No announcement yet.

RE5 Director's Cut TGS Gameplay Demo and Trailer Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have reported some of their insults in many cases. It's always the same people, the same usernames, the same statements. I feel so damn understimated...

I tried to ignore them. I think all mods from here have their own point of view of an agression and you get infractions if you just reply to them or with the person with had an argument in the kindest way. They keep saying the same thing, and no matter how many times you report their posts, they feel free to insult you in any thread. My fav. character is Jill Valentine. Take it or leave it. I can't even say i don't like a game, because they jump to the conclusion that it's because Jill's not there... what do i have to do in that case? See?

Do we have to be insulted just because the rules are not on our side?

If you post you like this new chapter and you imagine another one with the character from it.. the go bashing you saying that you're a fanboy (they have their own concept of it, you are like a sad case, with no life etc) and that you are mentally ill... Jezz.... what's that? isn't that a big agression to someone? They might not name anyone.. but they quote your messages, isn't that enough for you mods?

Should all fans from resident evil or a character get banned just for these few agressors?

So, following the rules, can i say someone's fatass sad case without saying his name? That's ridiculous. It is so clear who they are referring to.

All mods should carefully read all posts, i might not be good at English, i'm not native. They usually tick you as a broken english chatter, but i'm a human, so hello....
    I think i haven't insulted anyone and also apologized with the people i had misunderstandings...

Some people just crosses the fine line often.

Am i going to get banned for this too? That's all i have to say.

Comment

• You know, they went all out with this Motion Control garbage and a new scenario, but there are a few things I really want. New Characters, Maps and Weapons for Mercenaries modes(and in turn, Versus, I guess). Could it really be that hard to add new characters(Josh and Irving would be a good start), new maps(Wetlands? Labs? Water World re-make?) and new weapons(Samurai Edge, Px8, Colt Python, etc)? For some reason, I don't think it's all that difficult.

If RE5.1 had all of this stuff PLUS the Motion Control and a new scenario...it might warrant another $60. Still, though, I'd hope for all of this to be DLC.

EDIT: Lol. The reply above me was made when I was finishing my post. I've tried twice now to get back on-topic. I dunno what else to do...
      Last edited by Vector; 09-26-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Yo! Jill Lover! Lot of split-quoting and replying here (done over a cup of... actually, it was a bottle of sprite.) Sorry if this post might seem a bit disconnected or incomplete. Anyway, here goes;

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
        I have reported some of their insults in many cases. It's always the same people, the same usernames, the same statements. I feel so damn understimated...
        Say... out of curiosity; have you considered that maybe you're not doing something right with the reporting? I just took a look through 12 months worth of reported posts, and I only found one reported post with your name on it. If you're worried about a report not being seen, or something might be wrong with the system, try to PM the moderators. Or post in the site suggestions sub-forum or something about it. But, yes, you're probably right at it being mostly the same people who just can't seem to get along. Staff have often had to come into various topics to set a foot down to tell people to "cut it" before things get (too) ugly

I tried to ignore them. I think all mods from here have their own point of view of an agression and you get infractions if you just reply to them or with the person with had an argument in the kindest way. They keep saying the same thing, and no matter how many times you report their posts, they feel free to insult you in any thread.
        Yeah, it's true that we (the various mods) treat things a bit differently. Some like to hand out infractions left and right. Others like to just pass out a written warning (either in post or via PM)... and others just crawl out when "enough is enough". Incase you're curious about how the infraction system works and stuff, when someone reports a post, a topic is created for it in the mod forums (containing the description a person gives of the post + the post they reported), in there, sometimes the moderators discuss the right course of action. Sometimes they agree, other times they don't. (Everyone who's somehow considered "part of staff" have access to that forum + posting privileges, so they get to give their input too, regardless of their lack of mod powers)

My fav. character is Jill Valentine. Take it or leave it. I can't even say i don't like a game, because they jump to the conclusion that it's because Jill's not there... what do i have to do in that case? See?

Do we have to be insulted just because the rules are not on our side?
        You're of course allowed to love and appreciate whatever character you like. But let's just say that the "Jill fanbase" is a tad bit more vocal than everyone else... and we've had some rather unfortunate situations involving people from people who're "Jill fans". Of course, cutting everyone under the same comb isn't really nice of us either, so I guess we might have to try to be better on that front. Of course you're allowed to speak up about "Subject X", but to many, it most certainly becomes annoying when it's either "Jill this" or "Jill that", regardless of what the topic initially was about.

If you post you like this new chapter and you imagine another one with the character from it.. the go bashing you saying that you're a fanboy (they have their own concept of it, you are like a sad case, with no life etc) and that you are mentally ill... Jezz.... what's that? isn't that a big agression to someone? They might not name anyone.. but they quote your messages, isn't that enough for you mods?

Should all fans from resident evil or a character get banned just for these few agressors?

So, following the rules, can i say someone's fatass sad case without saying his name? That's ridiculous. It is so clear who they are referring to.
        You're right. Fans of a specific group shouldn't get bashed by other members. If you feel this is happening, please do you use the report system. Maybe it's easy to misinterpret something as an insult, but then again, one doesn't always have to take offense from something.

