Mortal Kombat (Reboot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I did mention that I don't play these things partially for that reason (and the characters I like to play are always in the 'Just No' Tier).
    Have you tried Blazblue or SSFIV?
    sigpic

Comment

• Nope. Are they somewhat more balanced?

Comment

• BB is a really refreshing game, very balanced.

In fact, the second title, Continuum Shift, has an update called Continuum Shift II that completely rebalances the game because people were complaining online about certain characters. For free. That's how much they care.
        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 08-25-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
          It was one example, I'm not gonna to write up every single match-up in the game. I already said it was one single example but like previous posts it seems to be ignored, your tactic suggested was already covered in the example.
          Exactly, it was one example and you claim the whole game to be horribly unbalanced. Each character has a different ability....of course some will have advantages over others. It doesn't mean some characters are more powerful than others, nor does it make the game unbalanced. That's how the series has always been. The game even has a 2 on 2 versus to mix up the matches.

I really don't know what to say anymore. To me, it just seems that you don't like the series as a whole, which is fine. I hardly see any complaints about MK(2011) anywhere. For being such a "unbalanced game" it sure had a huge crowd at EVO. If that much people enjoy the game......I mean, it really must not be as unbalanced as you claim it to be, otherwise it wouldn't have such a big fanbase. If you don't like the game than just don't play it, you don't have to keep bragging about how bad it is.
          Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-25-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• ^ Now that's not the best example. Everyone loves MvC2 and that's considered the most unbalanced fighter ever made...

Comment

• I wouldn't know about that, since I never really played that game a lot, but KylieDog is just making it seem like MK is a completely unfair fighting game, which it's not. I've seen some players online who use characters that can't teleport like Liu Kang and Johnny Cage and they have pretty amazing skill.

If you don't have any tactic you shouldn't be expecting to win lots of matches online, especially against spammers.

Comment

• Howard Johnson is right!

Comment

• Never mind that shit - here comes Mongo!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Candy Gram for Mongo!

Comment

• The MKast - MK Arcade Kollection

YouTube video:

Comment

• Finally downloaded every DLC character and I must say, Kenshi and Freddy are my favorites. Kenshi has a ton of options in terms of specials for mixing it up against your opponents, and I've yet to try out some combos with him. Freddy is damn user friendly, his combos are accessible. I haven't even tried out Rain and I like what I see from him, and Skarlet I've played as before, I like her.

Comment

• So I bought the MK:AK last night and I've been playing the hell out of it. So I figured I'll do a little review for it

MK1. Its fun but the AI is not that great (obviously). A bit on the slow side as well, especially compared to MK2 and UMK3. Still fun though.

MK2. I like MK2 but I'm still burnt out on it considering that I played the hell out of it a month prior to MK9 being released. Its exactly the same as the MK2 release on PSN a few years ago minus the loud fucking main menu.

UMK3. My favorite of the bunch. You have to unlock Classic Sub-Zero, Mileena and Ermac (Rain and Noob are absent on this version) by entering the Kombat Kodes when you lose the match or when you beat the ladder. Some of the combos do seem a bit laggy-er than usual. I used to be able to do a 50% combo with Smoke in MK3 ending with a combo thats square, square, circle, triangle, X and for some reason it stops when I press circle. Though the 3 button combos work. Some of the sounds are different and Scorpions "get over here" is cut to "get" because of an error.

The ladders on MK2 and UMK3 are very very hard (fuck you jade in UMK3!) due to the fact that these are ARCADE ports, which means they are meant to kick your ass and take quarters.

The online is fucking horrible. Laggy as all hell. I've played a few matches and they were all really really laggy. No disconnects though (yet).

There are difficulty changes (easy - Very Hard) and filter changes (Klassic, Painted 1, Painted 2, Smooth and Arcade. I don't see a difference in Painted 1 and 2). and there is a display setting as well.

The Arcade setting is my favorite. The game looks like an actual screen from a arcade, the screen has this round look to it and it has these really small black lines going through it (you can turn this off obviously).

Notice the roundish look to it and the small black lines. Pretty cool feature imo.

To me, its worth the $10. Hopefully they'll patch the online because I'd love to play a fluid online match in UMK3.
                          Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Ah the black lines of the arcade, sweet sweet memories. I remember putting so much time into MK2 back in the day...and hating MK3 so much. I really hated the bland look MK3 had, as well as the boring color palate for the backgrounds and characters.

MK2's backgrounds and characters had a much more lush look to them but not in MK3...and then there's MK3/UMK3's fatalities...ouch. I applaud them for trying something different and the lighter tone they had...but no.
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-01-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Loving the Kollection. MK1 was a bitch on easy to beat, endurance rounds and cheap-ass fireball spewing Shang Tsung. But that's oldschool, and I love it!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                                So I bought the MK:AK last night and I've been playing the hell out of it. So I figured I'll do a little review for it

MK1. Its fun but the AI is not that great (obviously). A bit on the slow side as well, especially compared to MK2 and UMK3. Still fun though.

MK2. I like MK2 but I'm still burnt out on it considering that I played the hell out of it a month prior to MK9 being released. Its exactly the same as the MK2 release on PSN a few years ago minus the loud fucking main menu.

UMK3. My favorite of the bunch. You have to unlock Classic Sub-Zero, Mileena and Ermac (Rain and Noob are absent on this version) by entering the Kombat Kodes when you lose the match or when you beat the ladder. Some of the combos do seem a bit laggy-er than usual. I used to be able to do a 50% combo with Smoke in MK3 ending with a combo thats square, square, circle, triangle, X and for some reason it stops when I press circle. Though the 3 button combos work. Some of the sounds are different and Scorpions "get over here" is cut to "get" because of an error.

The ladders on MK2 and UMK3 are very very hard (fuck you jade in UMK3!) due to the fact that these are ARCADE ports, which means they are meant to kick your ass and take quarters.

The online is fucking horrible. Laggy as all hell. I've played a few matches and they were all really really laggy. No disconnects though (yet).

There are difficulty changes (easy - Very Hard) and filter changes (Klassic, Painted 1, Painted 2, Smooth and Arcade. I don't see a difference in Painted 1 and 2). and there is a display setting as well.

The Arcade setting is my favorite. The game looks like an actual screen from a arcade, the screen has this round look to it and it has these really small black lines going through it (you can turn this off obviously).

Notice the roundish look to it and the small black lines. Pretty cool feature imo.

To me, its worth the $10. Hopefully they'll patch the online because I'd love to play a fluid online match in UMK3.
                                I think there is a way to use Noob Saibot with a combination of buttons, just as how you can use Human Smoke when holding (High Kick+High Punch+Block+Run+Left) with smoke at the beginning of the match.

I'll look into it...

Comment

Working...
                                X