No announcement yet.

Alan Wake (Time to WAKE UP again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, using the "comfy couch" argument in 2010 is ridiculous. Wireless pads (or even keyboard & mouse) + tv out in graphics cards says hello dear Microsoft. Hell, I'm writing this very post sitting on my comfy couch :|.

Why couldn't they just say "hey, we just want this to be X360 exclusive; screw you guys who bough Vista for this game few years ago"?

Comment

I've been waiting for this game to come out...can't wait to play it, looks pretty worth it. And last I heard it was a 360 exclusive...still right?

Comment

Hard to believe it's been five years since it was announced and we're only getting it now. Alan Wake has become a running joke between a lot of my friends, like how Duke Nukem Forever is among gaming message boards. Crazy to think that in a few months, we'll finally have it.

And to think that I'm still just as excited now as I was five years ago. Fuck, I'm ready Remedy, give it to me.

Comment

for the sake of 5 years, it better be good...but I would piss my self if it was the worst game ever but with the best graphics lol

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
            Hard to believe it's been five years since it was announced and we're only getting it now. Alan Wake has become a running joke between a lot of my friends, like how Duke Nukem Forever is among gaming message boards. Crazy to think that in a few months, we'll finally have it.

And to think that I'm still just as excited now as I was five years ago. Fuck, I'm ready Remedy, give it to me.
            Tommorow; Alan Wake delayed a year due to technical issues. On an related story, there was a series of horrible, horrible deaths at Remedy Entertainment with 'Six Years You FUCKERS!?' carved into the chests of various team members.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Tommorow; Alan Wake delayed a year due to technical issues. On an related story, there was a series of horrible, horrible deaths at Remedy Entertainment with 'Six Years You FUCKERS!?' carved into the chests of various team members.
              and the lol of the day goes to!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                Yeah, using the "comfy couch" argument in 2010 is ridiculous. Wireless pads (or even keyboard & mouse) + tv out in graphics cards says hello dear Microsoft. Hell, I'm writing this very post sitting on my comfy couch :|.
                That's not even the point! Why would any company in the world care HOW their customers SHOULD be able to play their games?

The whole idea that "this game is MEANT to be played on the couch, it's JUST MEANT TO, sorry PC gamers but you simply won't get the same experience if you DON'T SIT ON THE COUCH, so we're scrapping the PC version" is insulting my intelligence.

Comment

Earlier in the week, Blend Games got a chance to chat with Remedy Entertainment managing director Matias Myllyrinne, writer Sam Lake, and head of franchise development Oskari Hakkinen about the compa

The same sort of rationale would then be applied to the PC version as well? You wanted to focus your attention on getting the 360 version right? What would be required for the PC version to happen?

MM: That's an interesting question. Our roots are very much in the PC development but focusing on one platform has allowed us to make the best possible game so in that respect we're very happy focusing on one platform. Right now, getting this out the door and done -

OH: And then thinking about the moves after that...

MM: Yeah. But I wouldn't - we don't have any plans for a PC version now. At least for me [gesturing at couch and television] this feels like a very good environment to play the game where you have the big screen and couch for something so cinematic and large. But that's just my personal preference.
                  FFS that's ridiculous. FU Remedy and your couch!

Comment

Having read that, this has to be said...
                    Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    That's a great excuse for canning the pc version. Very original.
                    UNLUCKY!

Though i agree, bullshit reasoning really.

Anyway, that new trailer on XBL is really good...but the ghost of Alone In The Dark still stalks this game from the shadows!

Comment

It's kinda funny how this game in many ways really seems to be what the latest Alone in the Dark game should have been

Anyway, I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I didn't care much for Alan Wake before, but lately it's been clawing its way in on my radar

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Only six? Sure you're not just looking at it from the wrong angle?

Comment

Does anyone know if Im going to have to buy a Microsoft brand couch to go with the X360 I have to get to experience the game in its fullest, or can I just use my old one?

-

Modern gaming industry = depressing.

Comment

Let's face facts here people, the couch thing came from Microsoft PR. The guy's probably being whipped right now for making the statment.

In reality, Alan Wake is a timed 360 exclusive. They just don't want to come out and say that, hoping people will pick it up on 360 instead of waiting.

Just you wait and see.
                          Last edited by randomwab; 02-14-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                            Let's face facts here people, the couch thing came from Microsoft PR. The guy's probably being whipped right now for making the statment.
                            If that was the case, then Robert Bowling would be out of his job. The real fact is that the abundance of platform fanboys will act like a cushion for anything stupid said or done.

Hes not going to be whipped, I wouldnt even be surprised if his peers believe (himself included) in what he was saying.

Comment

Microsoft needs something to pimp Games for Windows LIVE, so I guess the possibility of the PC version still being alive is high (but then again... where are the PC ports of the latest Halo titles?)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                                Microsoft needs something to pimp Games for Windows LIVE, so I guess the possibility of the PC version still being alive is high (but then again... where are the PC ports of the latest Halo titles?)
                                With the exception of gamerscore or gamerpoints or whatever the stats GFW records along with Live, theres nothing "Games for Windows" really offers to a gamer. Im still waiting for a proper title to utilize crossplatform potential (Lost Planet was one of the few small steps), maybe even use GFW/Live network to connect console multiplayer gaming with dedicated server solution through crossplatforms. This would be a huge step forward for the gaming community as a whole (initial flamewars aside, of course).

Just slapping GFW trademark on the box isnt enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X