This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
    It has nothing to do with the "Outbreak they wanted anyway." The game could be all about Pokemon for all they give a shit. Nothing to do with that. It was the very "idea" that they went and did that, because it conflicts with what they wanted. Anger and disappointment. But it would probably only anger the people who were really keen on wanting another Outbreak. People who simply don't care if they get another Outbreak probably won't get angry at all.
    Like i said in a post that got deleted though...i'm a massive Resident Evil fan, love the franchise, got me back into gaming after years of boredom over a decade ago.

But when there was news about a Resident Evil game coming out which wouldn't run on my phone - i just dealt with it. I didn't take to the internet f'ing and blinding about how Capcom don't care etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      Does it ever end?
      ...should it? I mean, I don't agree with everything in this thread, that's for sure. I stopped caring as soon as I knew it would never be over here. It's not like 1.5, dangled before and snatched away. But surely Capcom should actually want people to bitch and moan rather than just doing the thing they're afraid of - not buying the games. If nothing else it helps give them an idea of what some fans want, what they got wrong, what they need to work on and the like. In this case, it shows them that taunting the Outbreak folks is a bad plan and that someone in Capcom Marketing is soon gonna die.

I do sorta think that Capcom could have chosen a different title for the game, though, and simply avoided all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        In this case, it shows them that taunting the Outbreak folks is a bad plan and that someone in Capcom Marketing is soon gonna die.
        I give you the Outbreak fan mindset. "Give us what we want or else!"
        And they wonder why no one at Capcom will ever take them seriously.
        The unity mods best decision was keeping them hidden away in the RE general discussion forums.
        Last edited by bastardcat; 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I still think this is an elaborate plot engineered by Stu.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            It's not like 1.5, dangled before and snatched away.
            Actually it is, if not worst. What I mean by that is File 1, and 2 can not be played like it could when it was released. Imagine if tomorrow every copy of RE2/RE3 ever made went obsolete, and this could never be fixed. People who considered that their favorite game could no longer play it again.

For those who did play Outbreak for 100ths of hours online, they can never do so again, so the snatched away concept fits in this situation. Certain people are going to be bitter, and some will move on that's just how it will be, but I hardly see the OB fans who stay in their section on Unity or W/E to be effecting the entire Resident evil community. Till this day I don't understand how some people enjoy seeing a certain group of RE fans to be tormented by the the fact they can never play their favorite, or one of their favorite games again like they once could.

Comment

Originally posted by OutbreakSaviour View Post
              Actually it is, if not worst.
              Think i've seen it all now.

A game on a social network, that people wouldn't even want to play anyway when it gets released, is equivalent to an axed game that attracts a lot of attention even outside the Resident Evil community

Comment

Damnit AJ, that thread title

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Damnit AJ, that thread title
                  Almost like he knew what he was doing right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    Think i've seen it all now.

A game on a social network, that people wouldn't even want to play anyway when it gets released, is equivalent to an axed game that attracts a lot of attention even outside the Resident Evil community
                    Their is no correlation with your response and my earlier post? I was comparing Outbreak online state to that of RE 1.5.

I need to get this out. I have moved on, and put outbreak in the past, I did all this back in 2008 when the servers died, I feel no kind of way about this mobile game.

Also you can stop touching yourself I know you love the idea of another outbreak playmate to invoke at any chance you get but this posting thing is a one time deal for me.
                    Last edited by OutbreakSaviour; 04-18-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bastardcat View Post
                      I give you the Outbreak fan mindset. "Give us what we want or else!"
                      And they wonder why no one at Capcom will ever take them seriously.
                      The unity mods best decision was keeping them hidden away in the RE general discussion forums.
                      You know when you try to insult Outbreak fans, you're not as charming as when Stu does it. Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by OutbreakSaviour View Post
                        but I hardly see the OB fans who stay in their section on Unity or W/E to be effecting the entire Resident evil community. Till this day I don't understand how some people enjoy seeing a certain group of RE fans to be tormented by the the fact they can never play their favorite, or one of their favorite games again like they once could.
                        Maybe it's because the people on there think they are alien/animals and refer to themselves in the third person? I've put 200 hours on both outbreak games combined, and i think the people on unity are weird and very entitled. especially when they only have 700 signatures on their petition, when past capcom interviews with producers have made it clear that capcom won't even look their way if it doesn't have at least 500,000 signatures.
                        Last edited by Delta; 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          Almost like he knew what he was doing right?
                          Last edited by REmaster; 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

THREAD TITLE =

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                              Maybe it's because the people on there think they are alien/animals and refer to themselves in the third person? I've put 200 hours on both outbreak games and i think the people on unity are weird and very entitled. especially when they only have 700 signatures on their petition, when past capcom interviews with producers have made it clear that capcom won't even look their way if it doesn't have at least 500,000 signatures.
                              So let me get this fucking straight. People who never enjoyed or cared about the outbreak series want to see outbreak fans suffer because they don't like how outbreak fans conduct them self in a thread dedicated to the outbreak series? WTF!

Well, that right there is grade A fucking logic if I ever saw it. You know what I idc about Nintendo first party titles shit I should go to a Nintendo forum and be strongly concerned about what their fanbase is doing even though it has zero effect on me.
                              Last edited by OutbreakSaviour; 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Oh don't get me started on the petition.
                                The mindset behind that is so funny that its tragic!
                                They expect that Capcom is magically going to go "Durr-hurr okay!", just because a petition that is only thousands strong, when they need millions of sales for it to be worth Capcom's time. File 2 sold an abysmal amount. It is not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X