Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outbreak was a pretty poor RE game to begin with. It wasn't as bad as gun survivor, but it was bad!
    Its like demanding a sequel to Plan 9 From Outer Space.
    Like Plan 9, it has quite a cult following, but its just not a big enough following to generate the revenue needed.
    Last edited by bastardcat; 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

its crap stop with your shit against outbreak fans its insane why you dident get banned yet you always find a way to put a comment on outbreak always ! no matter in what topic you come up with a crap comment about outbreak .. its insane you dident get warnnings yet or a ban.

Comment

Reply on the topic at hand like i have, or don't reply at all.

Comment

i do what i want you got a problem with it ? go bitch to someone els about it ;)

Comment

Tis a killer joke!

Capcom Announces New Resident Evil Outbreak Title...
            YESSS!

...But for the social networking service GREE.
            . . . !
            Spoiler:

Comment

i feel the same way jagger they are freaking stupid over at capcom holy shit !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                Great thread title, you can almost hear the heartbreak when some people got to the story!

Well, the people wanted Outbreak, so they're getting Ourbreak haha
                Damn, Stu I have to give it to you. Your an amazing troll. Do you have a life outside of trolling Outbreak fans? You been doing this since the old days of Unity. The funny thing is you played little to non of the outbreak games online, But every major Resident fansite I have ever seen you on, you can't keep the game out of your post's why is that? Just curious.

I mean for someone to be obsessed with a dead series that he has little experience with, and constantly throwing jabs over the last 6 years to anyone who consider the Outbreak games to be an amazing series (which they are) is one hell of achievement even for a troll.

Comment

I'm flattered that you've registered just to adress me, thank you for that.

To say i'm "obsessed" though, and i "can't keep the game out of my posts" is somewhat of a wild exageration though i must say. I'll comment on it when it's relevant, that's all.

Sorry, is it not relevant to talk about Outbreak in an Outbreak thread?

Comment

Outbreak fans have no room to talk about obsession or trolling.
                    "Puppy4David" regularly used to troll L4D forums for support, then become downright verbally abusive to anyone who disagreed with him. They're also known to go "Hey this guy on this other thread/message board doesn't think Outbreak was sent to us by God himself, and thinks it to be a lesser game! Lets zerg rush over there and show him whats what!"
                    Last edited by bastardcat; 04-18-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Double standards surely? People were jumping through hoops with the whole "Kill Leon" thing a couple of weeks back, so what's the difference?
                      No, not really. The comments in this thread haven't been 'I am happy for a gameplay element,' such as Leon being killed because some people didn't enjoy his character, but, 'I'm happy because fans of something I don't like are now upset. Loosers' which isn't quite the same.

Also - knock off the arguing, personal bullshit, yaddy yaddy yadda people. Come on. This is not how adults are actually meant to behave. Infractions if it continues.

Etc.

Comment

It's a game, on a SOCIAL NETWORK. Does that not tell you enough about what type of game it'll be?
                        You have a valid point. But I don't think that is what triggered the "anger" so to speak. I think it was the "idea" that they decided to do another Outbreak game, but make it for a social network phone/site (whatever it is). Because, let's face it, if it was called something else other than Outbreak, I don't think anyone would be getting pissed about this. They would just treat it like another sub-par Resident Evil mobile phone game.

I'm not really angry about it. I was at first when I saw that it was going to be for Glee. It's more like an insult to people who have been wanting another Outbreak title, for so long, and then they go and do this.

Other than that, I don't expect much of this game, nor do I really care that much because I have no intention of getting a Glee.
                        Last edited by RetroRain; 04-18-2011, 01:44 PM.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          No, not really. The comments in this thread haven't been 'I am happy for a gameplay element,' such as Leon being killed because some people didn't enjoy his character, but, 'I'm happy because fans of something I don't like are now upset. Loosers' which isn't quite the same.
                          Would agree with that to an extent, but in black and white terms it's still a tale of two cities really, one happy, one not so much. People will always choose to revel in it - that's just how it is i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                            You have a valid point. But I don't think that is what triggered the "anger" so to speak. I think it was the "idea" that they decided to do another Outbreak game, but make it for a social network phone/site (whatever it is). Because, let's face it, if it was called something else other than Outbreak, I don't think anyone would be getting pissed about this. They would just treat it like another sub-par Resident Evil mobile phone game.
                            That idea though that seven little letters in a title could be enough to tip people over the edge is just madness though surely? The fans don't own any sort of "right" over the name Outbreak at the end of the day, i can't see why people would honestly get angry about it.

If people think i wouldn't like to see an Outbreak game (especially if it was similar to the first two games) is very much mistaken - i would anticipate it in the hope that Capcom learned from the catalogue of errors that littered the game originally and expect a decent effort.

But i'm far too realistic. I know it's not going to happen any time soon, no matter how many online petitions are thrown up, how many fancy websites put together little forum signatures for people to use, or how many pages the Capcom Unity thread logs up.

Comment

I don't mind if you wanna be amused by this. I figured you would. The issue comes from actively winding up the people who ARE upset and who, quite possibly, have a reason to be. While I don't, personally, have the mind set that we deserve anything from Capcom and that, indeed, they'll do as they want it has to be a real kick in the groin for the poor souls who've been trying to keep Outbreak alive...only to have Capcom bring out a Outbreak they propably can't get, and possibly isn't even related to Outbreak given that Leon seems to be the only character (so far revealed, anyway). It has to feel like Capcom's deliberately pissing on them from on high.

You pointing and laughing with a big tub of salt isn't exactly doing anything to make people feel better.

Comment

only to have Capcom bring out a Outbreak they propably can't get
                                Yeah but more importantly, it's an Outbreak they won't even care about anyway. Do we even have a full explanation as to what Gree even is? I mean - what's the sense in getting in a state over something 99% of those complaining won't even understand?

You pointing and laughing with a big tub of salt isn't exactly doing anything to make people feel better.
                                Then a tall glass of Man Up is surely required? Come on now.

Comment

Working...
                                X