No announcement yet.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played UC2 multiplayer quite frequently again during the early summer. Being that my "style" for any sort of shooter is an aggressive (read: impatient) one, I still had a lot of fun. When the time came to cover during a close shootout, I was able to and I used that and other things such as blindfire to my advantage. If the updated patch is any indicator, the developers listened to the fans. I'm sure UC3 multiplayer will have upped health from the get-go.

Comment

These games are incredible in so many ways. I'm really looking forward to this!

Comment

Get to know this man and his Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the health change patch either, a lot more camping and encouraged more people to just farm K/D in objective matches. Especially made worse with all the situational awareness noobs, combine that with camping and it is just stupid, pre-patch camping with it wouldn't always mean a kill since you could get away if react in time. I was great with the AK too since you really needed aim well with it originally, you barely need stay on target anymore.

I also find the pistol pop-pop-melee kills retarded.

Like someone said above I bought Uncharted 2 for the multiplayer, otherwise I would have rented it or wait until it hit bargain bin prices.

I still played a fair amount post patch but I didn't enjoy it as much and eventually stopped playing.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I never had any problems with Uncharted 2 online. I replayed the game at least 10 times, doing it on all the difficulty levels and getting the platinum. Then I just went through it a few more times for the hell of it. If you dont appricate this game for how good it is then I'm afraid you have rubbish taste in gaming. You cant ask for much more in a game. Epic story, characters, music, melee, shooting, online, good replay value. This game should be in everyones top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
              I never had any problems with Uncharted 2 online. I replayed the game at least 10 times, doing it on all the difficulty levels and getting the platinum. Then I just went through it a few more times for the hell of it. If you dont appricate this game for how good it is then I'm afraid you have rubbish taste in gaming. You cant ask for much more in a game. Epic story, characters, music, melee, shooting, online, good replay value. This game should be in everyones top 5.
              no, they shouldn't. considering that every body has different tastes in games and genres and they'll choose what to like. my favorite game of all time is Zelda: Ocarina of Time and one my favorite Mario games ever is Super Mario Galaxy. i know people who dislike one or the other, or both. does that make them wrong, or have bad taste because it differs from mine? because if everyone liked the same thing, then everyone might as well just be a mindless zombie with no freedom of choice or individuality.
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Yawn. No one's saying differently, all they wanted was a reason why you thought Uncharted 2 didn't deliver. That it was what messageboards are for after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  no, they shouldn't. considering that every body has different tastes in games and genres and they'll choose what to like. my favorite game of all time is Zelda: Ocarina of Time and one my favorite Mario games ever is Super Mario Galaxy. i know people who dislike one or the other, or both. does that make them wrong, or have bad taste because it differs from mine? because if everyone liked the same thing, then everyone might as well just be a mindless zombie with no freedom of choice or individuality.

Yeah well Im just saying I see no reason why this shouldnt be in everyones top 5. Please feel free to prove me wrong. Tell me why this shouldnt be in everyones top 5. Instead of saying people have different tastes.

Comment

Yeah well Im just saying I see no reason why this shouldnt be in everyones top 5. Please feel free to prove me wrong. Tell me why this shouldnt be in everyones top 5. Instead of saying people have different tastes.
                    That is the reason why it shouldn't be in everyone's top 5. Everyone does have different tastes. Although I appreciate Uncharted 2 for the reasons people place it in their top 5, I've never felt the urge to replay it once and didn't enjoy it half as much as some other games. I found the story quite boring. By the end, I found that I'd much preferred Uncharted 1 and even that isn't in my top 5. Uncharted had a really cool twist at the end and had a sense of exploration and mystery and I loved the jungle environments. Uncharted 2 just seemed to be chasing some terrorist guy for a stone, and although there was a twist, it just sorta felt "bleh". The only time I really wanted to know what was going to happen was wondering whether a main character was going to die or not at the end. It didn't have much Sully either.

All in all, I preferred Uncharted and although I can appreciate why people do really enjoy the game, Uncharted 2 to me was just a "very good game" but one that I've never had an urge to go back to. I struggled to find the fun factor in it.

Comment

because there are hundreds beyond hundreds of games in the past that gamers could easily prefer because of their intention to have "grown up" on such games.
                      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

let's see then. first few chapters started the game off really well but once it hit the broken city area, it just went downhill for me. i got tired of gun fighting in and around the buildings and there was hardly any exploration at that point. and then game started to pick up once the train scenario appeared - probably my favorite part about the game e when you rode the train itself and moving up each car while the scenario kept changing from the green life, to the tunnel, and then leading out into the snow area. a great translation that was.

and then it got tiring once again. while the chase of the tank was cool, the gun fight was getting tiring once more. pretty much after that was a rinse and repeat feeling. there's so much gunfight in this game that i just felt disappointed by how much less exploring was i doing, not even exploring just something in a weird location like a German submarine in the first game. there's no melee fighting, which could have balanced it out a little better as well as more use of unarmed combat, and a little more use on stealth would have been nice. in other words, there is just too much gunplay. and Sully could have had more time in the game, and some of the characters could have been less predictable on who was either a good or bad guy. i'll take Uncharted 1 over it, unless the 3rd game can offer something much more, aside from graphics and story, than guns blazing and explosions.

Comment

*walks in*
                          Jesus, this is still going on?
                          *walks out*

Comment

I never played Uncharted 2 online so I can't have an opinion on it. The single player however was very well put together, a lot of spectacular setpieces and gun battles. Also, Lazarevic is going to be a difficult antagonist to top. He was a decent villain with great screen presence.

"Are you familar with history, Mr. Drake?"
                            See you in hell.

Comment

There are a hundred and one reasons for why someone might dislike the game, ranging from disliking the style to hating the story. Different strokes, different folks.

Mine is Reason 64 - I can't play it. Seriously, at all. For some reason I can't even beat the demo. I dunno why I'm so bad at it, but I know it's do with me. Others can play it fine, after all. Still, it does mean it's not taking Valkyria Chronicles or Heavy Rain out the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                                let's see then. first few chapters started the game off really well but once it hit the broken city area, it just went downhill for me. i got tired of gun fighting in and around the buildings and there was hardly any exploration at that point. and then game started to pick up once the train scenario appeared - probably my favorite part about the game
                                Because the train part had exploration?
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X