No announcement yet.

I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just that every part of your body is doing something. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the gearstick, being able to move to the handbrake, left foot on the clutch, right foot switching between accelerator and brake. Jeez. When I was driving I also accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake at one point. Lolololol (Lucky for me there were no pedestrians).
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• The terrible economy we have today pisses me off, hard to find jobs these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        It's just that every part of your body is doing something. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the gearstick, being able to move to the handbrake, left foot on the clutch, right foot switching between accelerator and brake. Jeez. When I was driving I also accidentally pressed the accelerator instead of the brake at one point. Lolololol (Lucky for me there were no pedestrians).
        In EST, you can acquire the licence while driving only on an automatic, but you cant drive a manual once you get the licence, unless you do another driving exam later afterwards.

Im surprised you went into this without preparation, have you never driven a car before? People tend to take it quite seriously here.

Comment

• There was a shooting at my college today. The campus is shut down till Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
            In EST, you can acquire the licence while driving only on an automatic, but you cant drive a manual once you get the licence, unless you do another driving exam later afterwards.

Im surprised you went into this without preparation, have you never driven a car before? People tend to take it quite seriously here.
            No. Instructors like it that way too because they say people who take lessons who've already driven before develop bad habits. The first thing he asked me when I got in the car is "What do you know about driving?" and I said "Nothing", and he said "Excellent". We can't legally drive without a licence anyway so I'm not gonna drive before I take lessons am I? If I'm gonna do a licence I may as well go the full hog and do it manual.

And Vogue.. shit. You okay?

Comment

• Yeah, I wasn't on campus when it happened. But it's still really freaky, you know? Of course it happened in the parking lot I use RIGHT after I left after class.

Comment

• I just read the thread about the brutal beating and rape of a young girl being compared to Resident Evil without any research into the subject matter.

I'm pissed, i wanna kick stuff.

ow.

Comment

• Dude, thank God you're safe!

Munch, link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                    No. Instructors like it that way too because they say people who take lessons who've already driven before develop bad habits. The first thing he asked me when I got in the car is "What do you know about driving?" and I said "Nothing", and he said "Excellent". We can't legally drive without a licence anyway so I'm not gonna drive before I take lessons am I? If I'm gonna do a licence I may as well go the full hog and do it manual.
                    That is odd. The last thing I would want, as an instructor, is someone who doesnt even know what a clutch is.

And you dont need a license to practice. Get a friend, and his car, a nice secluded place and practice some gearshifts, reverse driving and the likes. The basics, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                      That is odd. The last thing I would want, as an instructor, is someone who doesnt even know what a clutch is.

And you dont need a license to practice. Get a friend, and his car, a nice secluded place and practice some gearshifts, reverse driving and the likes. The basics, you know.
                      Common thing in the UK. My instructor told me that and a couple of friends who drive have told me exactly the same thing. I suppose I could ask my grandma to let me drive her car for a bit of practice but still, meh.

Comment

• Alexia, I have to learn on a manual first as well soon, so I'll probaably wind up in the same boat. No worries, with enough practice they say anyone can do it. I mean I question how some drivers I see even HAVE their licenses.
                        Last edited by Inferno04; 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                          Alexia, I have to learn on a manual first as well soon, so I'll probaably wind up in the same boat. No worries, with enough practice they say anyone can do it. I mean I question how some drivers I see even HAVE their licenses.
                          You're telling me about that, I can drive manual or automatic (however, I haven't bothered to get my license yet) and yet I don't see how this dumbass I encountered on my way home from work is a licensed AND paid driver and was YET DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD and swerved out and SHOUTED at everyone else that WE were on the wrong side of the road!

Goddamn it, nobody can drive in my local area.
                          Last edited by Enetirnel; 09-03-2009, 07:20 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Non-blurry Signature Version
                          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• This economy gets worse and worse, the increase of tax% in illinois is supposed to be increase. What a bunch of BS

Comment

• The state's trying to pass a bill in Michigan that will put a higher tax on cigarettes and beer. Normally, I'd be jumping for joy as they call that a "Sin tax". Tax on things that are bad for you. Guess what the fuck else might be taxed as a sin tax?

Soda. Pop. Coke. Whatever you call it, they want to tax it to make more money because of the failing economy. I'm not even pissed by the fact that it'll cost me more.

I'm pissed by the fact that my mom owns a 7-Eleven (convenience store, if someone doesn't know, and she franchised it, so it counts as a small business and not a corporate store) right on college campus, where guess what three things sell most? >_> That shit could cause less sales, and that just makes me so mad. Soda? Really? What's next, chips 'cause they make you fat? Candy because it rots your teeth? Ugh, it just makes me so mad that small businesses are getting fucked over like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                                You're telling me about that, I can drive manual or automatic (however, I haven't bothered to get my license yet) and yet I don't see how this dumbass I encountered on my way home from work is a licensed AND paid driver and was YET DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD and swerved out and SHOUTED at everyone else that WE were on the wrong side of the road!

Goddamn it, nobody can drive in my local area.
                                Oo Was he from another country that drove on the opposite or something?

Moron. >< We mostly have speeders, people who don't use turn signals, and who pull into another lane, RIGHT in front of another car. We see this kind of stuff a lot here.

And it's not even a big town, people here are just stupid and selfish.Same situation huh Ene?

Comment

Working...
                                X