I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGH.

My website is nearly done in terms of layout and the like, but I can't decide on the name or how I'll do the top/main banner/logo for it too as that could mean I may have to change the entire goddamn layout again.

It's a Clock Tower/Demento one but I'm including some other stuff that is somewhat related (either survival horror, dealing with time or alchemy so Rule of Rose fits, Shadow of Memories/Destiny also fits, Glass Rose and so does Drag-on Dragoon/Drakengard to my general thoughts of related things that people may also enjoy that have little to nothing in regard to them online).

I've been working on this for a while now and I thought it'd be best to get it online and then just add in other updates once stuff from Japan arrives so I can just update it a lot quicker than having to deal with getting huge media pages set up constantly in the future.

But ARGH, the whole naming bit is driving me nuts as I want to be sure it's relative but isn't only pertaining to one singular thing. Kind of how The-Horror/The Horror Is Alive doesn't pertain to a specific thing whereas something like Project Umbrella or anything with a specific on the name would put it down to being directly for that and essentially ONLY for that.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I just got myself a new computer a few weeks ago, and due to the Parental Control my Uncle Bob had set up on it, it has blocked me from visiting THIA. I am using my PSN account to visit this site. I could try and fix it, but it requires a password (that Uncle Bob already inputed I believe), so Ill just have to make do.

This explains my recent absence from this site.

Comment

• Wait, why did your uncle put parental controls on your new computer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          Wait, why did your uncle put parental controls on your new computer?
          That's exactly what I was just thinking. If I've bought something, it's my property and no one else has any right to put controls on it. I'd tell them to f*** off.

Comment

• Are there children in the house likely to use it? Because even then as much as I can kind of understand where he's coming from, if it is yours then it really is your say what happens to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
              That's exactly what I was just thinking. If I've bought something, it's my property and no one else has any right to put controls on it. I'd tell them to f*** off.
              "Howard Johnson is right!"

Comment

• ^^^The computer may be his, but who pays for the internet?

Okay, I know it will serve no real purpose, but I really just need to vent about how I see a few of my co-workers as absolute idiots. I get a call today from a customer asking if her furniture came in. I ask her what the pieces are, and find all of them but one. I tell her that one piece is not in stock and that it actually will not be coming back in stock (She rainchecked a piece of summer furniture, and pretty much what my store gets is what my store gets. Basically once the season is in full swing we don't get anymore summer pieces). She decides to go batsh#% psycho on me via telephone because one of my fellow managers told her that we would be getting it back in.

I investigate this while on the phone with her. I did get two of the piece in my store shortly after the rainchecked was issued...BUT what had been happen was her piece was not pulled aside because same idiot manager who is in charge of rainchecks did not put her paperwork on it and call her to let her know it had come in. So the weekend comes, and sure enough because the item was not tagged another associate figured it was fair game and sold it. I have none in my store, none in my distribution center...THUS I have no way of fulfilling this woman's request. She then proceeds to tell me how horrible my store is and that it must be morons that run it. And to be truthfully honest, aside from me there are probably only 3 or 4 other people worth a damn in the store.

Now, I know the retort will be "Why don't you just get your boss to handle the issue and make him do his job?" Well, that would be lovely if I actually had a boss who gave a crap about his store. The few associates that know what they're doing pretty much keep the store together. If a select group left the store, it would probably crumble.

I believe everyone needs to experience retail for at least a year...

Be kind and courteous to the cashier struggling to get everyone through the line...

...You don't know if she is the only one on the sales floor or if something is going on beyond her control...

Don't scream at the peons when something is wrong...

...If you are having a serious issue with an associate/item/et cetera...Ask for the actual manager of the store or one of the supervisors. Generally, they are the only one's who have the kind of power to get what you need.

If you actually hate the service of a store and say you aren't going to come back...

...Please don't come back. Time and time again, I get irrate customers that tell me this is the last time they will be in my store because of something trivial like we're out of the product they want, and then they are back in there a few days later acting all nice. We remember who you are. If you were a dick, you're always going to be seen as a dick by the associates.

