No announcement yet.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG NEWS FROM KOTAKU: While the game's full trailer will most likely debut this Saturday at the Video Game Awards on Spike, Naughty Dog reps will be on hand to play a LIVE DEMO of the game on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this Monday night, December 13th. http://kotaku.com/5710332/first-live...wide-next-week. I'm beginning to think this game is much closer than we'd all imagine.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    Anyone else immediately think Rick O'Connell when they saw Nate's new outfit?
    Not at first, but now that you mention it...absolutely.
    Spoiler:

In fact, I'd say it's highly possible that we see mummies in this game.

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
    well good luck getting me to say it again for the millionth time. may not have been on here, but its been else where.
    Hahahah. Fantastic. It's been a couple months since we've seen 'The Lucero Defense.' Thanks for reminding me why I never take anything you say seriously.
    Last edited by Vector; 12-09-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      As for the PS3, 2011's exclusive lineup is absolutely unreal. Uncharted 3 adds to an already stellar AAA collection.
      - Uncharted 3
      - LittleBigPlanet 2
      - Killzone 3
      - Resistance 3
      - The Last Guardian
      - inFamous 2
      - Twisted Metal
      - SOCOM 4
      - ICO/Shadow of The Colossus Collection
      - Motorstorm Apocalypse
      - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
      - New Ape Escape
      - Sorcery (PS Move)
      - AGENT (probably not)
      - Maybe one of the biggest titles but 2011 is a long-shot...Final Fantasy Versus XIII
      I'm laughing. Feels like the other year when i was excited for some of the games Sony had lined up. Resistance, Uncharted, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Socom, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Motostorm Pacific Rift.

What a big dolop of shite most of those turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
        well good luck getting me to say it again for the millionth time. may not have been on here, but its been else where.
        Because everyone on this site posts at every single site you do and are already privy to the posts you made on said sites, and those rare few that aren't are completely willing to scour the internet in order to find them. Bravo logic fail but +10 to being a lazy, egotisical putz.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Anyone else immediately think Rick O'Connell when they saw Nate's new outfit?
        Definitely a resemblance.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          I'm laughing. Feels like the other year when i was excited for some of the games Sony had lined up. Resistance, Uncharted, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Socom, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Motostorm Pacific Rift.

What a big dolop of shite most of those turned out to be.
          Eh, in your opinion, I guess. I found the majority of those games to be enjoyable.

Comment

BIG NEWS FROM KOTAKU: While the game's full trailer will most likely debut this Saturday at the Video Game Awards on Spike, Naughty Dog reps will be on hand to play a LIVE DEMO of the game on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this Monday night, December 13th. http://kotaku.com/5710332/first-live...wide-next-week. I'm beginning to think this game is much closer than we'd all imagine.

Not at first, but now that you mention it...absolutely.
            Spoiler:

In fact, I'd say it's highly possible that we see mummies in this game.

Hahahah. Fantastic. It's been a couple months since we've seen 'The Lucero Defense.' Thanks for reminding me why I never take anything you say seriously.
            then don't. cause i didn't realize every blockbuster title has to be liked equally by everyone.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Among Thieves is gonna be extremely tough to follow up on because that game was nearly perfect, but I have nothing but faith in Naughty Dog. If any developer out there knows how to max out the PS3's tech, it's them. You know you can expect awesome third-person gameplay, BEAUTIFUL environments and some of the best voice-acting performances in the business.

Uncharted is definitely my favorite of the 'current-gen' new IP's and I get tingly feelings in my pants when I think about Drake and Sully back in action again. Elena will be involved again of course, and you'd have to think that Chloe will be back also. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy shit Drake gets himself involved in this time.

As for the PS3, 2011's exclusive lineup is absolutely unreal. Uncharted 3 adds to an already stellar AAA collection.
              - Uncharted 3
              - LittleBigPlanet 2
              - Killzone 3
              - Resistance 3
              - The Last Guardian
              - inFamous 2
              - Twisted Metal
              - SOCOM 4
              - ICO/Shadow of The Colossus Collection
              - Motorstorm Apocalypse
              - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
              - New Ape Escape
              - Sorcery (PS Move)
              - AGENT (probably not)
              - Maybe one of the biggest titles but 2011 is a long-shot...Final Fantasy Versus XIII
              Dont forget Dead Space 2. This sure is great news. I here theres a novel and a film coming out to. The film sounds awful though. This is definatley going to be a midnight launch for me.

Comment

Eh, in your opinion, I guess. I found the majority of those games to be enjoyable.
                Just found them all to be really flat with probably a couple of exceptions, probably Killzone and Uncharted.

I'll certainly not be getting excited about Resistance 3, SOCOM does look ok, so did Infamous as of the last video i saw for it!

Big laughs at anyone not being impressed with Uncharted 2 though, particularly when they back it up essentially with "My opinion is somewhere on the internet"

Uncharted 3 is a shoe in for game of the year, no question.

FUCK. This has me wanting to take in a bit of Uncharted 2 again now.

Comment

Definitely getting this one second hand. After the uc2 multiplayer cock up I don't want to support these developers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    Definitely getting this one second hand. After the uc2 multiplayer cock up I don't want to support these developers.

