I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    ...of course it's not unfair to blame the men 100%. Let's be honest here - if a woman's walking around naked, you should be calling the loony bin, not dragging her off to have some 'fun'. If she's in sexy clothes you can look. But you don't leer, don't yell, and don't touch. There's no real question here. A man who rapes a woman is 100% at fault 100% of the time, with the only exception being mental illness. There is NO other possible excuse, at all, ever.
    I don't agree. While I would never do such I thing, women have to understand what they're doing when they walk out in a miniskirt and thong.

A man who rapes is to blame, always, BUT the woman isn't the innocent know-nothing object some people make her out to be. If people think you can stop rape with harsher punishment and information to school students they're dead wrong.

Rape will continue as long as men can't control their sexual desires, and women who go out in town wearing next to nothing, sending signals (that they're WELL aware about) that "look at the sexy me". You can call that wrong all you want, it won't change facts.

There is rape on older people too, I know, but that's a minority. If women want to minimize the risk of being raped, they shouldn't put on clothes that screams sex appeal. It's just for their own good.

Comment

• So women can't wear what they choose because men might find it sexy and have a hard time resisting those impulses? God forbid some loony bastard ever gets a fetish for women who cover up. Or we get warm weather where being head to toe isn't comfortable.

Women should take as much care as they can. Yes, that means not walking down dark alleys in the middle of the night. It shouldn't have to be, but with assholes around precautions must be taken. Then again, so should men. It does happen to us. I assume walking around, bare chest, is also a huge no-no for men in your book as well? And that if they do and do get attacked, the man is responsible for his rape as well?

At the end of the day, though, a woman can dress herself in a suit of armour and still be sexually assaulted - and yes, it has happened, literally. Regardless of what she's wearing it is never, ever the woman's fault. Not one iota. It's the fault of the person attacking her and always will be. Always.

Comment

So women can't wear what they choose because men might find it sexy and have a hard time resisting those impulses? God forbid some loony bastard ever gets a fetish for women who cover up. Or we get warm weather where being head to toe isn't comfortable.

Women should take as much care as they can. Yes, that means not walking down dark alleys in the middle of the night. It shouldn't have to be, but with assholes around precautions must be taken. Then again, so should men. It does happen to us. I assume walking around, bare chest, is also a huge no-no for men in your book as well? And that if they do and do get attacked, the man is responsible for his rape as well?

At the end of the day, though, a woman can dress herself in a suit of armour and still be sexually assaulted - and yes, it has happened, literally. Regardless of what she's wearing it is never, ever the woman's fault. Not one iota. It's the fault of the person attacking her and always will be. Always.
        If I walk around bare chested, YES, I'm aware of what signals I send out to the opposite sex. If women could rape men, I would think the same way. We're responsible for what we're wearing and how it's conceived by other people around us. A man who rape is a bad person, but a woman who takes no responsibilty in her way of dressing ALSO is a bad person.

When women walk around in mini skirts, they are WELL AWARE of what they're doing, but they want to eat the cake and keeping it at the same time.

Plus, many women actually have fantazies about being raped:

This study evaluated the rape fantasies of female undergraduates (N = 355) using a fantasy checklist that reflected the legal definition of rape and a sexual fantasy log that included systematic prompts and self-ratings. Results indicated that 62% of women have had a rape fantasy, which is somewhat …

So it's not completely unnatural either.

Comment

• Fantasy is not reality. I said in another thread I know a woman with this fetish, and she wants nothing to do with being raped for real. The fantasy is about domination and control, but in the end of the day it's just that - a fantasy.

Women can rape men. It's unusual and difficult, but it is possible. And of course men can also rape men. But saying the person's clothes are responsible is utter bollocks. That's like saying it's a woman's fault for dying her hair blonde and getting raped by a guy who likes blonde hair - she should never have touched that bottle. I'm sorry, but if you see a lady in a short skirt and think, 'Well, the skirt means she clearly wants me no matter much she yells no, please don't hurt me' then you need help. Not that the woman needs a better wardrobe.

And let's be clear here - rape happened before revealing clothes were socially acceptable. It happened when clothes hadn't been invented. If, tomorrow, a blizzard sweeps the globe and everyone has to dress up warm it's still going to happen. If a guy is a mind to rape a woman, he'll find one that catches his eye, and THAT is where the revealing clothes become an issue. Without them he'll just choose be hair colour or height or something else.

Comment

Fantasy is not reality. I said in another thread I know a woman with this fetish, and she wants nothing to do with being raped for real. The fantasy is about domination and control, but in the end of the day it's just that - a fantasy.

