This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I am enraged. Really. Look how angry I am. Ragh.
    Yeah I got very excited when I heard about the new Outbreak game but then my hopes died when I read the article.

Also are you angry enough to make your EVAtar start the Third Impact? Oh wait you need Adam and Lilith.... Unless you have already fused with Adam and the EVA is a clone of Lilith?!?!? My head spins with how absurd this sounds...
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

We need annual awards to recognize greatness on this forum. Surely this should win for best thread title, and a forerunner for best thread.
      As for the news, I don't care either way. Outbreak was ok but by no means the greatest game ever. In fact most of my memories of the game are of sheer frustration. If this was nt named outbreak it'd have 2-3 replies at best. Lets face it, none of us will play this game, and even if we were given the opportunity to, probably wouldn't waste our time
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        We need annual awards to recognize greatness on this forum. Surely this should win for best thread title, and a forerunner for best thread.
        As for the news, I don't care either way. Outbreak was ok but by no means the greatest game ever. In fact most of my memories of the game are of sheer frustration. If this was nt named outbreak it'd have 2-3 replies at best. Lets face it, none of us will play this game, and even if we were given the opportunity to, probably wouldn't waste our time

Last edited by REmaster; 04-18-2011, 10:03 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
          AJ make this your avatar PLEASE!!
          sigpic

Comment

oh god what have I done

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
              oh god what have I done

Poor AJ takin all the flak.
              Last edited by REmaster; 04-18-2011, 10:30 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Outbreak fanatics getting punk'd was epic, so this really does call for a trophy.

Comment

And nothing of value was lost. Except for the teeth of some poor sod who got their head kicked in by rehunk88 after this news.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by OutbreakSaviour View Post
                    Actually it is, if not worst. What I mean by that is File 1, and 2 can not be played like it could when it was released. Imagine if tomorrow every copy of RE2/RE3 ever made went obsolete, and this could never be fixed. People who considered that their favorite game could no longer play it again.

For those who did play Outbreak for 100ths of hours online, they can never do so again, so the snatched away concept fits in this situation. Certain people are going to be bitter, and some will move on that's just how it will be, but I hardly see the OB fans who stay in their section on Unity or W/E to be effecting the entire Resident evil community. Till this day I don't understand how some people enjoy seeing a certain group of RE fans to be tormented by the the fact they can never play their favorite, or one of their favorite games again like they once could.
                    True. I was refering to the fact that Capcom never said, 'this game shall be yours.' No promises or release dates for over here. Even then, of course, it doesn't mean were actually entitled to 1.5. And yes, I will be going into hiding after I post this to avoid Alzaire. We just really, really want it and all things considered it would be easy money for Capcom to finish it up, label it Resident Evil 2: Another Another Story and release it via PSN. But eh.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                    Yeah I got very excited when I heard about the new Outbreak game but then my hopes died when I read the article.

Also are you angry enough to make your EVAtar start the Third Impact? Oh wait you need Adam and Lilith.... Unless you have already fused with Adam and the EVA is a clone of Lilith?!?!? My head spins with how absurd this sounds...
                    I get angry enough to do that everytime I log into the forums. I would merrily see most of you people obliterated by Angels.

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                    oh god what have I done
                    Made my life slightly more difficult than it had to be. Your payment of anthrax will soon be at your door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      And nothing of value was lost. Except for the teeth of some poor sod who got their head kicked in by rehunk88 after this news.
                      Nearly spit my drink through my nose laughing, thank you for that. xD

Comment

• I've reacted just like most of the others commenting on this thread.

I've read the title, I was like: "Oh f**k yeah!" , read the rest of the news, now more like: "Oh for f**ks sake!"

I may be a fan of the Outbreak games but unlike most Outbreak fans on this messageboard, I didn't chuck a hissy fit over it, I just dropped it and moved on. (Plus, I've accepted the fact that the Outbreak series is long dead anyway...)

As for some who are complaining about Stu's comments regarding his supposed "amusement" over the Outbreak fans suffering, just let him be. He's only speaking his mind. He's not breaking any rules now is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                          I've reacted just like most of the others commenting on this thread.

I've read the title, I was like: "Oh f**k yeah!" , read the rest of the news, now more like: "Oh for f**ks sake!"

I may be a fan of the Outbreak games but unlike most Outbreak fans on this messageboard, I didn't chuck a hissy fit over it, I just dropped it and moved on. (Plus, I've accepted the fact that the Outbreak series is long dead anyway...)

As for some who are complaining about Stu's comments regarding his supposed "amusement" over the Outbreak fans suffering, just let him be. He's only speaking his mind. He's not breaking any rules now is he?
                          Same here. Most of us had the same 'yay' and 'boo' reactions to this, but none of us cried or said we would kill the Capcom execs over this. That's the only reason I don't understand a lot of the Outbreak fan bashing. Sure I'll let Stu have his fun, I just don't understand it I guess. xD

Maybe because this is the only RE forum I've taken part in, but how did Outbreak fans get such a bad rep way back when?

Comment

• Can I just take a moment to say there was no revelling in other's suffering on my part, I just thought it was funny. There is a difference. Just because i was singled out by someone who registered just to address me doesn't change the fact that others saw similar amusement at this news also.

I thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                              Honestly, it's like you haven't thought it through.

It's a game, on a SOCIAL NETWORK. Does that not tell you enough about what type of game it'll be? Or are you really naive enough to think it's going to be a fully fledged Outbreak file 3? haha

Besides, the Degeneration game on mobiles is perfectly fine, lives within it's limitations - sort of unlike the initial Outbreak games actually!
                              I think there is too much common sense there for the Outbreak fanatics to appreciate ~ The kids just never learn, and as dull as these extreame responses are, an old man like me slightly enjoys the extream emotions of youth ~ "We LOVE this idea......oh no we dont, we now HATE it". Think much ?
                              But perhaps some cold, hard reality should set in ~ The most frequant gameplay dynamic in Outbreak 1&2 was frustration, and there is nothing new & significant that would be brought to the series with a 3rd installent, so perhaps Capcom have decided to test this tired & dated format on a very different type of stage, where it may find its perfect home?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                Can I just take a moment to say there was no revelling in other's suffering on my part, I just thought it was funny. There is a difference.
                                Thanks for clearing this up.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                I thank you
                                You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X