You know, just reading that comment reminded me of still how much bitter I am about it. UC2 Multiplayer was f'n godly Maybe this would be a good way to protest??? (Not that it would matter to ND or anyone really, but, as I like to say, people vote with there wallet, whether they like to acknowledge that or not)

I rarely spend 60 bucks on a game that doesn't pack some hell serious replay value. I think even after a year, I"ve only played the single player in a once 12 hour sit there. Oh, I'm sure I'll defintely play UC2 (as well as UC1) single-player modes again. . .but I'm still sore about the multiplayer fuck-up too.

Never forget. Never forgive.

(Unless they fix it, or seperate it into two different modes of play)
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I played Uncharted 2 online after the latest patch and I don't see what the big deal is. The difference is noticeable but not nearly as gamebreakingly Earth-shatteringly evil as you guys make it out to be. All I want out of the next online iteration is for better servers. Among Thieves is one of the laggiest games I've ever played. I'll never forget the blinking grenades floating in mid-air.

Comment

Sorry, but I played Uncharted 2 online after the latest patch and I don't see what the big deal is. The difference is noticeable but not nearly as gamebreakingly Earth-shatteringly evil as you guys make it out to be.
                        I'm in this corner also.

Comment

^ Same here. And I never play online, because UC2 is, at the core, a single-player experience. Not to say I haven't played online, but it never really held a ton of interest to me, mainly because, again, UC to me is more single-player.

Hence why I'm buying this day one. Online's just extra for this series, it should not be the main purpose for buying (or not buying) UC3. Ever.
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 12-09-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

It's more the fact they ignored the majority of their community and implemented 1.05. They've since made changes, making the game more like 1.04, but I don't trust them to handle it well. The fact that they were making the game more like 1.04 (last i played, v1.06) but not just reverting all the controversial changes really left me with a bad taste. Second hand games let me have my cake and eat it - enjoy the game legitimately while not supporting the devs. The only catch is dlc, and I still refuse to buy the uc2 dlc to this day. It's really the only method of recourse consumers have.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I played Uncharted 2 online after the latest patch and I don't see what the big deal is. The difference is noticeable but not nearly as gamebreakingly Earth-shatteringly evil as you guys make it out to be. All I want out of the next online iteration is for better servers. Among Thieves is one of the laggiest games I've ever played. I'll never forget the blinking grenades floating in mid-air.
                              Well, not to sound rude, but I don't think you really played it as much as I did or a few others I know Trust me, that lowered health patch killed the mutiplayer, taking away the fact it rewarded an aggressive playing style, reducing it to nothing more than camping to be successful. That just sucked all the fun out of it for me. I had been playing since the beta, eating up the mutiplayer, but that change single-handlely ruined the game for me.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                              ^ Same here. And I never play online, because UC2 is, at the core, a single-player experience. Not to say I haven't played online, but it never really held a ton of interest to me, mainly because, again, UC to me is more single-player.

Hence why I'm buying this day one. Online's just extra for this series, it should not be the main purpose for buying (or not buying) UC3. Ever.
                              "NO! YOU'RE WRONG!" as a certain RE character once said. Although, I actually agree with the sentiment intellectually. But personally, the mutiplayer was the real reason I loved UC2 so much. I had preordered the game based on word-of-mouth from a friend(along with picking up the original from gamestop). The mutiplayer beta included with the pre-order was what blew me away, and the reason it took me about 3 weeks to finish Drake's Fortunate--simply because the beta ate up so much of my gaming time. To me, before the patch, the multiplayer was just as on par with the single player as far as reason to play and own. Now? Of course the single-player is the main reason to buy UC2, because they gimped the hell out of the multiplayer.

I would probably still buy UC3 just for the single player, but I honestly don't connect with Drake or the story in general like say Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil(RE not exactly being a good example to compare to UC, granted), Max Payne, Heavy Rain. Not that the story and characters aren't fun or likable. I mean, who doesn't like Nathan Drake? But deep charactization or story you will not find, which, is kind of hard to criticize it for, since that's not what Naughty Dog has ever went for with Uncharted(which there is nothing wrong with, since they're execution in UC2 was about as flawless as game design can get). It's more my personal prerogative and taste I guess. The older i get, the more I find stuff like that matters to me more--unless of course your game is titled Re4.

Of course, in a year, I could feel completely different about it, say to hell with it, and snag a copy when it comes out like everyone else. Who knows--just depends on my mood and what I have to play at that time. Considering Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is king of my mutiplayer crown these days--and Socom 4 is just around the corner. A great single player experience just might be worth the full purchase around that time.

We'll see.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                                Well, not to sound rude, but I don't think you really played it as much as I did or a few others I know Trust me, that lowered health patch killed the mutiplayer, taking away the fact it rewarded an aggressive playing style, reducing it to nothing more than camping to be successful. That just sucked all the fun out of it for me. I had been playing since the beta, eating up the mutiplayer, but that change single-handlely ruined the game for me.
                                I played it enough to notice that there was a difference in the amount of health you had(or that the weapons were more powerful), and it was different but not THAT game-changing. If it took away from people charging into spawn-points and running out in the open to inspire more tactical play and utilize the cover system better, then that's not a bad thing. It's lame that they changed something like that so far into the game's lifespan, but if you enjoy the game enough, you adjust to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X