No announcement yet.

Single, taken, or in a relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in a relationship for the past 8 months.
    sigpic

Comment

Enjoying my life of solitude

Actually, it wouldn't hurt having a partner in crime, but my current jet set lifestyle of always having a bag packed and being ready to "move out" makes it a bit hard for me to build and maintain any type of relationship beyond a friendship and flirts. Some people also seem to have some slightly interesting ideas and theories about my relationship to opposite sex.

Anyway, had some rather awkward and bad experiences in the past, but I'll save the story telling for some other day ;)

Comment

Might as well join in this discussion.

As some of you may know, me and Emma (Alexia Ashford) have been together for almost two years, and we’re very comfortable together and love each other a lot. This just goes to show that some of you will find that special someone down the road, all you have to do Is be patient and let time takes it passage.

Comment

Resigned to singleness for the time being; not that I haven't been trying.
          Just a tip that someone here might want to think about - I never do the 'let's be friends' thing anymore if a girl has wronged me. It's so much easier to just hate someone and never see them again, especially if they've used you, rather then both pretend to be friends.

Even when you still have mutual friends, I find it alot easier. If I call her a cow or a slag infront of the mutual friends, they don't care and they don't gossip, they just know that's how I feel about her, although the open-ness can take them aback.

Another girl, she keeps sending me messages and things telling me she still wants to be friends, despite months of me ignoring them/ or giving short blunt (and unambiguous) replies. Finding it alot easier and better for my psyche than to get involved with it again. Definately outweighs any positives 'being friends' with her might present.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
            QFT. I actually applaud a guy that's not afraid to just ask for what he REALLY wants instead of just telling you what he thinks you want to hear. At least that way, you both know where you stand, and you don't get any misconceptions...and no one gets hurt.
            That didn't work out so well for me. XD

I think part of my problem (well, it's not really a problem for me, but I guess I could see how it might be a problem for anyone interested in me) is that I won't date anyone who I can't actually see myself marrying one day. I'm not really big on the whole "casual" dating thing. My ex is the same way. It was for that reason that I was only her second boyfriend, and she was my first girlfriend. Unfortunately, she carries a lot of emotional baggage, not just because of her ex, but because her family life is really, shall we say, less than desirable.

I was willing to cope with that, and I managed to help her a lot with it (she's a lot better now than she was when I first met her), but it's still a pretty big problem. What makes it particularly difficult at this point is she still comes to me for help like we were still in a relationship and not "just friends." When I pointed this out to her, she basically told me that she didn't know any other way to act around me. So it almost feels like we're going out but not going out. Sheesh.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
            Guess that why your an Old Fashioned Cowboy is it?
            Yippee ki yay.
            Last edited by Archelon; 05-20-2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
              Might as well join in this discussion.

As some of you may know, me and Emma (Alexia Ashford) have been together for almost two years, and we’re very comfortable together and love each other a lot. This just goes to show that some of you will find that special someone down the road, all you have to do Is be patient and let time takes it passage.
              QFT We've been together for a long time now and I feel very happy, comfortable and we both love eachother very much. Best relationship I've been in.

Comment

I've been single since December 2006, mainly because i've learned that i'm a total pariah with relationships. There's no point in feeling sorry for onesself over it but i think i've pretty much accepted nowdays that i'm just bad for the health of the opposite sex ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                  Resigned to singleness for the time being; not that I haven't been trying.
                  Just a tip that someone here might want to think about - I never do the 'let's be friends' thing anymore if a girl has wronged me. It's so much easier to just hate someone and never see them again, especially if they've used you, rather then both pretend to be friends.
                  this is the smartest thing ive heard in ALONG time. thank you Gene.

Comment

There's a distinct smell to this thread.

The smell of shame, tears and sin.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post

The smell of sin.
                      that would be me, sorry

Comment

I'm single and never doing the "let's just be friends" bs

Comment

I have a girlfriend...sometimes lol. It's very "off again on again". Blah, I need a drink.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Single. Never been in a relationship.

I'm a lonely and bitter soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              I think part of my problem (well, it's not really a problem for me, but I guess I could see how it might be a problem for anyone interested in me) is that I won't date anyone who I can't actually see myself marrying one day. I'm not really big on the whole "casual" dating thing.
                              I feel that exact same way about dating, if i don't think i will end up married to the person im dating, i really don't see the point in dating them. So i don't date much. But there is a girl in my class which i would totally marry if i could get the courage to ask her, And if she said yes.
                              Last edited by missvalentine; 05-21-2009, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post

The smell of shame, tears and sin.
                                You've just described my life back in '07. >.<

Comment

Working...
                                X