Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    That's a new one for me.

Eh, what can I say? I'm very old-fashioned, so for me, "dating," "going out," "taken," and "in a relationship" all mean the same thing, or should mean the same thing.
    Ditto. I can't stand people who "date around". It's sickening IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
      Ditto. I can't stand people who "date around". It's sickening IMO
      couldn't agree more

Comment

I've been married nearly six years with two kids and a third on the way. And if that comes as a shock to anyone they haven't been paying me much attention.

Comment

Anyway, I'm single, and I have been for most of my life, so it doesn't really bother me one way or the other, as I'm used to it. XD

I was in one relationship, but it only lasted a little less than half a year. It was actually just last year, too. We had known each other for about three years, but when we first met she was going out with someone, and they had been together for many years prior. Then one day he apparently just up and told her he no longer loved her and left.

A few months passed by, and it was pretty obvious there was a mutual attraction there, so we had a good long talk and decided to at least try having a relationship. It went really well for the first few months, but she seemed to just keep getting more and more distant as time passed. It was particularly noticeable when we spent Christmas together. We had a nice time together, but she just didn't really seem like she was there, for lack of a better word.

I had suspected that maybe it had something to do with her ex, so a few days later I asked her about it. Despite the fact that he had broken up with her years ago, she was apparently still carrying a torch for him, and as such, she just wasn't emotionally ready to commit herself to another relationship yet. So I told her that if she couldn't be in this with me 100%, then maybe we should just be friends, because it wasn't really fair to me if she was just in the relationship out of fear of hurting me or because it seemed like the "right thing to do."

We're still friends, but it's been really difficult. I think probably the worst thing about all this is that she admitted that I was a much better boyfriend than her ex could ever hope to be, but I guess that just wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            Anyway, I'm single, and I have been for most of my life, so it doesn't really bother me one way or the other, as I'm used to it. XD

I was in one relationship, but it only lasted a little less than half a year. It was actually just last year, too. We had known each other for about three years, but when we first met she was going out with someone, and they had been together for many years prior. Then one day he apparently just up and told her he no longer loved her and left.

A few months passed by, and it was pretty obvious there was a mutual attraction there, so we had a good long talk and decided to at least try having a relationship. It went really well for the first few months, but she seemed to just keep getting more and more distant as time passed. It was particularly noticeable when we spent Christmas together. We had a nice time together, but she just didn't really seem like she was there, for lack of a better word.

I had suspected that maybe it had something to do with her ex, so a few days later I asked her about it. Despite the fact that he had broken up with her years ago, she was apparently still carrying a torch for him, and as such, she just wasn't emotionally ready to commit herself to another relationship yet. So I told her that if she couldn't be in this with me 100%, then maybe we should just be friends, because it wasn't really fair to me if she was just in the relationship out of fear of hurting me or because it seemed like the "right thing to do."

We're still friends, but it's been really difficult. I think probably the worst thing about all this is that she admitted that I was a much better boyfriend than her ex could ever hope to be, but I guess that just wasn't enough.
            i feel you man, the relationship I'm in right now is going like that, she always seems distant

Comment

I talked for the 1st time today with the girl I "like".
              She's so nice and sweet, but she's kinda serious too. I don't know if this can go somewhere, cause she's way prettier than me and I suck with all this "dating stuff"

I hope we date cause it's kinda rare when I really like a girl, but it probably won't happen

Comment

Single, not much else to say really, had a horrendous time of it with girlfriends and whatnot in the past 2 years, not really trying to date right now trying to sort out other problems in my life takes priority right now, but if the right opportunity comes along, i'll be sure to take it.

Comment

I'm single...sorta, I was in a relationship for 2 and a half years and we decided to call it quits when distance kinda came in our way. Maybe we'll spark it up later but for now, letting people oggle me without guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant T-002 View Post
                    She's so nice and sweet, but she's kinda serious too. I don't know if this can go somewhere, cause she's way prettier than me and I suck with all this "dating stuff"

I hope we date cause it's kinda rare when I really like a girl, but it probably won't happen
                    If you like her I say go for it, there's nothing to lose and we all sucked at the "dating stuff" at one point, it's something you have get used to, it'll come natural later on. Never have that doubt in your head, never say stuff like she's way prettier than you, cus if there is a chance for that relationship to go somewhere it won't matter.

Go For It

Comment

I'm single... perpetually single.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMamba View Post
                        If you like her I say go for it, there's nothing to lose and we all sucked at the "dating stuff" at one point, it's something you have get used to, it'll come natural later on. Never have that doubt in your head, never say stuff like she's way prettier than you, cus if there is a chance for that relationship to go somewhere it won't matter.

Go For It
                        Thanks
                        I kinda know what I should do, but I had bad experiences that make me think about 100000 before telling a girl I like her

Comment

Thanks
                          I kinda know what I should do, but I had bad experiences that make me think about 100000 before telling a girl I like her
                          np
                          the past is the past, never regret it, learn from it

Comment

I'm in the same situation you are in right now. I really like this girl but I'm not sure if I'm good enough for her or if I'm her type. This whole situation is stressing me out and I really want to tell her how I feel, but I'm scared of her reaction and if it will effect our friendship because were really close friends right now. I don't wanna ruin our friendship we have, but if it can be anymore than that then I would like to know.

Comment

I celebrated my fourth anniversary with my boyfriend on the 12th of this month. I may end up marrying the guy...once I'm done with college and have established a decent enough career for myself.

We've discussed the issue before...but both of us came to the conclusion that we should marry later. I don't want to end up like my friends...dreaming big dreams of living in Japan and making big money teaching English....when they are still stuck here working part time at McDonalds, barely passing their college classes. I want to know that when the time comes, I'll actually be able to support myself and my family, and I'm glad he feels the same.
                              sigpic
                              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
                                I'm in the same situation you are in right now. I really like this girl but I'm not sure if I'm good enough for her or if I'm her type. This whole situation is stressing me out and I really want to tell her how I feel, but I'm scared of her reaction and if it will effect our friendship because were really close friends right now. I don't wanna ruin our friendship we have, but if it can be anymore than that then I would like to know.
                                It's just my opinion but you have to take that leap of faith, you always have to risk something to get something you feel is big, never stand down, don't let the doubts or the what if situations cloud your decision cus at the end of the day the only person you're going to have to answer to is the person staring back at you in the mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X