Resident Evil Damnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
    Well it's not like they sat down at the table with Nemesis or Tyrant Mr.X and discussed why and who they were going to hunt down.
    Stuff like that was coded in their brains. Somehow.

The same way with Lickers - inject them with a 'mission juice' and they'll know what to do.
    They have to have intelligence, though.

How are B.O.W.s controlled? Are they controlled via verbal commands or certain technology?
    B.O.W.s with intelligence are controlled by trainers, and learn a few verbal commands in training. They learn more complex commands the higher their intelligence. However, trainers are rarely on the battlefield. They basically act on their own judgement. It seems that commands had been used, and sounds of a special frequency. Nemesis-T Type intelligence is even higher. He remembers the S.T.A.R.S. members through photographs and videos.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      How are B.O.W.s controlled? Are they controlled via verbal commands or certain technology?
      B.O.W.s with intelligence are controlled by trainers, and learn a few verbal commands in training. They learn more complex commands the higher their intelligence. However, trainers are rarely on the battlefield. They basically act on their own judgement. It seems that commands had been used, and sounds of a special frequency. Nemesis-T Type intelligence is even higher. He remembers the S.T.A.R.S. members through photographs and videos.
      That's great, but there's got to be some more sophisticated way for them to control BOWs. Something to do with manipulations on a genetic level or chemicals in their brain.

Btw I though the scientist blackmailing a tyrant in Outbreak File 2 was kinda silly - "Hey Tyrant you better listen to me cause if I'll press this button you gonna die."
      Haaa really?

Comment

They have to have intelligence, though.
        They probably came up with better ways to control B.O.W's after 10 years of producing and studying them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
          That's great, but there's got to be some more sophisticated way for them to control BOWs. Something to do with manipulations on a genetic level or chemicals in their brain.

Btw I though the scientist blackmailing a tyrant in Outbreak File 2 was kinda silly - "Hey Tyrant you better listen to me cause if I'll press this button you gonna die."
          Haaa really?
          There isn't. That's as sophisticated as it gets. The only exceptions are the Hunter II (implant connected to remote monitoring devices), T-A.L.O.S. (computer/AI controlled) and Tyrant R (programmable brain implants). Chemicals wouldn't really do anything.

The Tyrant R in Outbreak File 2 isn't blackmailed at all. The bomb is solely in-case it goes out of control. Not to prevent it from going out of control.

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
          They probably came up with better ways to control B.O.W's after 10 years of producing and studying them.
          Then one random dude would not be able to control one random Licker. The entire plot element doesn't sit right with me right now. It might turn out to be nothing and explained pretty well, but I'm still dreading the moment they have some psychic asshole.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Then one random dude would not be able to control one random Licker. The entire plot element doesn't sit right with me right now. It might turn out to be nothing and explained pretty well, but I'm still dreading the moment they have some psychic asshole.
            If he really is in control of the Lickers then he might not be that random, but I don't think that the thing Leon refers to is a Licker, a device that messes with the Licker's hearing and makes them attack certain targets maybe? I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                I don't know why everyone is thinking the new guy is Ark. He's probably just a new character. Why do people insist on getting their hopes up when it comes to Capcom?

Think about it from their perspective: Why would they bring back the lead character from one of the worst RE games (based on both critics and fans alike) ever made?
                RE6 Sherry Looked like Sherry , Face , Voice , Personality wise ...
                People insisted that she is Ashley , well not all but most , however i didn't , the voice actor wasn't the same and it doesn't matter , face and personality matter more ...

I can imagine if that guy really turned to be Ark , if not then that's a bit sad and a shame.
                Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                  Called it.

Also, judging by the special features, it looks like Las Plagas will play a role in the film.

Last edited by Archelon; 07-16-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Well i'm stunned, that's the best Paul Mercier impression I've ever heard. Amazing.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• I wonder if Las Plagas is what is being used to control the Lickers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        I wonder if Las Plagas is what is being used to control the Lickers.
                        It's possible, worked with everything else. The controller....Krauser. That would be kinda cool actually, especially with the whole battlefield setting. I don't think we'd ever be able to take another RE character death seriously though lol. I'm curious as to if Plagas would work with zombies like people used to propose as a future enemy. Would a zombie have enough functioning brain matter to actually be controlled by a parasite?

Obviously it wouldn't be as quick thinking, weapon wielding and resourceful as a ganado/majini, but it could still follow commands as basic as it's natural ones like walk, eat lol. Meh, kind of defeats the purpose, other then creating an extra tough zombie.

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        Well i'm stunned, that's the best Paul Mercier impression I've ever heard. Amazing.
                        No shit, even his last name is similiar lol.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Was I the only one that knew it wasnt Mercier?
                          PSN Gamercards

Comment

• No a few people said they thought it didn't sound like Mercier, though I thought it was absolutely spot on being him.
                            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	residentevildamnationartpic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	401467

God almighty that's a horrible boxart.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6924[/ATTACH]

God almighty that's a horrible boxart.
                                LOL So true, but I think the movie will be pretty awesome... if only for the canon content it provides. XD I'm still optimistic though, I liked the first one. I can't wait for this to hit Youtube.

and that damn well better be Ark.
                                Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X