No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like him a lot. His X-Ray charges extremely fast for how weak his attacks are, his specials are varied, and his Roundhouse kick and X-Ray attack leave room for a ton of flexibility... although my favorite combo is this: 1, 2, Lightning, Roundhouse kick, 3, 3, X-Ray, Uppercut/Geyser Kick.
    Last edited by Vector; 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• So uh, yeah...this just happened.

YouTube video:

Comment

• Ewww wish they would've went with the Englund look
        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Awful.....

Really thinking that's shit tbh.
          http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
          http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
          Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• I'm not.

As a fan, the blood geyser for a fatality is a brilliant idea.

Comment

• Well, It wasn't someone the series needed...or someone any of us expected... But they did do a good job with him. I would have preferred that they had the Englund version as well.

I think we all are aware that this choice wasn't Netherrealm studios to make though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Well, It wasn't someone the series needed...or someone any of us expected... But they did do a good job with him.
                There were rumors of this before Rain was announced, although people also said Jason would join him (another character I wouldn't mind seeing). Also, Freddy Kreuger couldn't be more fitting in the MK universe, if we're talking about ultraviolent material which quickly became a parody of itself.

Comment

• So...looks like that old rumor was true. I would have much rather had an actual MK character than a guest character, but Freddy kinda looks......fun.

Comment

• So I guess the Jason rumour will be true also?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Oh look, another character with teleports.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Oh look, another character with teleports.
                        If they didn't teleport anyone smart wouldn't buy them.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                          So I guess the Jason rumour will be true also?
                          I don't think that's likely. The only reason Freddy made it is because Warner Bros. owns the Nightmare franchise.

Comment

• Where does this mentality of 'if they can't teleport, they're useless' come from? You have to be really shitty at the game to think that. If you block appropriately, teleports are more of an advantage to you than the person using them -- it leaves them completely wide open and vulnerable to a big-time combo. I love when people spam teleport, because it's predictable, and they'll either open themselves up to an attack, or turn into a ball and really give you time to fuck them up.

As for Freddy, meh. He looks decent but kind of out of place. If I was a betting man, I'd say that NRS will be coming out with four more characters this fall/winter...3 of them being from MK's past, and the 4th one being Jason Voorhees himself.
                            Last edited by Vector; 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                              I don't think that's likely. The only reason Freddy made it is because Warner Bros. owns the Nightmare franchise.
                              No, New Line (subsidiary of Warner) owns the rights to Jason Voorhees and it has since Jason Goes to Hell. Even if Paramount owns the name rights to "Friday the 13th," (which is why the remake was a joint production) there's nothing stopping NRS from putting Jason in there.

I still haven't the slightest clue how Freddy and/or Jason can be considered "out of place" in Mortal Kombat's aesthetic. Surely they're just as, if not more fitting than Kratos.
                              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• New Fredyd Krueger....likes his babalities.

Comment

Working...
                                X