Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But you don't "need" to throw them far away. Zombies are slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      But you don't "need" to throw them far away. Zombies are slow.
      Not if you don't mind losing your limbs you don't lol. Obviously in a game this real life logic isn't an issue but it just looks kind of stupid the way he plants them down at his feet. Perhaps they're supposed to be used more of a defensive weapon for running away?

Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• I was under the impression that he would roll it several feet in front of him and back away. It doesn't really bother me too much. I'm more surprised at how small the blast radius is of the grenade.

But I like the progress. Decapitations and functional grenades are two of the things I've wanted to see in action.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          Obviously in a game this real life logic isn't an issue but it just looks kind of stupid
          If we had to change all the stupid things featured in video games...

Comment

• Seeing as how throwing it down near his feet is really the only way of hitting enemies semi-accurately with it, I'd rather they keep it that way. If anything, the aim forward and aim up throw ranges needs to be adjusted. Those two are practically useless, unless you're some sort of savant with ungodly skills in computing trajectory and anticipating enemy movement patterns.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Oh there's multiple ranges? I didn't know that! That makes a lot more sense then, I thought down was the only range. Aiming should be no more difficult than the grenade launcher really, once you know the timing of the explosion a little practice is all it will take.

Comment

• Have you actually tried hitting an enemy with it using the aim forward and aim up? It's a god damn bitch. You can't just point and shoot, unlike all the other weapons in the game. And much like the grenade launcher ammo, it's not like you're supposed to get a shit ton of grenades either. Missing with it would be like wasting GL ammo, except it'll happen far more often since it's hard to estimate where it lands, or if the enemy will even be standing on it when it explodes. I can see why they scrapped the idea, it just doesn't work too well with the game's multitude of fixed camera angles and enemies coming at you from off-screen.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Hmm .. well decapitations were already in the build anyway - shotgun mainly.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have them go like they do when you shotgun them? Either fall into two halves or lose their head and arms (Like retail when you rocket launcher them)

Also I'm sure when messing with grenades before, they went alot further , although did not explode, only played a page turn sfx.
                  Still nice to see progress is being made..
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Grenades don't work properly though, they're by far one of the most incomplete weapons in the game. The grenade launcher fires in an arch and the rounds explode on impact, if grenades are thrown at a similar arch, bounce on the ground and explode a second later it would be a 1-2 second difference in the distance and timing, sure it takes a bit more skill but it's not something that can't be learned. You just need to know the range of the weapon, not in range and you're not going to be using it effectively, it's as simple as that. There are things that could help the player, such as adding a tracer to the grenade or adding an effect when it lands on the ground, so the player can see it being thrown and know exactly where it falls. You could also increase the blast radius to compensate for the difficulty of use, although I'm positive players would adjust pretty quickly and it would become more of an abusive weapon.

Comment

• Here ya go - decaps and other stuff is in the game already. Now I also messed around with grenades to show their ranges.
                      Low aim puts it as in the new GIF Birkin showed us, right at Leon's feet. Normal aim throws it quite far.

Now, if they could use these existing animations and combined them with the existing grenade data - I recon it'd work.. Made a mock up on the right side.. looks good IMO

Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 06-09-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• ^ Yes , like that hehe - I dunno why the Team doesn't go for this approach - especially since the animations are already in 1.5

I may be mistaken though so please correct me if I am wrong
                          Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 06-09-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• It is possible to introduce the "emergency dodging" which allows the player to avoid enemy attacks is 180 degrees rotation on resident evil 1.5?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                              It is possible to introduce the "emergency dodging" which allows the player to avoid enemy attacks is 180 degrees rotation on resident evil 1.5?
                              Probably, but it's not a 1.5 feature. I don't want it added.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                Probably, but it's not a 1.5 feature. I don't want it added.
                                Yeah, neither I.
                                Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X