No announcement yet.

recently seen TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thrones Finale was absolutely incredible. What a magnificent cliffhanger. I think I'll stick to my original plan and hold off on reading A Clash of Kings until Season 2 airs because the show is just THAT good. The books are great, but honestly, I like the show that much.

"Fire and Blood" SPOILER:

Spoiler:

Also, here's a good analysis by IGN that compares the book to the TV show:

Some things were left out, some things were added -- a necessity in the jump from words to images.
    Last edited by Vector; 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Agreed with the above, what a finale!
      Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent View Post
        ^Agreed there! Extra careful guys!

So right now I'm running through the series again with my father, I think there is a lot to learn from this story. Should be interesting when we get to the Spoiler:
        LOL.
        I think the scene with Spoiler:
        will be much more awkward.

Comment

• That was definitely messed up. Thankfully, there is a mature level watching this stuff with the old man. We seemed to laugh through it than anything. Have to admit though, it's not any short of awkward. Haha.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Just watched the finale last night. Wow, what an episode! This show is totally hitting just starting to hit its stride. The last batch of episodes have really dazzled compared to the earlier ones. I think the creative team has certainly found it's voice. The show is hopefully now HBO's flagship show like The Soprano's was back in its run. The jump in quality in the latter half of the episodes really puts it on par with that or Dexter(seasons 1 and 2, anyways). I'm sure most people shit bricks when

Spoiler:

The finale is also how the book ends, though it was interesting how a few things from A Clash of Kings were sprinkled throughout the episode, but I liked those nods.

Can't say I blame you Vector for wanting to hold out on the books since the series is actually starting to carry its on weight. If the quality of the latter batch of episodes is consistent through all of A Clash of Kings, it just might be worth it from the perspective of someone who was introduced to the story by the series. But anyone who likes the series should definitely read the books at some point, as the characters are even more fleshed out and wonderfully crafted. That's really what makes the story so damn good--the characters. It's why I have such an attachment to the series. It's so far from silly fantasy tripe.

With all that said, I can't wait for HBO to offer the ridiculous priced blu ray set. Bring it on!
            Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-22-2011, 03:27 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Finally watched the last two episodes. Wow, just wow. Now, this isn't a spoiler - I have no idea if it will happen or not. But...

Spoiler:

Very cool show. Looking really forward to starting the books once I've finished reading the current books of the Wheel of Time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Now, this isn't a spoiler - I have no idea if it will happen or not. But...

Spoiler:
                The Song of Ice and Fire series has one unique quality that is pretty rare for me. . .that being, I actually hate and detest the villians. Usually, I'll like a villain despite him being an asshole or a psycho--but Martin's protagonist are so well done that I too--despise Joffery, as well others at times like Littlefinger, Lysa Arryn, The Hound, Maester Prycelle, Tywin Lannister, and Cersei(though, she does have a couple good points). But that's how you know an author truly is the shit when he can make you HATE the antagonist your supposed too.
                sigpic

Comment

• Man vs. Food Nation
                  Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
                    The Song of Ice and Fire series has one unique quality that is pretty rare for me. . .that being, I actually hate and detest the villians. Usually, I'll like a villain despite him being an asshole or a psycho--but Martin's protagonist are so well done that I too--despise Joffery, as well others at times like Littlefinger, Lysa Arryn, The Hound, Maester Prycelle, Tywin Lannister, and Cersei(though, she does have a couple good points). But that's how you know an author truly is the shit when he can make you HATE the antagonist your supposed too.
                    I second this. Now, people here may notice I like villains. Alexia, Kerrigan, Callisto, Alice Morgan from that Luther show. But Joffrey, pardon my French, is an utter cunt. A stupid little shit brat who thinks he is it but when it comes down to it, he's a scared little boy who isn't fit to be King. Look at his face when Arya twatted him over the head with a stick and threw his sword away, and when Tyrion slapped him. I'LL TELL MUMMY! Just like Viserys Targaryen, a weakling who thought he was powerful and thought he could treat others like crap, but didn't deserve the throne. I'm glad Viserys is dead (even though I do like the Targaryens) and I want to see Joffrey dead. Daenerys and Khal Drogo were my favourites.
                    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 06-23-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• This is interesting, because to be honest, Viserys Targaryen was indeed the heir to the throne. He was tricked by the Khal tribe, was he not? So in essence, the bad people here are Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen. Even though Viserys behaved like a moron towards his sister and the others, the deal that they initially made was not honoured. Khal Drogo got what he deserved due to his arrogance. And I wish Daenerys the best of luck further, I think she learned quite a lot of things.

I have a question for you book readers;

Spoiler:
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        Now, people here may notice I like villains. Alexia, Kerrigan, Callisto, Alice Morgan from that Luther show.
                        Luther's an awesome show!
                        See you in hell.

Comment

This is interesting, because to be honest, Viserys Targaryen was indeed the heir to the throne. He was tricked by the Khal tribe, was he not? So in essence, the bad people here are Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen. Even though Viserys behaved like a moron towards his sister and the others, the deal that they initially made was not honoured. Khal Drogo got what he deserved due to his arrogance. And I wish Daenerys the best of luck further, I think she learned quite a lot of things.

I have a question for you book readers;

Spoiler:
                          Not really. If you honour the Targaryen bloodline then I guess he was the next in-line, but the Baratheons are the Royals now. Khal Drogo wasn't really arrogant, he cared for Dany (that is a lot more obvious in the book) and essentially Spoiler:
                          to protect Dany because he threatened her and the unborn child. There was no evidence to prove Drogo wasn't going to honour the deal in his own time, which is what Ser Jorah tried to tell Viserys. Don't push it, Dothraki do things in their own time. He was too impatient.

Spoiler:

Comment

This is interesting, because to be honest, Viserys Targaryen was indeed the heir to the throne. He was tricked by the Khal tribe, was he not? So in essence, the bad people here are Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen. Even though Viserys behaved like a moron towards his sister and the others, the deal that they initially made was not honoured. Khal Drogo got what he deserved due to his arrogance. And I wish Daenerys the best of luck further, I think she learned quite a lot of things.
                            He was the former heir to the throne. With no support, no cash and no followers? Not really the heir any more. And we don't know if Drogo intended to give him the troops or not. At least, I don't. Given the time frame seems to have been months Viserys was being a little too hasty given the numbers involved. Although he only seems utterly determined to attack and claim the Iron Throne once they try to assassinate Daenrys. But that was with his entire force, not the part he'd offered tool-boy.

I dunno if Drogo got what he deserved. His end was pretty horrible. But I'm pretty sure Daenerys' new friends are going to make her a force that will shake the world.

Comment

• But that was with his entire force, not the part he'd offered tool-boy.
                              Cos he loved and wanted to protect his wife and son. He actually turned out to be a pretty nice guy. I liked him even more since I read the book. In the show, on their wedding night, it seems like he rapes her and only likes her when she gives him a good shag. In the book, he caresses her on the wedding night and then asks her if she still doesn't want him to touch her, and she agrees because she is shocked that this barbarian is actually so sensitive and gentle with her, and that's when they start to fall in love - right away. Drogo and Dany are my favourite characters.
                              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 06-23-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• They're certainly a lot of fun. It helped that I have a man-crush on Jason Momoa...

Comment

Working...
                                X