Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I think you're a bit confused"
    This is not the Samurai Edge, but the M93R.

Comment

As said before,it is also refered to as the Samurai Edge Custom

Comment

And I'm pretty sure it's not. The only Samurai Edge in the game is Wesker's handgun.

Comment

http://www.cheatcc.com/ps3/residente...eatscodes.html

M93R pistol (Samurai Edge Custom): Fully upgrade the M92F pistol
          http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheat...nt_evil_5.html
          M93R 'Samurai Edge' Custom S.T.A.R.S. Handgun-Completely upgrade the M92F Handgun.

Comment

It's not the case in the game, and it's not the case in the official guidebook I have. So, until proved otherwise, I assume that it has been made up by confused fans. Maybe they thought it looked like Barry's Samurai Edge from Rebirth.

Comment

I would love a Separate Ways-type adventure, as long as it's not crappy forced co-op!

I'd also prefer to play as Jill, not because she's hot and dressed in a zero-G suit or anything stupid like that, but because she's a classic RE character. Josh is like the Luis Sera of RE5, but way less interesting. Do you think Separate Ways in RE4 would have been as popular as it was if you played as Luis?
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                I'd also prefer to play as Jill, not because she's hot and dressed in a zero-G suit or anything stupid like that, but because she's a classic RE character. Josh is like the Luis Sera of RE5, but way less interesting. Do you think Separate Ways in RE4 would have been as popular as it was if you played as Luis?
                Fair enough, but would Seperate Ways have been as popular if it took place over the course of one of the game's chapters? Because that's what a Seperate Ways with Jill should be like. Before the end of 5-3, she wasn't herself. She was working for Wesker and thus would not have to fight Majini, which makes a scenario starring her completely and utterly fucking pointless.

Comment

They should release a Flash Back event Where you can Play through the events of RE1 in the RE5 Style which is kind of what GTA4 did but just with a different character. So basically adding like 5 or 6 hours of extra Game Play.

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                    I have a question. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but when it comes to DLC, is that just costumes, weapons, and game modes? Can you actually download entirely new levels even though they are not on the game disc?

I don't know how this DLC stuff works because I don't really play online games.
                    Look up Siren: Blood Curse. That's an entire PS3 game for download, basically. And a damn scary good one, at that.

So, yes, it's possible and easily done.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to read the other two pages. XD Either way, yes, it's possible... and yes, Siren: Blood Curse is awesome.
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-07-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks847 View Post
                      They should release a Flash Back event Where you can Play through the events of RE1 in the RE5 Style which is kind of what GTA4 did but just with a different character. So basically adding like 5 or 6 hours of extra Game Play.
                      How would that be any fun? If there is any game in the series that you really couldn't adapt the new system to, it's RE1. For me, the old "tank" control gameplay and old mansion go hand in hand. It's a one of a kind game. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a challenge since you could headshot zombies so easily, it'd be more like a chore than an actual challenge. Not to mention the fact that REmake is still such a viable game, there's really no point in upgrading the original's graphics yet again.

Now, RE3, RE3, and RECVX(let's just ignore RE0) could be tinkered with, and added too. There scenario's could be more easily adapted into an RE4/RE5 style of game. Those games are more adventurous and action-packed than the original. You might have to add some new things in, but the results from any of those 3 games would be stunning and satisfying. It's always seemed silly to me that any Umbrella facility is just littered with cooky puzzles. The original premise of a madman's dusty old mansion is great, but why is an Umbrella sanctioned police station, clocktower, prison, and antarctic research facility littered with puzzles, emblems, keys, and traps?

Must be a requirement in the resume I suppose.
                      Last edited by valentinesdead?; 09-08-2009, 04:36 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Myself personally, I think Josh was up to something when he met Chris and Sheva at the refinery. He looked spooked, like he got caught doing something wrong. You can see it in his facial features (good job on that at least Capcom) when Sheva asked him what he had been doing. So, I think a DLC of a Josh mission would be appropriate. There's not really alot of room in the game to make a Jill mission, because as stated before she wouldn't have to fight anything up until the final couple chapters being that she was under control and part of the "dark side". They could do a small mission with her going to find the "escape helicopter" and catching Josh trying to run away with it and making up some bogus story.

Comment

I think I would like to see a scenerio with Chris and Jill prior to 5. Maybe there first mission with the BSAA or maybe they can have Barry involved somehow.

Comment

Working...
                          X