No announcement yet.

Spider-Man 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney owns Marvel and all their characters really. Stan Lee is still the guy that helped create these characters, but he doesn't really have any real say on the films. Its just how it is :/.

Comment

• First Official Clip from movie released

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

All I can say is "meh." Does nothing to convince me this could be decent.
      sigpic

Comment

• ...except that Garfield is a better pick for Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire ever was.

Comment

• Opinion denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
            ...except that Garfield is a better pick for Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire ever was.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	4653720279_db6547d91a_o.png
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	400911

Tobey Maguire epitomized everything Peter Parker was: nerdy, average, a decent guy who has a lot of bad shit happen to him. His cheesiness recalled the awesome 90s animated series.

Garfield's version is apparently "dark and brooding" which is not what Peter Parker is supposed to be. That's Batman or The Punisher.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Actually Garfields version looks more like they're doing the isolated character who keeps himself away from others and is an outcast because of that. This is just a different variant of the same character that Marvel tried out at one point that would appeal more to todays audience.

Maguires Parker really felt like a normal geeky kid, this Parker feels like a 'rebel' in how hes presented, cant say I really like that appraoch.

Peter was first and foremost a nerd, he loved science and he was treated like less because of it.
              I don't see any of that in this Peter Parker.

Comment

• Dark and brooding? Did you guys watch the same trailers I've seen? The scene in the back of the car with the carjacker and the comment about the 'intimidating doorman' are the epitome of Spider-Man with his sarcasm and witty wisecracks, while not sounding completely lame. I'm glad that this movie is taking things more seriously because Raimi's movies(I re-watched them recently)while being great in their own right, were way too cheesy. Half of the shit Spider-Man said in those movies sounded completely retarded. "You're the one who's out, Gobby -- out of your mind!" Too much. And don't even get me started on Spider-Man 3.

To top it all off, Garfield looks the part more than Maguire ever did. While he's older than Maguire was when he starred in the original movie, he looks a lot younger than his age. Maguire always looked way too old for the part, especially considering it started with Pete in high school.
                Last edited by Vector; 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                  The scene in the back of the car with the carjacker and the comment about the 'intimidating doorman' are the epitome of Spider-Man with his sarcasm and witty wisecracks, while not sounding completely lame.
                  What about the other trailers with him moping around and pouting? -_-

Comment

• Final Trailer
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      What about the other trailers with him moping around and pouting? -_-
                      To be fair, Spidey was sexually abused in the comics as a kid, so... dark and brooding... seems more fitting.

Fun fact of the day, brought to you by Cracked.com!

There's something to be said about the sacred nature of a superhero's origin story. It's the one thing that Hollywood won't mess with. (Unless it's too disturbing to put on camera.)

Comment

• ...NOPE. Just NOPE!

Comment

Working...
                        X