Honestly, when I have a bad experience with a store, I don't go back. Case-and-point: Gamestop. I was even called by the District Manager, but alas, the damage was done and no amount of free game stuff was going to change my mind. I have not shopped with them since.

Ultimately, I'm just bitter about working retail. I have been applying for jobs, but the economy is still crap in my area so I'm having to suck it up and stay at a job that I hate. I bet some of you are in the same boat (and especially some of you recent college grads...I'm sure the glory and fairy tales of that dream job that pays you in Ferraris and rare diamonds passed you over as well).

Long story short: Retail sucks...And I'm tired of having to "coach" a supposed equal on the do's and don'ts of my store.
                sigpic

Comment

• Just in case you're wondering, I don't have anything against him for what he did. I was only just venting my annoyance over the fact that the Parental Control thing tends to block some sites on my computer.

In fact I respect him for it, because there is a justification for the reason why he did put the Parental Control thing on it. Apart from preventing the computer from getting viruses and trojans, it turns out that whenever you surf the net, your computer tends to download stuff that can cause the computer to run a lot slower than it normally should.

Plus it doesn't concern me at all, since I can still visit this site through my PSN account.

No I don't have children at my house, only my dad and I live in the same house.
                  Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 07-21-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Xander Ashford, totally know what you mean. Doing the same whilst I sort out courses and apply for other places.

I had a group of customers bitching and whinging at me whilst I was pulling apart TWO self-service checkouts at the same time to do repairs because people were putting shit like superglued checkers, monopoly money and silver coins stuck together with gum to try and break it on purpose and/or to try and avoid paying for stuff.

So I ended up at work after having to walk in the rain, horizontal rain so an umbrella was useless only to come in soaking wet and having to repair machines when I was supposed to be on checkouts today.

So I couldn't find a flat-head screwdriver, only a phillips-head one so I had to use the keys for the sco (self check out) to get the slotted screws out, I had to undo wiring on the boards for the money controls and had to put both of the machines completely back together without damaging them because I'm completely fucking soaked, trying to juggle dumb customers that can't find stock despite standing RIGHT in front of it and those that clearly don't fucking listen and have a tantrum because they can't comprehend what I'm saying because they either don't speak English or they're too fucking old and expect me to be able to read their minds as they're too fucking lazy to say anything properly outside of gruntly like a total fucking wanker.

So I got them all back up and running in about an hour and a half after I had to clean and do all of the repairs which the company's technician would have charged over $1000 AUD, FOR FREE.

I snapped all of my nails and have cuts over my hands because at some point a bitchy customer that I told I couldn't help out at the current time because I was in the middle of a repair, if I moved then I would have scattered chips and a motherboard piece for the money controls across the wet floor and I can't leave the machine open by itself when there's an additional section which is locked (I had to unlock and remove the note dispenser) which has a few thousand in it, the coin acceptor/dispenser has a few thousand in it too and I had to pull out everything to fix all of the issues with it this morning.

I then had to open up some of the wiring inside the main computer itself to fix the damaged speaker wires because one of the older staff members broke that in the morning as they don't know how to work the machine properly.

So, she got pissy and on her way past she actually hit me in the back with her trolley. My back and hips were already sore as someone did this to me JUST the other day, they knocked me into one of the SCO and I twisted my ankle oddly one one of the lower metal bumper sort of pieces that's placed at the bottom of it because of that, so I was already limping at work today because I slipped over due to my ankle already being tender and hurt the joint between my right hip and leg.

I ended up having to fix the other SCO, a couple of registers and fix up change that was sent up to fill up the registers, sco during the day as the people handling it in the office managed to fuck up the order YET AGAIN despite that I have to write down everything they need to know (what coins/notes I need, the amount of money per bag or bundle, the exact amount of coins/notes per bag, bundle, the total amount of coins per register/sco, the total amount of money) and they STILL FUCK IT UP.

Then I ended up having to be the sco attendant today because the person rostered on for it today just fucking breaks them non-stop. So they were to cover for me on the registers, and you know what?

