 1 RPG and if I remember correctly they said in the comments it was in RPGmaker but I could be wrong. The game is great so far regardless

Comment

• Ive used RPG maker and made a couple games.
                          Totally not true and a generalisation. I can name plenty of RPG Maker games that are commercially successful and have a lot of popularity. Like all engines, you only get out of it what you put in. It's actually a very good choice for making RE style games -- many of the survival horror mechanics can very easily be programmed in. Your comment is basically saying that all RPG Maker games are shit based on their engine alone.

@D.Birkin: Relating to rewriting enemy AI, I'm just wondering what the reasons are for doing this? Is the enemy AI already present in game broken or incomplete? I'm assuming they carried over the AI for returning enemies from RE1 like the zombies and dogs, so it seems strange that patching up these enemies would be required. Also, will you be making the enemies function similar to retail (ie. the dogs falling down when shot instead of simply shuddering in 1.5)? Makes me wonder whether the "40%" people ascribe to this build might be an overestimation after all, given that things like basic enemy AI are incomplete.
                          Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• I'm sure editing the AI would cause some funny bugs.

I know in the WIP build, sometimes zombies won't follow you or will walk in the wrong direction. This is all going to be fixed as well I assume. I hope they flinch when they are killed. I always liked that about RE2.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                              I hope they flinch when they are killed. I always liked that about RE2.
                              You mean the twitching dead bodies? I was wondering about this also.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Any chance of the following:

1. RPG elements. (i know i know, but it would be cool to "Craft" your own RE story by changing dialouge. Would make things more interesting on second plays)
                                2. Quick Time Elements (RE3 type. The type that you panic while making a decision). I can think of 1 good place for it. During the ingame cutscene that elza meets a zombie, do a quick time with 2 options: "Close the shutter" "Shoot the zombie".

3. Is it possible to add the zombie horse? I read that it was proposed for RE1.5 but dropped. I guess the horse would trample Elza and Leon to death:
                                The Zombie Horse was a rejected design for an enemy for Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. It was thought that because of the reliance of horses in the American midwest, they would be bound to appear somewhere around Raccoon City. The only known concept art piece showed that the creature would have undergone an irregular mutation growing it to twice the height of a man, as illustrated. An image on the left of the paper shows that the horses would attack by trampling people to death. While horses have yet

4. (the one i really want), since 1.5 has a animation that cuts bodies in half, could you give leon and elza more gory death scenes? Such as:
                                A. if you close the shutter while under it, you could accidently be cut in half.
                                B. While fighting birkin, he can pick you up. 1 arm holding your head, the other holding your legs, then pull you in 2.
                                Last edited by ccrogers15; 03-26-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X