recently seen TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
    So, that Game of Thrones episode last night...I don't think I've felt so gutted when watching a TV show since Jack Bauer was forced to kill Curtis Manning on 24, seconds before a nuke went off in southern California. What an incredible show. Next week's finale should be something else.
    I do not know what to say... I am speechless. That certainly turned my mood upside down. This is just shocking.

More reason to keep watching this show, and checking the books. So many things we can learn from this story.
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Currently watching the new series of Luther on BBC One.

See you in hell.

Comment

• So I've been watching the entirety of Buffy the Vampire slayer this summer.

Right now I'm almost done with the final season. I've really liked this show. It had its slow moments (most of season 4), but I definitely recommend it to fans of horror, monster, or just serialized fiction.
        Last edited by BLSR1; 06-15-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• I've been watching a lot of the newer Futurama episodes. I think they're better than the older ones and they are for sure better than the Simpsons.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            I've been watching a lot of the newer Futurama episodes. I think they're better than the older ones and they are for sure better than the Simpsons.
            Yeah, the Simpsons has been shit for what, 10 years now? Shame, it's pretty much one of my main inspirations for humor.

Comment

• Although the simpsons has had a noticeable drop in quality, it is still waaaay better than the abomination that Family Guy has become.

Comment

• Well, I finally caught up on A Game of Thrones. Gotta say episodes 8 and 9 were the strongest batch so far--not just because the story's heading into it's several climaxes, but rather it's found the right "mix" of things--kinda hard to describe I guess. Things felt more scattered in the earlier episodes, less connected(though that's probably the fault of the narrative itself). Episode 8 in particular was interesting to watch as it was actually written by the author himself, George R. R. Martin. Nevertheless, there's a couple small nitpicks I could mention, but in the grand scheme of things, this show is in a very good position, and hopefully it'll continue to carry the momentum going into A Clash of Kings.

Trust me guys, if you think episode 9 was a gut wrench-er and a shocker. . .you ain't seen nothing yet. A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords are going to kick your ass in ever so many sweet ways(especially A Storm of Swords). Stay tuned. And yes, I've said this a million times already, but read the books. Seriously. They're totally awesome.

EDIT***I especially liked how Dany/Khal Drogo segments in the last couple of episodes have been handled. I had to laugh at Tyrion getting knocked out right before the big battle--an obviously cheap way of avoiding of having to show the actual battle(in the books, Tyrion actually participates--he's actually not useless). That definitely found the perfect actor for him, but I have to say I HATE what they've done to Shae. Not even identical to her counterpart in the books. I don't get the point in making her more of an obnoxious cunt. Oh well, very minor changes all around. The casting really is just amazing for the most part. The next installments of the series should be down-right awe-inspiring.
                Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-16-2011, 11:11 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• You talk about this Game of Thrones and yet you give no mention to the esteemed Charles Dance?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    You talk about this Game of Thrones and yet you give no mention to the esteemed Charles Dance?
                    Pardons sir. Mr. Charles Dance is great as Tywin Lannister He's only been in a couple episodes at the tail end, though his character will have a much bigger role to play in A Storm of Swords. Otherwise, another winner's choice award of casting. But speaking of which, why haven't you watched it if he's such a big deal? huh? Lol. *Nudge nudge, wink wink*
                    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-17-2011, 11:49 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Not to complain, but can future events be hidden in spoilers, I know not much was said but now I know that character will not die until a certain point it would ruin any curiosity should such a possibility arise earlier.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• ^Agreed there! Extra careful guys!

So right now I'm running through the series again with my father, I think there is a lot to learn from this story. Should be interesting when we get to the Spoiler:
                        LOL.
                        Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
                          ^Agreed there! Extra careful guys!

So right now I'm running through the series again with my father, I think there is a lot to learn from this story. Should be interesting when we get to the Spoiler:
                          LOL.

I actually loved that scene--not because of the HOT LESBO ACTION--but because of how they got across Littlefinger's character. There is no such scene in the books since Littlefinger isn't a POV character, but that's one of the advantages of the series in that they can explore characters that aren't able to get the personal POV touch. That, and the actor who plays him just kicks alota ass.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                            I actually loved that scene--not because of the HOT LESBO ACTION--but because of how they got across Littlefinger's character. There is no such scene in the books since Littlefinger isn't a POV character, but that's one of the advantages of the series in that they can explore characters that aren't able to get the personal POV touch. That, and the actor who plays him just kicks alota ass.
                            I don't think I've ever despised a character that much in a TV show.

I am very impressed with the cast, they truly delivered. Can't wait for the finale.
                            Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I think I'm gonna have to rewatch the first season in one sitting. Gaps between episodes sort of messed it up for me.

Comment

• Lately I've been watching Aqua Unit Partol Squad 1 on Adult Swim.
                                sigpic
                                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Working...
                                X