Site staff finds some "Jill fans" rather hilarious in a weird way... we've had some run ins with some during our time as members of various RE communities. There are people who like RE and there are people who like a specific thing from RE... and... there are those who go beyond liking and have weird obsessions/fantasies that they let go a bit too far (to the point where it really should be wise of someone close to them to take action and make sure they get professional help). Not saying you belong to that last part, but we've had some cases of that... which is why staff might seem to be taking sides (but trust me; If a post is reported, someone feels offended/hurt, etc... it goes from general laughter to seriousness.)

All mods should carefully read all posts, i might not be good at English, i'm not native. They usually tick you as a broken english chatter, but i'm a human, so hello....
        I think i haven't insulted anyone and also apologized with the people i had misunderstandings...

Some people just crosses the fine line often.
        We try to scatter around and read as many posts as possible. It's not easy. As we do have other commitments in our lives other than looking after these forums. We have the report button system to make our lives easier. Your English seems to be perfectly fine to me, but then again, I'm not a native speaker either, so maybe I'm missing something. But in general, your written English seems to be on par with (if not better than) that of many native speakers. Maybe it's a cultural thing you're experiencing if you feel there are misunderstandings, and not one rooted in your non-native speaker background.

Am i going to get banned for this too? That's all i have to say.
        You wont get banned for this. Let's all just try to be our best!

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29
        EDIT: Lol. The reply above me was made when I was finishing my post. I've tried twice now to get back on-topic. I dunno what else to do...
        Ignore the posts that stray off topic or aren't directed to you, or maybe at least try to read them before reporting them ;)

Comment

• I want to thank you in public Carnivol =)

I promise I'll do my best to keep things cool.

Comment

• Since this scenario is during the flashback, it would be nice if you could fight Wesker with Chris & Jill as well. I know the cutscene depicts them being kicked around by Wesker in the Spencer Estate--but that sorta thing can be retconned through the newer gameplay; sorta like how Ada's scenario in seperate ways shows her just leaving the island, while Leon's ending has her setting explosives to destroy it. A subtle distortion wouldn't hurt the storyline a bit.

I also look forward to this.

Comment

• Before this thread got derailed, a lot of people were harping on RE5 Alternative Edition for seemingly cashing in on nostalgia (even though we've glimpsed maybe 20-30 seconds of the concept). Yet some of these same people are stoked for DSC, which, if I am not mistaken, is completely cashing in on nostalgia and using it to push a really, really mediocre on-rails shooter for a price tag of $50-$60 USD.

But what do I know, I am just a "big fat ugly sweaty smelly greasy freak." But even us freaks need to interact with our fellow man; it's just that these dang bed sores keep me from getting outside to meet other people. Life's tough when you're 500+ lbs, greasy, and smell bad...
              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-27-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod
                Be grateful that this kind of fanboys/girls haven't arrived to the forums yet:

*link removed*

Some of them really scared me.
                Heavy-Inamorato is a great person and talented artist! She's not an insane fangirl.. >:I
                Trust me, I have seen true fangirls, and she is nowhere close to that! She happens to really like Billy and really dislike Jill.. That's all! ^^;
                Last edited by Darkmoon; 09-27-2009, 04:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Any ideas when the teaser trailer will be up in a direct-feed version?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    Any ideas when the teaser trailer will be up in a direct-feed version?
                    My guess...not for a while yet! It's a year now since the RE5 Play God trailer was shown off at TGS, and that wasn't released until January!

Comment

• Thanks Al for sticking up for me , Thanks Rod for your cooperation *ninja vanish*
                      Last edited by Heavy-Inamorato; 09-27-2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Oooooooohhhhh ssshhhiiii--

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          Before this thread got derailed, a lot of people were harping on RE5 Alternative Edition for seemingly cashing in on nostalgia (even though we've glimpsed maybe 20-30 seconds of the concept). Yet some of these same people are stoked for DSC, which, if I am not mistaken, is completely cashing in on nostalgia and using it to push a really, really mediocre on-rails shooter for a price tag of $50-$60 USD.
                          Serious question, but how do you justify calling a game mediocre without having played it? Particularly when a lot of the feedback from those who have played it seems to be largely positive?

Or is it just another case of more on-rails hate?

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                            Heavy-Inamorato is a great person and talented artist! She's not an insane fangirl.. >:I
                            Trust me, I have seen true fangirls, and she is nowhere close to that! She happens to really like Billy and really dislike Jill.. That's all! ^^;
                            I'm not saying these are bad people. It just freaked me out a bit the passion of loving or hating some characters. That's all!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              Could it really be that hard to add new characters(Josh and Irving would be a good start)
                              If PC gamers can do it, I don't see why Capcom can't.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRqO...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                                I'm not saying these are bad people. It just freaked me out a bit the passion of loving or hating some characters. That's all!
                                I understand! No problem!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X