Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the new screens..
    Nice to see steady progress is being made

And I also see the thread has once again descended into madness a few pages back *tut tut* hehe
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
      An old game, that is being unofficially and technically illegal (Reverse engineering their code is still modding), and a game they originally cancelled because capcom themselves did not like it, being released on PSN? That would never happen in a million years. They cant even please the fans with a game we actually want and keep releasing those trash games that barely resemble a resident evil title. Do you really think they would do this?
      What on earth gave you the impression that modding a game is illegal...far from it, a game, just as anything in your possession it is yours to do what you see fit with, you can even distribute the mod...the illegality comes into play with distribution of the original copyrighted content, if it were on the PSN under license from Capcom, it would no longer be illegal, so that is a null point, that being said, I doubt Capcom will allow it, for reason two alone

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
      You guys heard the phrase "Many hands make light work"? I guess our views just differ.
      We infact have no idea how big Team I.G.A.S is, Birkin is the only one involved in the actual developement that posts here (as far as we know), but I highly doubt it is just him working on it, I mean the word team kinda gives it away. Personally I'd rather leave it in the hands of those who know what they're doing, rather than hand it over to the community and have any old amateur like me work on it, the result would be an absolute nightmare, air jesus would have been fixed by three different people in three different ways, on three different builds within the space of a week
      Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
        far from it, a game, just as anything in your possession it is yours to do what you see fit with
        No it's not.

Comment

• let's not start another argument again........
          Last edited by chrisliam2; 05-16-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            No it's not.
            Pretty much this; you buy the licence to play the software. Nothing more. You don't own it, it's still owned by the company who made it.
            It WOULD be possible if Capcom would co-operate, but I see that as being very unlikely - oh and Sony have this policy (I believe) that requires PS1 games released on PSN to have actually been released on disc when the Playstation was around. Hence Playstation 'Classics'.

Comment

• it is only illegal to circumvent a payment system to acquire licensed content.

other than that modding a game is like modding your car.

Comment

• Just don't expect the dealer to service your superior aftermarket radio/CD player, your aftermarket hyped-up fuel injection system, your aftermarket improved rims and hubs, etc., etc.
                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

Zombie+cerberus+crow appearing together. 1.5 can do many more things than BIO2. This answers your second question. What do you mean with zombie skin? Zombies sharing same model but different texture?
                  Niiiice, Do they attack each other aswell or just the player?. Will we be seeing the dobermans from eariler builds?

IGAS = I give a shit?, I always used to say IDGAS (I don't give a shit) when i was younger

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    Won't happen. While they've taken liberties with very few elements in the game, overall they're trying to stay as faithful as possible to what was originally intended. It's supposed to be as if you just purchased the game in 1997 when it was originally meant to be released. You can see where this is going.
                    So thats less appealing for the game than that battle mode that looks pulled right out of Dino Crisis 2? "Being truthful to what was to release" my foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                      To quote B.Zork

"It's a sad day again"
                      someone read what i wrote and quote me. i am flattered. i see you speculate on why thia and not 1-2-3 on other forum. to give answer to that is we never intend for public to know anything at all in first place, and we had a team without need for public recruitment, so no decision ever was made for what to use outside of internal project communication hub and when situation with premature public announce occur, due to sensitive situation, material and small size of re community who know 1.5, i make call to utilize account i already have here on thia which i already have since back in 2009.

very excite to see all the modest technical people who either offer help or give their nods to us on how to make thing work on this project. i think what we do is very unique for a video game. many find very interesting for technical and historical reason.

Comment

So thats less appealing for the game than that battle mode that looks pulled right out of Dino Crisis 2? "Being truthful to what was to release" my foot.
                        im not a fan of the battle thing, but there is a difference between an extra mode, and something that ruins the feel of the normal gameplay.
                        Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM. Reason: ninja'd by b.zork

Comment

This is why we can't have good things. "Oh noes! This game's too good ****, what a piece of shit it truly is!"
                          (Where **** represents multiple endings, unlockables, game modes, etc. that generally is considered a good thing 'cause they increase the value/longetivity of a product)

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                          im not a fan of the battle thing, but there is a difference between an extra mode, and something that ruins the feel of the normal gameplay.
                          Yeah. It's not like I expect you to enter a room and have the game suddenly go all Gaiden/Deadly Silence on your ass with that stuff, just 'cause they showed they can manipulate camera and make textured rooms. Reeks of demake of RE4 Mercs if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                            This. There's a reason the battle game isn't part of the main game. Also, a "live trigger" system was never planned for 1.5; why the team would want to include one in, when their aim is to make their restoration work as close to authentic as possible, is beyond me.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

You should replay DC2: the only thing that looks similar to the DC2 battle arena is the tron-like texture. As for being truthful, I don't really see how a proof of concept of something clearly intended as an extra could do anything to the main scenario or the game appealing in general. Like Carnivol pointed out, it doesn't take a genius to figure out minigames are there for fan-service, while also improving longevity.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 05-16-2013, 10:00 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• yes. bonus is bonus.
                                Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                "live trigger" system was never planned for 1.5
                                what is live trigger?
                                Last edited by B.Zork; 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X