Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
    The work on new zombie type teached me to make parts disappear. Shotgun decapitations and maybe hit before zombie gets up will be added soon.
    Something I've been wondering about. Since the zombie AI is based on RE1's, is there anything in the game's code that indicates that they were meant to be eventually programmed so you could "hit them before they get up", just like in retail? I want to know since from what you've been telling us, there are lots of other functions (such as quick knife and aim up decapitations) that the devs had already planned to implement/fix, but just haven't gotten to yet.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      When you say "hit before get up", do you mean as they are trying to stand up you can shoot them? Like in RE2? If so then good! The zombie AI in RE1 did not let you shoot a zombie as they tried to stand up, or maybe it not the AI at all.

It's nice to hear decapitations will be returning via the shotgun. Will they also be present for the handgun? In RE1 and RE2, you can shoot them in the head but it happens at random.

One final question. Will decapitations and dismemberment be just as gory as in RE1/2? I'd love to see a fountain of blood in 1.5, just like it was in RE1.
      I don't believe critical hits, as they occurred in REDC, happened in RE2. They returned for RE3 however. I am ambivalent towards them, personally. Maybe a specialized handgun that criticals more often, but is weaker than the default handgun?

Comment

• Hrm.. that's a cool idea. Maybe a handgun that fires slower and has less ammo, but it more powerful?
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• wouldnt mind the SIG being different from the BHP like the VP and BHP in retail

Comment

• elza actor picture!!!!

upper zombie shoots!!!!

finally something to masturbate to!
            Last edited by Marvin; 06-09-2013, 12:46 AM.
            ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
              Will you preview some of the new zombie types soon?
              Only for preview.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              1) When you say "hit before get up", do you mean as they are trying to stand up you can shoot them? Like in RE2? If so then good! The zombie AI in RE1 did not let you shoot a zombie as they tried to stand up, or maybe it not the AI at all.
              2) Will they also be present for the handgun? In RE1 and RE2, you can shoot them in the head but it happens at random.
              3) Will decapitations and dismemberment be just as gory as in RE1/2? I'd love to see a fountain of blood in 1.5, just like it was in RE1.
              1) I mean the ability to hit them when they are getting up. AI does all processing.
              2) Secret.
              3) Sprite data helps.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              Something I've been wondering about. Since the zombie AI is based on RE1's, is there anything in the game's code that indicates that they were meant to be eventually programmed so you could "hit them before they get up", just like in retail? I want to know since from what you've been telling us, there are lots of other functions (such as quick knife and aim up decapitations) that the devs had already planned to implement/fix, but just haven't gotten to yet.
              Zombie AI is all new or it would not crash? Decapitation missing on aim up hits is a bug. Capcom does a lot wrong mathematics for bit fields.
              “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• that gif, i came.
                the new handgun bullets and grenade icons, i came again

Comment

• D.Birkin, were you able to find out and fix that slowdown-glitch when your character stood in front of the warehouse door where William Birkin came out of it? When the camera angle switched to that area, the game slowed down heavily.
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

The work on new zombie type teached me to make parts disappear. Shotgun decapitations and maybe hit before zombie gets up will be added soon.
                    Thank you. I was going to include a shotgun decap in my "walkthrough" video of the RPD Shutter Hallway and ... well ... everyone's probably seen how well THAT turned out.
                    Last edited by RMandel; 06-09-2013, 01:43 AM.
                    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• that exploding zombie......... thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thnak you.....

if i was to be RITCH AS f**k i'd donate IGAS members 5 times more than any of them get at dayjob or whatever, so that they could work freely on this not worrying about other stuff....... Now... this would be REAL heaven!
                      ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        Thanks!
                        No problem. If I had the chance I'd love to ask Romero himself about both the commercial and the film in more detail, but I've sadly not had the luck. I tried in 2000 and was only able to confirm the script draft I had recieved, follow up questions went unanswered.

A friend of mine met him and had a long chat at some sort of conference thing in Atlanta a year or so back by complete random chance but didn't tell me till after because of it being a random meeting. Had they known I was a) a fan and b) had some questions to ask, they would have been happy to ask the q's on my behalf.

He lives in Canada now I believe, and still makes apperances at things, so I have hopes still to talk to him someday.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 06-09-2013, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Only for preview.

1) I mean the ability to hit them when they are getting up. AI does all processing.
                          2) Secret.
                          3) Sprite data helps.

Zombie AI is all new or it would not crash? Decapitation missing on aim up hits is a bug. Capcom does a lot wrong mathematics for bit fields.

AMAZING WORK !!! loved it ! thank you for taking the time to show us

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            No problem. If I had the chance I'd love to ask Romero himself about both the commercial and the film in more detail, but I've sadly not had the luck. I tried in 2000 and was only able to confirm the script draft I had recieved, follow up questions went unanswered.

A friend of mine met him and had a long chat at some sort of conference thing in Atlanta a year or so back by complete random chance but didn't tell me till after because of it being a random meeting. Had they known I was a) a fan and b) had some questions to ask, they would have been happy to ask the q's on my behalf.

He lives in Canada now I believe, and still makes apperances at things, so I have hopes still to talk to him someday.
                            Have you ever tried contacting him on Twitter or something? I'm sure one day you'll get the opportunity to interview him, like you said a lot of actors and directors get out to conventions, have public panels and are generally open to the idea of allowing the public to ask them questions.

Comment

Only for preview.
                              ZOMG .GIF NAOW!
                              (Grenades still look silly in-game. No wonder Capcom ended up dropping them all the way up until the great outdoors in RE4)
                              Last edited by Carnivol; 06-09-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Might I suggest changing the throwing range of the grenades? Only a complete moron would throw a grenade down at the their feet. Not sure it's possible, or whether it would work with the rest of the game, but it does look a bit silly.
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X