Women can rape men. It's unusual and difficult, but it is possible. And of course men can also rape men. But saying the person's clothes are responsible is utter bollocks. That's like saying it's a woman's fault for dying her hair blonde and getting raped by a guy who likes blonde hair - she should never have touched that bottle. I'm sorry, but if you see a lady in a short skirt and think, 'Well, the skirt means she clearly wants me no matter much she yells no, please don't hurt me' then you need help. Not that the woman needs a better wardrobe.

And let's be clear here - rape happened before revealing clothes were socially acceptable. It happened when clothes hadn't been invented. If, tomorrow, a blizzard sweeps the globe and everyone has to dress up warm it's still going to happen. If a guy is a mind to rape a woman, he'll find one that catches his eye, and THAT is where the revealing clothes become an issue. Without them he'll just choose be hair colour or height or something else.
            Hmm... that's an interesting viewpoint. Let me ask you:

What do you think of people who fantazies about raping children, but then tell you they would never do it IRL? What do you think about such people?

If I see a short skirt on an attractive woman, I think "OK, that women know she's sexy and likes to show it off".

Rape has always been part of humanity, but lately when women dress like skanks it doesn't make things any better. It's like asking for trouble.

Why is that so fucking hard to understand for women? They know what they're doing, it's like they think a debate can stop rape. That's ridicolous.

Comment

• Oskar, I suggest you tone down your sexist comments. It's beginning to irritate me. "Why is that so fucking hard to understand for women", you seem to have completely ignored everything Darkmoon has already said to you. Women should be allowed to wear what they want and what makes them feel pretty. It isn't saying "Men, rape me now, please". And while I don't swear mini-skirts personally, I have every right to without men thinking it gives them the right to do what they want. If they ever tried, I hope they are prepared for serious injury.

Comment

• I'm not a woman. Perhaps Alexia or one of the others can address why they feel perfectly justified in dressing a particular way. But I will say it shouldn't matter. A woman that wears clothes she likes and she finds comfortable should be safe, regardless. That should be all that matters.

If someone fantasied about kids, I'd be disturbed. I'd suggest them to go get help, and I'd want nothing to do with them until they did. But I wouldn't beat them up or anything silly either. Fantasy is not reality, and so long as it stays in there heads I couldn't really care less. The moment it moves beyond fantasy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  Oskar, I suggest you tone down your sexist comments. It's beginning to irritate me. "Why is that so fucking hard to understand for women", you seem to have completely ignored everything Darkmoon has already said to you. Women should be allowed to wear what they want and what makes them feel pretty. It isn't saying "Men, rape me now, please". And while I don't swear mini-skirts personally, I have every right to without men thinking it gives them the right to do what they want. If they ever tried, I hope they are prepared for serious injury.
                  How is it sexist to describe reality?

But go on and dress like skanks all you like, and then whine when you get raped.

What you don't seem to understand is that no debate and no punishment in the whole world will stop rape. I strongly believe there would be LESS rape if women took responsibility for their dressing.

Maybe you live in a dream world, I don't know.

Comment

• It isn't reality. You're talking about women as if they're a different species entirely who should have to cover themselves from head to toe to avoid making themselves even slightly attractive to men, like in countries where female circumcision and Sharia law is all the rage. The 1500s want their views back. I don't know where I've ever said anything about debate or punishment stopping rape, stop putting your own words in my mouth. 90% of your posts today have been sexist and that isn't desirable or acceptable behaviour on this site.

Comment

• As I said, the amount of rape isn't going to change, simply the targets. If someone is happy to do such a vile, selfish thing then they're going to do so, and they'll simply choose a different target if there aren't any sexily dressed women available.

Comment

As I said, the amount of rape isn't going to change, simply the targets. If someone is happy to do such a vile, selfish thing then they're going to do so, and they'll simply choose a different target if there aren't any sexily dressed women available.
                        I believe the amount of rape would go down if women stopped dressing like sluts.

But maybe they prefer their fantasy, ideal world where you can dress however you want without taking any consequenses.

It's sad, because they're just making it worse form themselves in the end.

Comment

• Or if the men who actually did rape people learned to be more like people and less like cunts, then rape would go down also.

Comment

Or if the men who actually did rape people learned to be more like people and less like cunts, then rape would go down also.
                            You think that will happen in reality? Or do you just HOPE it will happen?

Comment

• Really don't give a shit to be honest. Men are responsible for rape, not women. Women aren't going to change the way they dress unless it's for fashion purposes (not all women dress like sluts y'know), and rapists are never going to stop raping.

Comment

Really don't give a shit to be honest. Men are responsible for rape, not women. Women aren't going to change the way they dress unless it's for fashion purposes (not all women dress like sluts y'know), and rapists are never going to stop raping.
                                This kind of reminds me of the Palestina conflict. Neither side will budge and war will go on for another 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X