Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    God dammit you beat me to it. But the Klassic Reptile costume has been shown.

Sweet.

Reptile was always one of my favorites until they made him more like a lizard with every entry, there's just something about the old school ninja attire that gets my proverbial juices flowing. I hope they have human smoke as well.
    Last edited by REmaster; 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Reptile's been my favorite character since the second one. His presence in MK1 is so cool though, he's this enigmatic higher-level (judging by his use of both SZ and Scorp's moves) ninja that you can only fight by meeting all of these specific requirements.

I'll hit up amazon in late January when I'm back from India. Gamestop's getting my preorder for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so I'll just go a bit easier on my wallet with this one.

Comment

• Kollectors edition and Tournament edition now have a price and can now pre-order.

Kollectors: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...0iWRFuSszSNVog

Tournament: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...0iWRFuSszSNVog

360 links

Kollectors: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...bzLiUIIswL_2tg

Tournament: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...FhiPukCx5O0RdQ

I think I'm gonna pre-order the Tournament edition.

Comment

• Ermac just got confirmed. Looking good so far.

Mortal Kombat Wiki is a site dedicated to the Mortal Kombat series. At Mortal Kombat Wiki, information will be provided about characters, locations, weapons, maps, screenshots, videos, walkthroughs, guides, fatalities, movies, and more. Mortal Kombat Wiki provides information about Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat movies, and all the Mortal Kombat games, characters, comics, and more.

Sounds like they've indeed crammed the entire cast from MK1-3 and put them in the game...and then some, because Quan CHi from MK4 has a sound byte on the official MK website someone ripped.

Well they also ripped Sindel, Shang Tsung, Goro, Kabal and Stryker.

Comment

• That fightstick looks like a waste.

The regular style of button layout like with the Street Fighter IV TE sticks suits so many fighters, buying that sets you up for pretty much any fighter that releases, be it SF 2x3, SNK 1x4, Tekken 2x2 with an extra for start, Soul Caliburs L shape, jap styles, western styles etc etc.

For anything but MK that stick is awful and likely unuseable. Why not just go with industry standard.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Great to see a lot of Reptile support in here, he's my favourite too but for the most retarded of reasons. Green is my favourite colour. However, he has actually grown on me for more than just that reason, his character's pretty decent too. Plus being able to spit acid on people is epic on a xenomorph level.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Kollectors edition and Tournament edition now have a price and can now pre-order.

Kollectors: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...0iWRFuSszSNVog

Tournament: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...0iWRFuSszSNVog

360 links

Kollectors: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...bzLiUIIswL_2tg

Tournament: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...FhiPukCx5O0RdQ

I think I'm gonna pre-order the Tournament edition.
                So am I, I was talking to my friend at gamestop earlier and he pulled up the tournament edition on the computer and was showing me all the little extras you get. Scorpion and Subzero Bookends, hell yea! I'm pretty interested to see how cool the "classic" character costumes will look as well.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                  So am I, I was talking to my friend at gamestop earlier and he pulled up the tournament edition on the computer and was showing me all the little extras you get. Scorpion and Subzero Bookends, hell yea! I'm pretty interested to see how cool the "classic" character costumes will look as well.
                  You don't get the bookends with the Tournament edition.

Comment

You don't get the bookends with the Tournament edition.
                    Was it the joystick thing and avatar costumes? I just remember him reading off all the shit for both editions and my mind was blown by the amount of items. Pre-ordered it on the spot, that bastard, he gets me to buy a new game every fucking month. I'm sure this will be worth it. Ah the days I spent in my youth spilling my weeks worth of allowance in quarters to see Johnny Cage uppercut Kano into the spiked pit.

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                      Was it the joystick thing and avatar costumes? I just remember him reading off all the shit for both editions and my mind was blown by the amount of items. Pre-ordered it on the spot, that bastard, he gets me to buy a new game every fucking month. I'm sure this will be worth it. Ah the days I spent in my youth spilling my weeks worth of allowance in quarters to see Johnny Cage uppercut Kano into the spiked pit.
                      Yeah the Tournament edition just has the fight stick and the avatars. While the Kollectors edition has the figures and the avatars. I'm getting both

Comment

Yeah the Tournament edition just has the fight stick and the avatars. While the Kollectors edition has the figures and the avatars. I'm getting both
                        Sounds good man, these next three months are gonna drain my wallet. Dead Space 2, Duke Nukem, MK, etc....damn. This holiday season got screwed out of game releases, guess MK will be a really late christmas present lol.

Does anyone else think Johnny Cage's Avatar on the roster looks like Wesker? Damn blonde hair guys wearing sunglasses, they all look the same
                        (I would have like to have seen Wesker do the splits nut shot on Chris at the end of CV lol). I guess he could do a pretty wicked shadow kick

I'm pretty excited to see Scorpion & Sub-zero kicking the shit out of each other in oldschool costumes. Full circle baby.

Last edited by REmaster; 12-17-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• The facebook page says that the games release date is April. Sounds good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            Screw Kratos. Let him stay in his own shitty games...yeah, I'm not a god of war fan.
                            ever since Soul Calibur II started doing it, its been nothing but a fad to me.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• *nods in agreement*

A character like Krato's does fit into the MK world....but not an official game.

Comment

• Buy it on Xbox then.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X