Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    -Both have titles named after the main chars who've got little puns for names
    I feel really stupid... What's the pun in the name Alan Wake? D: I know Max Payne, obviously, but... I can't figure out the pun for Alan Wake. x_X

Definitely looking forward to this, by the way. It's looking more and more like a creepy fun adventure.
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

A.Wake -> awake ;)
      Alan has problems with sleeping.

Comment

I didn't know his name was Alan Wake, i thought that was just the games title.

Like the title was saying "Alan, Wake!" Like his wife was trying to wake him from a bad dream or something.

Comment

I've found the following very interesting:

2 types of narration are used:

- one that sounds like Alan's (the game model's) inner thoughts while the player is controlling him. (02:15 here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC6C6IwqtE )

- one that sounds like Alan (the writter, possibly invinsible to us?) reading his manuscript which is detailing what is happening on screen!! (01:55 here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC6C6IwqtE )

I think that the game we play is the book Alan wrote. Like in Max Payne 1, Max had a dream where he realized he was a character in a game or in a graphic novel.

Maybe it's kind of a loop, a writer who writes a story about a writer who writes a story about a writer who writes a story, etc...

Do you notice the difference in the naration?

Comment

Footage from the recent preview to the press is out on Game trailers. Some of this is full of win if you're a fan of twin peaks or remedy in general <3

Here to watch or here for other footage; http://www.gametrailers.com/game/alan-wake/1608

Comment

Just saw a little of it to see how good it's still looking, hehe. I'm NOT going to get this game spoiled as it happened with RE5! I have a promis with my self!

Comment

Alan Wake to arrive in May
                sigpic

Comment

Alan wake Cover story via 1up, with new details and a teaser video for showing things to come in the week.

I love this image.
                  Last edited by Zombie Fred; 12-08-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I read somewhere that Redemy cancelled the pc version. Bummer.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks amazing, can't wait!!
                      Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      I read somewhere that Redemy cancelled the pc version. Bummer.
                      Well they haven't cancelled it completely as far as i know, they have just put it aside for now. I remember reading from somewhere that Remedy said that "the PC release is up to Microsoft".
                      Last edited by Mesker; 12-08-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Still looking like a sequel to Alone In The Dark, need to see something different!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                          Still looking like a sequel to Alone In The Dark, need to see something different!
                          Agreed, that's all I could think about when watching those videos. The main character even looks like the one from Alone in The Dark and it even has those "Previously On..." things.

I was happy when he said he wanted the game to have more in common with Twin Peaks & Lost! Can't wait to play it...if it actually comes out

Comment

The game has a few common things with AitD but the similarities are not intentional. For example I remember reading about the "episodic style" of the plot long before AitD was even announced, etc

I also remember reading how they tracked down the Double R dinner from the Twin Peaks series and took photographs for reference etc

As for the PC version there's this rumour: http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16431/39/

Some have suggested that the PC version was canceled, but according to our sources Remedy still has plans to finish the PC version once the Xbox 360 version is released. In addition, our sources are suggesting that the PC version will be updated to take advantage of DirectX 11 support. There is no additional word on the expected release date for the PC version, but our sources suggest that it will follow at some point later in 2010.
                            Last edited by doomed; 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Microsoft says we'll never see a PC port of Alan Wake because it's best being played from the couch!!!!

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I know it's not the true reason, they simply want to push their console, but honestly this is the explanation they give to us???

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
                                because it's best being played from the couch!!!!
                                That's a great excuse for canning the pc version. Very original.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X