No announcement yet.

Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished the game. For that length of development time that sure was a short length for the final product. It's not exactly amazing or original. The whole using light as a weapon thing has been done before (Alone In The Dark New Nightmare, Obscure), and the story is sorta generic. A lot of reviews complained about your weapons and torch being stripped away between parts of the game and that did piss me off, there are times where it makes sense but other times it feels like its just done to piss the player off. It almost feels like a bug actually, something that should be fixed with an update. It gets pretty repetitive and a little tedious towards the end, and to be honest it wasn't that scary which was a disappointment. I think that's probably because with collecting the manuscript pages it tells you whats ahead so there's no surprise, you pretty much know what you're walking into.

All that said i still enjoyed it, so much that i sold my copy and bought the limited edition for the added content (particularly the developers commentary add-on). It has flaws which i was disappointed with given how long they've had to polish it off, but its still an alright game.

Oh and Remedy released this teaser a few days ago, apparently what it's about will be revealed on Wednesday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287757ZH4oU

Comment

• Attention to all Alan Wake fans haha

I'm creating a site for Alan Wake. If anyone is interested in becoming part of staff, helping with material, etc. feel free to drop me a private message.

Comment

• FINALLY got it on Friday, and I have to say I LOVE it! The voices don't seem to match the mouth movements, but it's whatever. That doesn't really effect my play experience.

I'm currently at the part where Barry and Alan escaped Hartman's clinic and they get into the car accident, and I have to get through the woods with only a flashlight -_-

Comment

• Just finished the game I enjoyed it and would like to see more of this series however I'd rather pay full price for a sequel than to have to keep paying for Dlc. As much as I liked the game though it wasnt what I was hoping for. I am glad I rented this game, I'd probably feeel hard done by if I paid retail price as I cant see me wanting to play it again.

Comment

• Turns out the teaser was for the War music video.

Comment

• I've just finished the game, overall i pretty much enjoyed it though the fighting was too repetetive, it got boring.
              Im just on a second playthrough getting the stuff I missed, anyone know how to get the "lime in the coconut twice" achievement, it only seems to let me play the jukebox twice

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
                I've just finished the game, overall i pretty much enjoyed it though the fighting was too repetetive, it got boring.
                Im just on a second playthrough getting the stuff I missed, anyone know how to get the "lime in the coconut twice" achievement, it only seems to let me play the jukebox twice
                You mean the 'Drink 'Em Both Up' achievement. On Episode 5, when you are in the town at night, go back to the diner.

Comment

• finished the game like a week ago, now I'm playing it againe but still on normal, I'll give hard and nightmare a later runthrough.
                  I LOVED it, though it got boring going through the woods at times, the story is told like LOST, and I really liked it
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• aye thats the one, i figured it out in the end =]
                    Im just getting the last of the manuscripts on nightmare mode now and then im completely done

Comment

• Just a reminder The Signal comes out tomorrow, Kotaku got to download it early for review purposes and say it does continue the story slightly but still leaves you on a cliffhanger, and that it takes about an hour to finish. Short yes but each of the episodes in the game only took me that long so it was what i was expecting.

Oh, for those wondering what the Developers Commentary on the limited edition is like, its awful and not in the least bit insightful. The documentary videos on the bonus disc are a bit better, but kinda short.

Comment

• Playing through it, so far it's freakin' epic. I love it! (The Signal, that is).

Comment

• Now that I heard the news...DOWNLOADING...NOW!!

Comment

• Just acquired the final achievement ("Alan, Wake Up" ). Now to really evaluate all the total information gathered just before I get the Signal tomorrow. (I can wait)

Comment

• Am I the only one getting a page unavailable when I try to download this?

Comment

Working...
                              X