Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
    i went back to school yesterday.

i miss all my free time i had over christmas.
    same, now I can't stay up late

Comment

• little cuzin broke my $899 synthesizer which i needed for my recording session next week

again

no one respects anything anymore

Comment

• So basically, that $2000 laptop i have had this weird problem where it would the CPU usage would always jump between 30 and 70%, averaging around 50%. Even if it's idle.

It never really affected the overall performance though. I mean I game on it like, every other night. It's just the fact that it's abnormally high always bugged me. I figured I might as well see if I could fix that and tried reformatting it.

At first nothing changed. It kept going between 30 and 70%. But now I had to reinstall all the drivers and applications.

After I reinstalled some drivers I was pleasantly surprised that it was relatively stable and CPU usage stayed under 15 and didn't spike up and down as much.

Then I installed some basic stuff. Like MSN messenger, firefox...

Now, for some unknown reason. It's *ALWAYS* at FREAKING 100% CPU USAGE regardless of what I'm doing. Even if I just restarted my computer. And according to the resource monitor the thing that's eating up all the CPU usage is "System" =.=

It's slowed down to the point where it'll take like, a minute to open up *MY DOCUMENTS* immediately after startup.

*sigh*... I shouldn't have bothered messing around with it...

I think I might have messed up with the recovery disk or something. My parents are visiting for lunch tomorrow so I could always have them send it to get it checked as well (which would make it the second time in less than 2 months...)

...Ugh...

Comment

• Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
          So basically, that $2000 laptop i have had this weird problem where it would the CPU usage would always jump between 30 and 70%, averaging around 50%. Even if it's idle.

It never really affected the overall performance though. I mean I game on it like, every other night. It's just the fact that it's abnormally high always bugged me. I figured I might as well see if I could fix that and tried reformatting it.

At first nothing changed. It kept going between 30 and 70%. But now I had to reinstall all the drivers and applications.

After I reinstalled some drivers I was pleasantly surprised that it was relatively stable and CPU usage stayed under 15 and didn't spike up and down as much.

Now, for some unknown reason. It's *ALWAYS* at FREAKING 100% CPU USAGE regardless of what I'm doing. Even if I just restarted my computer. And according to the resource monitor the thing that's eating up all the CPU usage is "System" =.=

It's slowed down to the point where it'll take like, a minute to open up *MY DOCUMENTS* immediately after startup.

I think I might have messed up with the recovery disk or something. My parents are visiting for lunch tomorrow so I could always have them send it to get it checked as well (which would make it the second time in less than 2 months...)

...Ugh...

damn that sucks about ur laptop

also about the parent money thing, i cant stand asking my parents for money

but u think that bad about waiting 1 minute for ur docuements?

i dont even shut down my computer anymore (thats y it says im on thia all the time and im not)
          cuz when i turn on my computer it takes literally (ive timed it my self with a stop watch) 15 minutes
          to work so i can get on the internet, itunes, ect ect.

my computer sucks

Comment

• While I'm happy that I've found the definite cause of the "laptop won't boot" saga over the past three or four days (faulty hard drive; ugh), I'm pissed that I can't do my English assignment on it that's due on Thursday. Furthermore, I can't get the wireless card to work on this temporary desktop computer that, while it works, I can't get used to, because I've overblown my download quota for this month, so I can't download iTunes or the new MSN Messenger. Damn.

Lucky the repairs will probably be covered by warranty, but still, what a shit-up. I bet that these assholes at the repair shop will screw around with all my shit too. I HATE having to take computers into repair shops because:

1. They don't give a shit if they damage the paintjob, or scratch it.
            2. They tend to find... uh... personal things and delete them/tell my parents.
            3. They screw around with settings (which really gets up my nose)
            4. They are WAYYYYY OVERPRICED (but the warranty is paying so it's not a genuine complaint, but still...)
            5. I can't use the damn thing until they have finally gotten off their asses and fixed it, then decide to call me up and tell me that it's ready for pickup.
            6. This older desktop can't run most new games and intensive programs which is shit (it's not a bad rig [P4 3GHz, <1GB RAM, x200 128MB] but still...)

Comment

• Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
              So basically, that $2000 laptop i have had this weird problem where it would the CPU usage would always jump between 30 and 70%, averaging around 50%. Even if it's idle.

...Ugh...
              Just format once you can. Sounds like either something is royally corrupted in Windows (which can happen), or a virus went ahead and did it for you.

