No announcement yet.

Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares that it's a rip off. Sure, it's tacky that the main character is a writer who's creations come to life. But I gotta have my horror fix and at least, he won't be yet another U.S. marine.

Comment

errr... it's not a rip off! What are you talking about guys?!
      Last edited by doomed; 10-21-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Who said it's a rip-off? If it's being classed as such, then so is Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

Comment

Gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-alan-wake/50061

Looks nice!

Comment

Its been a while since Ive said anything like this about any game but Alan Wake looks flawless. Literally perfect...

Comment

Looked good at the Microsoft coference...

But it's looking way too much like Alone In The Dark at the moment for me to get too excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                Looked good at the Microsoft coference...

But it's looking way too much like Alone In The Dark at the moment for me to get too excited about.
                Yes this is my only fear about Alan Wake. It looks really great and all, but bore a slight resemblance to Alone in the Dark.

So Ill wait for the reviews, but Ill probably buy it anyway since the story looks very interesting.

Comment

Well I've never played Alone in the Dark, but I'm put off by the huge amounts of combat. I know little to no other information about this game, so if people say that it's story driven then I'll trust them.

On the subject of Rainy Woods, I loled when I found out that they're completely redoing the game because the Twin Peaks/David Lynch "homages" were more like bites. I never appreciated that first trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    On the subject of Rainy Woods, I loled when I found out that they're completely redoing the game because the Twin Peaks/David Lynch "homages" were more like bites. I never appreciated that first trailer.
                    That's a year old on the subject!

Anyway, a bit sad, really, that they're redoing a lot, considering how the previous games by the same studio were totally awesome 110% homages to/rip-offs of various stuff too. (I'd almost dare to say that they were to their respective genres/sources-of-inspiration what Snatcher was to Blade Runner)

Hope the end result will still end up kicking ass, though. The old trailer and stills for Rainy Woods still has a place in my heart.
                    Last edited by Carnivol; 06-05-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Well, I suppose it is a bit of a double standard on my part.

Twin Peaks was really dear to me around the time the trailer came out. I was deep into my obsession. I would say Blade Runner isn't as important, as much as I like the film. Playing Snatcher and seeing the references made me react more like "Oh Hideo, you card!" We all go a little hypocritical sometimes.

Comment

I was interested the moment I saw the first teaser for the game, and now we actually have gameplay!!! It may be looking like Alon in the Dark (5), but thats not every thing they showed: through out the game the character seems to read parts of the book, as his book, as his story; thats awsome! really puts you into the stoy

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                          I was interested the moment I saw the first teaser for the game, and now we actually have gameplay!!! It may be looking like Alon in the Dark (5), but thats not every thing they showed: through out the game the character seems to read parts of the book, as his book, as his story; thats awsome! really puts you into the stoy
                          Yeah that's one of the things i really loved about it. It's like playing a book, he reads out his thoughts as you play through the game. Just like in a book.

Comment

This will be a really good game. I like how the game is structured, like it's a season from some TV series. The story will be revealed more and more when you complete missions and the end episodes will have different kinds of endings, like a cliffhanger ending or a bit calmer ending. And i also like that they have tied the storyline and the episodes together, but if you just walk around the city, the plot won't proceed, so you can freely investigate the place.

Comment

My game of the show for this year's E3, the atmosphere etc seemed impressive

Comment

Man, I might want to pick up an XBox or build a new computer 4 this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X