No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat almost hits 3 million in sales.

Pretty impressive. I can definitely see a sequel on the horizon.

Comment

• The story mode ending didn't clue you into that already?

Comment

• Regardless of the ending there hasn't been any official statement from WB or Boon that there will be a sequel. Until then I'm just looking at the positive signs okay.

Comment

• The game sold well, there's a solid fanbase, I don't see why not
          "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• There will be another one. With the story left open, 3 million copies sold and the great reviews it has gotten, without a doubt there will be a MKX. I expect it wont be until about 2013 or so til we get it but with the MKAK coming out (at some point) and all the games that are coming out this year and the years to come, time will fly and it'll be here before you know it.

Comment

• Maybe they learn balance and how to make a decent online system by then.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                Maybe they learn balance and how to make a decent online system by then.
                The character balance doesn't need much work. Teleports don't make a character unstoppable (if that's what your getting at). If your not good at timing your blocks, then that's your problem. If characters like Smoke, Raiden, Ermac, and Scorpion didn't have their signature moves, the game would suck big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                  The character balance doesn't need much work. Teleports don't make a character unstoppable (if that's what your getting at). If your not good at timing your blocks, then that's your problem. If characters like Smoke, Raiden, Ermac, and Scorpion didn't have their signature moves, the game would suck big time.
                  Teleports are far from the end of balance problems, they just make it even worse. Some characters just have too many options while others barely any. Your last sentance just highlights the fact that MK balance has always been utter crap.

I posted a Scorpion vs Sonya example already, but here it is again.

Sonya vs Scorpion, the Scorpion want to turtle.

Sonya Options:

Just wait and turtle back to let him attack - He'll do unblockable flame feet move.
                  Projectile - He'll counter with teleport and hit you in the back.
                  Jump forward of any kind - Get over here!
                  Walk/Dash forward - Get over here!, or flame feet at dash exit, or he'll edge backwards as you try edge forward and then just teleport to other side of the screen when you get near finally and he reach stage edge, back to square one.
                  Jumping kick special to clear entire screen to him - Blocked/countered or he just teleports and back to square one.
                  Any other special - Get over here!

Unless the Scorpion messes up timing which isn't strict to do any of the above the Sonya should never really touch him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    Teleports are far from the end of balance problems, they just make it even worse. Some characters just have too many options while others barely any. Your last sentance just highlights the fact that MK balance has always been utter crap.

I posted a Scorpion vs Sonya example already, but here it is again.

Sonya vs Scorpion, the Scorpion want to turtle.

Sonya Options:

Just wait and turtle back to let him attack - He'll do unblockable flame feet move.
                    Projectile - He'll counter with teleport and hit you in the back.
                    Jump forward of any kind - Get over here!
                    Walk/Dash forward - Get over here!, or flame feet at dash exit, or he'll edge backwards as you try edge forward and then just teleport to other side of the screen when you get near finally and he reach stage edge, back to square one.
                    Jumping kick special to clear entire screen to him - Blocked/countered or he just teleports and back to square one.
                    Any other special - Get over here!

Unless the Scorpion messes up timing which isn't strict to do any of the above the Sonya should never really touch him.
                    Like I said, you need to work on timing your blocks and choosing appropriate moves at the right time. I've faced people online who spam Scorpions moves, and I have no problem jumping towards them and being able to block a teleport punch or spear, which gives you free hits. Your problem seems to be more with online spammers than the actual game itself. Every fighting game that has some kind of projectile moves will have spammers.

Ed Boon talks about MK sequel
                    “We’re going to at least have a conversation about a sequel, but we certainly haven’t started or planned out anything,” offers Boon. “I would love to see another one come out in the not-too-distant future. At the same time, I personally wouldn’t want to release one really fast — like next year — because I think you can oversaturate [the market], especially having released a game that’s doing exceptionally well. I would really want to give it time to breathe.”
                    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-23-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• People have always spammed teleports and shit in MK, just like people have spammed fireballs in Street Fighter, and move sets in Tekken.

Its sad that the only thing you can really do is 'get used to it' and try to be creative when it happens, but that's just how it is.

Spammers and fighting games just go hand in hand :/

Comment

• Not sure if it's old news but MK Arcade Kollection comes out next week
                        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                          Not sure if it's old news but MK Arcade Kollection comes out next week
                          It's not old news, at least for me, the official MK Facebook page confirmed today that the Kollection will be released the 31st of August.

EDIT:

Price for XBLA is 800 Microsoft Points. That's insanely cheap for 3 great games.
                          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-23-2011, 06:27 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• 2 great games and UMK3. :/

Comment

• UMK3 is a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                                Like I said, you need to work on timing your blocks and choosing appropriate moves at the right time. I've faced people online who spam Scorpions moves, and I have no problem jumping towards them and being able to block a teleport punch or spear, which gives you free hits. Your problem seems to be more with online spammers than the actual game itself. Every fighting game that has some kind of projectile moves will have spammers.
                                It is like you didn't even read the example, no spamming from Scorpion, all countering attacks or movements, except for the unblockable move. Sonya has no options against Scorpion at all and relies on the Scorpion just failing a move input or having really bad reactions, but that is nothing to do with balance, any good player would nail inputs near always. There is no balance to the fight at all, is completely one sided.
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 08-23-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X