Comment

• OMG I FUCKING LOST ALL OF MY MUSIC! UGH HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! I AM SO ROYALLY PISSED! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! I HAVE LIKE 3 GIG OF MY MOST RECENT SONGS MISSING! ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

I THOUGHT I HAD COPIED THEM TO MY EXTERNAL HDD BUT SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND ME BEING AS STUPID AS I AM DIDN'T CONFIRM THAT THEY HAD COPIED AND JUST WENT AHEAD LIKE A DICKWAD AND REFORMATTED THE FUCKING DRIVE. I AM SO MAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                  OMG I FUCKING LOST ALL OF MY MUSIC! UGH HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! I AM SO ROYALLY PISSED! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! I HAVE LIKE 3 GIG OF MY MOST RECENT SONGS MISSING! ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

I THOUGHT I HAD COPIED THEM TO MY EXTERNAL HDD BUT SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND ME BEING AS STUPID AS I AM DIDN'T CONFIRM THAT THEY HAD COPIED AND JUST WENT AHEAD LIKE A DICKWAD AND REFORMATTED THE FUCKING DRIVE. I AM SO MAD.
                  Surely you could just re-rip them from the CDs you legitimately bought?

As for why I'm angry. Women. They're mental. The lot of 'em.... Prove me wrong... (frowny face added to emphasise hyperbole, and to undermine the obviously sexist remark).
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    Surely you could just re-rip them from the CDs you legitimately bought?

As for why I'm angry. Women. They're mental. The lot of 'em.... Prove me wrong... (frowny face added to emphasise hyperbole, and to undermine the obviously sexist remark).
                    Lol, what's up? The lot of us aren't mental, just some. It can be difficult to understand the opposite sex sometimes.

Comment

• i hate stupid idiot teenagers, fucking punks and wannabe gangsters thought it would be oh so funny to start throwing rocks at the school bus.

now the bus driver refused to come to my bus stop, so i was left waiting there for hours and ended up walking all the way home, i missed school today i missed my favorite class.

Comment

i hate stupid idiot teenagers, fucking punks and wannabe gangsters thought it would be oh so funny to start throwing rocks at the school bus.
                        I hate those types too...only they come to my work, bounce basket balls at the building and into traffic, and get smart when I ask them to be careful. I would say I wished the main asshole of the group that was being a dick at work today got hit by a truck...but I wouldn't want the drive to feel guilty.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• This girl I've known since we were about 7 or 8, her father just passed away from a long bout with bladder cancer. I'm angry/upset/sad because we haven't been friendly for a really long time, but I was really jarred by the news of his passing...he was a really nice guy, very young, way too young to go. And now I don't know what to say to her.
                          Last edited by Vector; 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            This girl I've known since we were about 7 or 8, her father just passed away from a long bout with bladder cancer. I'm angry/upset/sad because we haven't been friendly for a really long time, but I was really jarred by the news of his passing...he was a really nice guy, very young, way too young to go. And now I don't know what to say to her.
                            Very sorry to hear that. Best advice is just to be there for her. Sometimes you don't need any words to help bring comfort to someone.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              I hate those types too...only they come to my work, bounce basket balls at the building and into traffic, and get smart when I ask them to be careful. I would say I wished the main asshole of the group that was being a dick at work today got hit by a truck...but I wouldn't want the drive to feel guilty.
                              there's always an alpha male, or some leader in those groups, i hate guys like that, there so full of themselve and stuck up, and they think they own everything and can get away with being total assholes.

i would love to see soemone come up and just kick all there asses, thye need a good lesson tought to them.

kids have no respect for anything these days.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              This girl I've known since we were about 7 or 8, her father just passed away from a long bout with bladder cancer. I'm angry/upset/sad because we haven't been friendly for a really long time, but I was really jarred by the news of his passing...he was a really nice guy, very young, way too young to go. And now I don't know what to say to her.
                              that's a tough spot your in, you could always just try and comfort her, or talk to her about it.

Comment

i hate stupid idiot teenagers, fucking punks and wannabe gangsters thought it would be oh so funny to start throwing rocks at the school bus.

now the bus driver refused to come to my bus stop, so i was left waiting there for hours and ended up walking all the way home, i missed school today i missed my favorite class.

sorry to hear that

but like i said in another thread in the off topic section

"the 2000's are flat out shitty times"
                                and thats because there's a bunch of shitty people out there who make it that way

but chrisredfield29

sorry to hear that, theres nothing on this earth i hate more than cancer
                                ive no so many people who has or had it and ive known dozens who have
                                passed away from it, my dad has it in his neck, he has had it for 3 or 4 years
                                he had it when my family was still together (me, my brother, my dad and my mom)
                                when he was diagnosed with it, my mom stopped giving a shit about all of us. my mom
                                started cheating on my dad with 2 guys, while my dad was going through keymo
                                therapy, and she moved out saying she needs some space so she rented a apartment
                                then after 3 months she said she wanted to stay together with my dad, she said she
                                wanted the house painted and we repainted the whole house and changed all the carpets
                                which cost us $2000, then she said she wanted a divorce,

to this day i still hate my mom which i get pissed off every time i hear someone
                                talk about her
                                which i heard my dad mention her about 5 minutes ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X