Everyone on the registers just fucked off somewhere so I had to juggle the sco, registers, cleaning up and facing of products, getting new products out and all sorts of other shit in a completely soaked uniform, I had to get oil from the sco off my uniform during the day as one of the managers that came from another store had a whinge about it (and essentially everything for no goddamn reason, not like she was doing anything else outside of tiding the shelves up AFTER I HAD ALREADY DONE THEM ALL).

And then, once I finished I had to walk home again in the rain - even more horizontal rain again, I lost my umbrella and found it across the road from someone's house I know (we know them by their Spoodle called Ruby, she has the most annoying goddamn bark) and Ruby was going off at my umbrella slamming into the gate, so I had to go back and grab it.

The gate to my house was supposed to be open, but it locked itself back up again so I had to ram it open again because I was completely frozen and soaked and couldn't see where my keys were in my handbag.

So despite wearing a heavy winter coat, joggers (switched to my work shoes) which I spray with a waterproofing coating, my uniform underneath and an umbrella I still ended up completely fucking soaked all day (note that the air conditioning was also on as nobody knows how to turn it off and doing so would require me having to get into an access panel in the staff lunch room, nobody would get out of the way as the office staff were sitting out there bitching about everything, including me going for a 15 minute lunch break and were trying to tell me peanut butter cups and the like were new and bitching about me having them as I needed some sugar due to not eating properly or having dinner for the last three or four days, so I was nearly fainting due to low blood sugar, and they continued harassing me during my break) and had to clean up everyone else's fuckups in the day and all of the dumb wanker customers decided that today they'd all scream at me because it takes me a couple of minutes to serve them when I'm actually serving multiple customers at once BY MYSELF.

Fuck retail is all I can say after today. I mean, I've had to walk in the rain for the past few days so the cold I was just FINALLY over is now going to be back in full after this shit

I need to kill something, got to decide on a game to play now.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Dead Rising 1. The mall. Enough satisfaction for your retail-killing spree there

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                        Dead Rising 1. The mall. Enough satisfaction for your retail-killing spree there
                        I'm afraid I don't have a Wii or a 360.

So I'd have to settle for Dead Rising 2... if people weren't using the t.v. downstairs as per usual. My t.v. broke a while ago and I haven't gotten a new one yet so I've had my PS3 downstairs hooked up to the plasma.

So it looks like I might do some Left 4 Dead or maybe Command and Conquer as I'm in that sort of mood.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                          In fact I respect him for it, because there is a justification for the reason why he did put the Parental Control thing on it. Apart from preventing the computer from getting viruses and trojans, it turns out that whenever you surf the net, your computer tends to download stuff that can cause the computer to run a lot slower than it normally should.
                          Unless you're like 12 or something, you're better off having anti-malware software installed on your computer. Even with parental control enabled, you're still likely to pick up viruses and other nasty crap. That and having sites getting blocked randomly is just plain annoying.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Unless you're like 12 or something, you're better off having anti-malware software installed on your computer. Even with parental control enabled, you're still likely to pick up viruses and other nasty crap. That and having sites getting blocked randomly is just plain annoying.
                            I've got Kapersky Internet Security 2011 installed on it. So you needn't worry.

Speaking of which, I just found out that it is the Kapersky Internet Security 2011, that is blocking certain websites, not some Parental Control thing.

Comment

• There's a god damn creeper in my main hall.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• Well, Valve have fucked up Team Fortress 2. They've added yet MORE items and weapons for the Soldier class, despite that class now having three times more weapons than the Engineer. These new weapons include laser technology, so you pretty much have soldiers going round with laser cannons that don't use ammo, can fire a charged shot which can sap sentries from afar and set people on fire. So as you can guess you now have everyone playing Soldier and spamming lasers at each other.

In addition, the Soldier's new laser pistol can shoot through sentries and kill the Engineer working behind them, which completely nullifies the point of sentries having hit boxes designed to protect the Engineer while he works on the sentry. Utterly overpowered and unbalanced.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X