No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Damnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure the main reason for Leon's personality difference in the CG movies is due to feedback about Leon being like a emotionless cyborg in Degeneration.

Comment

• I'm sure localization/translation errors have a lot to do with it, but it's not like he's been a completely different person every time. I prefer to think of Leon as someone who's evolved and gotten darker and thornier because of his experiences. If you view all of Leon's appearances sequentially, you'll see this gradual change from an idealistic rookie who just want to help people to a young man coping with trauma through bravado and gallows humor to the the hardened, haunted man we see in RE6.

*ducks preemptively for New Bot's thrown shoe*

Comment

• It is interesting to note that by the end of Damnation...

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Archelon; 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          It is interesting to note that by the end of Damnation...

Spoiler:
          The "friendship" between Benford and Leon is only in the English dialogue, so far. In Japanese, he just thanks Leon for his cooperation. No "I've always valued your friendship". Him being jaded makes more sense since they forced him to work for them in exchange for the safety of Sherry, who they took as a hostage. The implication that Leon became best buds with the same asshole who did that to him is pretty suspect.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• When is Marwaha Desire set?

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
              When is Marwaha Desire set?

Spoiler:
              No indication yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                The "friendship" between Benford and Leon is only in the English dialogue, so far. In Japanese, he just thanks Leon for his cooperation. No "I've always valued your friendship". Him being jaded makes more sense since they forced him to work for them in exchange for the safety of Sherry, who they took as a hostage. The implication that Leon became best buds with the same asshole who did that to him is pretty suspect.
                I have to admit I did kind of wonder if that was something that was added by the localization team. It never really sat right with me that the president was acting all buddy-buddy with Leon when he was the one who basically said, "Hey, eff you, you're working for me whether you like it or not."
                Last edited by Archelon; 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I have to admit I did kind of wonder if that was something that was added by the localization team. It never really sat right with me that the president was acting all buddy-buddy with Leon when he was the one who basically said, "Hey, eff you, you're working for me whether you like it or not."
                  Yup. In Darkside Chronicles and BH3, Benford is a smug, threatening asshole. He smiles at the implication of harming Sherry. So I expect the Japanese dialogue between Leon and Benford to be rather plain in comparison to their best-buds situation in the English dialogue.

One thing to note is that Just Cause Productions weren't involved with any other game in which Leon or Benford appear. The buddy relationship is more than likely completely fabricated just like Wesker's history in RE5.

Comment

If he wasn't friends with him then why the hesitation to shoot? The people defending Leon being a dumbass used the friend excuse. If he truly was an asshole to Leon then why not just shoot him and do a happy dance?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      If he wasn't friends with him then why the hesitation to shoot? The people defending Leon being a dumbass used the friend excuse. If he truly was an asshole to Leon then why not just shoot him and do a happy dance?
                      The people who translated the game were also responsible for cut-scene and voice-over direction. Thus far, their intentions appear to be different from those of the development team. The game might elucidate, but at this point I find it doubtful.

Comment

Dude's still the President. Sure Leon knows he can't be saved but he's still the President.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
                          Dude's still the President. Sure Leon knows he can't be saved but he's still the President.
                          Pretty much this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
                            Then he is experienced to know to just shoot, hesitation comes from a emotional reason to not want to fire which an asshole would not provide. Either Leon is a complete retard or they friends.
                            Last edited by Dracarys; 09-17-2012, 02:16 AM.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Then he is experienced to know to just shoot, hesitation comes from a emotional reason to not want to fire which an asshole would not provide. Either Leon is a complete retard or they friends.
                              Or, more likely than either, the translators are retards. Consistency is not their strong point, neither is staying true to the intentions of the developers or writers.

It's kind of just a game. Character reactions aren't always, if ever realistic. This is likely the real reason he hesitates.

Also, it makes sense for Leon to hesitate. Firstly, there is a t-virus vaccine. Secondly, it's the fucking President, the man who would be top of the list of people receiving the vaccine. Leon isn't aware of any new zombie-making virus at this point, so it makes sense for him to hesitate based on the possibility. He isn't the only one who hesitates either, Helena is the one being attacked and she does fuck all, and she has never had any profound interaction with Benford.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 09-17-2012, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• The thing that surprises me more out of this entire discussion is that Benford was even involved with Leon being forced to join the US govt forces in the first place, given the length of time between RE2's events and RE6's.

I haven't kept up on where each connection comes from, but where is it that Benford was involved with the events in Raccoon and the start of Leon's career? Other than him saying of course he wants to come clean with the coverup I mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X