No announcement yet.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People buy Uncharted for the multiplayer? Huh. That's almost like buying Call of Duty for the campaign.

Sure, it might be cool, but that's not the focus of the game's strengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      People buy Uncharted for the multiplayer? Huh. That's almost like buying Call of Duty for the campaign.

Sure, it might be cool, but that's not the focus of the game's strengths.
      Hm. I think we've had this discussion before in this very thread, if I'm not mistaken. Differing opinions obviously based on what we took away from the first two games themselves. Which, looking at the single-player aspects of the first two--good, fun roller coaster rides with an entertaining story, but honestly, I've never felt compelled to play either of the campaigns after beating them the first time, and that hardly screams for me to pick up the 3rd one for the full price of sixty bucks. The thing that made UC2 absolutely worth the full-price admission WAS the multi-player component. Completely underrated compared to the "big boys" of multi. The modes and gameplay might have been a bit leaner and simpler, but boy was it absolutely a barrel of pure gamin' FUN.

I don't think you really got to enjoy it like the rest of us in our little rag tag group back in the day because of your school's shitty internet connection at the time(or whatever the issue was), but seriously, Uncharted 2 was my "Socom II" in a way. Best multiplayer(shooter I guess, I really, really LOVE MvC3 atm) I ever played----until they nerfed the health. That pretty much killed it for me. Which is why that statement about the health being similar to the single player strikes me as a bit hopeful that maybe they've finally learned that they made a pretty big mistake there, listening to all the people who were whining because they just simply sucked at the game.

But, we shall see I guess when more, actual info comes out. Should be interesting, none the less.

EDIT**But I would like to add that, I do understand your point. It's just a matter of preference really in what a person's looking to get out of the brand. Kinda like the Pre-RE4 fans and the Post-RE4 fans split in the RE fanbase. Though the majority certainly seem to care about the single-player experience, given the TON of awards the second game one. Which I can understand completely.
      Last edited by valentinesdead?; 04-03-2011, 05:30 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• I love the multiplayer I still play it today
        "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• First screenshots confirming Elena(not that it was necessary, haha).

Is it me, or do the character models this time seem quite a bit smoother? There seems to me more subtle differences in fleshtone and hair color for the characters than before? Not to mention, Sully looks a little bit more aged now.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
            First screenshots confirming Elena(not that it was necessary, haha).

Is it me, or do the character models this time seem quite a bit smoother? There seems to me more subtle differences in fleshtone and hair color for the characters than before? Not to mention, Sully looks a little bit more aged now.
            @0:55:55
            Here's where that shot is from.

Comment

• This will no doubt be my third buy-on-release game for the PS3 (the other two being RE5 & Arkham Asylum). Can not wait.

Comment

• I believe that picture was fan-made that's what Naughty Dog's Facebook said, they thought it was good though, plus I doubt Elena would be wearing the same exact thing if it were a real screen

BTW starting now on U2 and carrying over to U3 I made a clan called Team BRING IT! [TBI!] if anyone would like to join lemme know
                Last edited by Jill4EverSTARS; 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM.
                "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Issue 57 of the Official Playstation Magazine has an exclusive look at Uncharted 3, as well as a chat with the developers, which brings to light a bunch of new information regarding story, characters, and sand. Endless, endless sand. The magazine should be available in stores now.

- Drake spends most of his time exploring the Arabian dunes of Rub' al Khali.

- The game features "all the things you'd expect in a desert" - including sandstorms and mirages.

- The sand creates a 'dynamic environment' for Drake, with altering geography.

"We've done a ton of research...The way sand blows over and curls over the tops of dunes, the way it displaces and flows - it's almost a liquid" - Amy Hennig, Creative Director

- Drake and Sullivan are in the Empty Quarter, looking for the Iram Of The Pillars, a kind of Arabian Atlantis.

- Not all locations are dry and arid; you'll be taken all over the world to places like London and a jungle temple.

- The story is based around Lawrence Of Arabia, and his fascination with Iram Of The Pillars.

- Bike sections are all but confirmed. There's a newspaper cutout in the teaser trailer that mentions motorcycles, and Naughty Dog says "We have a strong tradition of vehicular gameplay, and we try not to repeat ourselves".

- The story to the game is still being written and altered, but villain Katherine Marlowe is part of an secret order that dates back to Queen Elizabeth I.

- Drake's Deception will most likely not be his last outing; "The Uncharted franchise was never conceived as a trilogy"

- "Of course, there are recurring characters from previous games" - I guess that's Elena confirmed, then?

- There's a new melee system, with features like Drake picking up a bottle from a table and smashing it over an enemy's head. There are also new stealth moves and mechanics.

- "We'll be sure to alert everyone if a public beta is in the works this time around".

Comment

• I'll repeat myself, but GOTY 2011

any new screenshots in the article?

edit: here are the scans http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3161
                    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 04-09-2011, 02:20 PM.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• new trailer? I hope so
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• New Info
                        -Marlowe is much more cerebral type of villain compare to previous villain, having a psychologically manipulative ‘character’ that not only had the muscle to back up her goals, but has that ability to lay your psyche bare.

-Marlowe is very different sort of enemy for Drake and much more interesting antagonist compare to the previous villain.

-Marlowe believes the ring on Drake’s neck is the key to an ancient mystery.

-Drake can rip guns from enemies’ hands.

-Drake will have different ways to approaching an enemy.

-Drake will visiting some familiar places.

-Naughty Dog working hard on many things to archive one goal 'to create a hero with humanity'.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Lazarevic wasn't interesting? Sorry, but he'll always be the greatest threat that Drake has ever faced. He didn't have to hide behind his goons, he was more than capable of taking care of everything himself.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            Lazarevic wasn't interesting? Sorry, but he'll always be the greatest threat that Drake has ever faced. He didn't have to hide behind his goons, he was more than capable of taking care of everything himself.
                            Same here. Lazarevic was awesome, but at the same time I think it's fair to give Marlowe a fair chance
                            Spoiler:

Comment

• Multiplayer Interview

Details

Looking to bring "Cinematic Experience" to MP
                              Player/weapon customization
                              Split Screen
                              MP Beta begins 7-5-11
                              Free For All
                              2v2v2 Deathmatch
                              Sprint
                              sigpic

Comment

• multiplayer debut trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mu...arted-3/712965
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X