Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 = Resident Evil 4 (Arguing in here! - Keep it civil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 = Resident Evil 4 (Arguing in here! - Keep it civil)

By waiting, you can appreciate the Unofficial Cover realized by DeathSpawn11.

Bit early for a countdown...

Comment

Lol Prime Blue.

You put it best

Comment

I'm not so sure I'm gonna bother buying BH 5 anymore... Looks to be nothing but BH 4 in Africa. Capcom have run out of idea's, and are now copying characters like Salvador and giving them a facelift. And those El Gigantes?

Fuck you Takeuchi. [probably spelled wrong].

Comment

I dunno either. I'm probably gonna wait for impressions from American players and see. A lot of you guys think a lot like me, so you'll let me know if there's too much RE4 for the games own good. I'll buy it, eventually, but if it's RE4 with next gen graphics despite what's been said then I'll wait a couple of months then grab it second hand.

Comment

Well I wasn't supposed to buy this game anyway. I will just laugh at it.
            I'm heading into TR series, which seems more faithful to it's plot than RE.
            The only reason i'm curious about RE5 is about how they're going to mess up with the plot.
            And of course, Jill's reason to be apparently dead.

Comment

I think RE5 will be just fine, and regardless of what many you might say, I think you all are going to purchase it.

Comment

I'm sick of all the nay-saying. RE5 will be awesome, I don't care what anyone says. RE4 was awesome also. Anyone who says otherwise is a blind fanboy whose hatred for Leon extends so far as to hate a game he stars in, or is ridiculously devoted to Resident Evil's "old school" archaic and clunky gameplay. Sure, there was no T-Virus or G-Virus or zombies or whatever, and yeah, the storyline was pretty bad, but it was a breath of fresh air into a series that really needed it. If you can't appreciate RE4 for what it was and RE5 for what it will be, then you're not a real fan of Resident Evil. Being faithful to the originals is fine and all, but calling yourself a fan of the series and not picking up RE5 because of a change in direction? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anyway...I like that picture. If that was the cover, I wouldn't mind at all. Looks pretty damn bad-ass.
                Last edited by Vector; 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Not a good idea to be arguing who is and who isn't a fan of RE. Obviously everyone is here for RE...now as to how or why each person is a fan ultimately is a personal choice.

I am optimistic for RE5. As long as Chris & Sheva adhere to the laws of physics, the stale corny one-liners go on hiatus, and the STORY is actually worthwhile & compelling - the game will be a blast.

Comment

My point is, if you call yourself a fan of Resident Evil, you should be playing RE5 - end of discussion. It's an extension of the official storyline -- it's not a side-game like Outbreak or Dead Aim -- it's Resident Evil with a number at the end. If you're a fan, I don't understand how you can't play the game, no matter if you hated RE4 or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      I'm sick of all the nay-saying. RE5 will be awesome, I don't care what anyone says. RE4 was awesome also. Anyone who says otherwise is a blind fanboy whose hatred for Leon extends so far as to hate a game he stars in, or is ridiculously devoted to Resident Evil's "old school" archaic and clunky gameplay. Sure, there was no T-Virus or G-Virus or zombies or whatever, and yeah, the storyline was pretty bad, but it was a breath of fresh air into a series that really needed it. If you can't appreciate RE4 for what it was and RE5 for what it will be, then you're not a real fan of Resident Evil. Being faithful to the originals is fine and all, but calling yourself a fan of the series and not picking up RE5 because of a change in direction? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anyway...I like that picture. If that was the cover, I wouldn't mind at all. Looks pretty damn bad-ass.
                      ...you know, I really, really hate it when people announce I'm not a fucking fan of the series because I don't worship everything about RE4. Alright, allow me to ask you this. So far no one has actually bothered trying to answer this one, so since you apparently know what a true fan is maybe you can.

I got into Re for three reasons. First, the main one, it was scary as hell. Secondly, I enjoyed exploring. Third, the puzzles were amusing and challenging.

Now, RE4 is not scary. The Regenerators are creepy and the first appearence of some of the enemies intimiadatinf but, because you know by 1/4 of the way through the game that you have enough ammo to kill Texas they're not that scary. There are no puzzles to speak of bar the one behind the church. And there is no exploration, period.

Ergo...it has none of the factors that make me enjoy Resident Evil. So why the blue hell, when Capcom make an action game and slap Resident Evil on the box and a couple of RE characters in the game should I think it's the most awesome game ever?

And before folks start telling me I should get over zombies, or I'll never have the old controls, I completely agree. The new control scheme is excellent and fun to play. And zombies I can live without, assuming the replacement enemy is better...which the Ganados failed to be. My problem is this:

They didn't need to, in my opinion, dumb the game down. There could have been exploration elements retained. The puzzles could certainly have been improved. For crying out loud it's a village of possesed people controlled by a pranoid ego maniac. You don't think strange puzzles are possible in those circumstances? They took them out because without the exploration and the increase ina action they had no place.

As for why the game simply isn't as scary as the old one, which Capcom virtually admits when they talk about making RE5 more scary...well, simply put, a zombie can kill you. A single Ganado can't. They're too stupid. They have to swarm you and with a half decent position you can knife most of them to death. Hopefully this time they'll make the things smart enough to actually be scary, although I doubt it from what I hear.

The game could have been scary, though. RE3.5's videos show that.

So...tell me this: With the elements I, and many others, like removed from the series why, exactly, do we have to love RE4 or not be a part of the series?

Comment

I'm not getting involved in this mess!

I am OUTTA here...I have a sexy party to attend.

Comment

What is this, an I hate Resident Evil thread? Why all the hating on RE5? I could care less of how similar it is to RE4, besides RE5's story seems alot more better than 4's. I dont see any reason to not be excited about it.

Comment

Well, I'm not hating on RE5. On the other hand the fact that it's ganados again, whatever there name, doesn't make me all tingly either. If the horror and puzzle elements, as promised, are returned then excellent. If it's ganados in the hundreds being mowed down while they stand a few feet away, saying, 'Run those last few feet when I can stand here like a moron? NEVER!' then I'll buy it second hand instead, because I won't waste money on a horror game that isn't scary.

It's the simple for me.

Comment

I was actually referring to what Jill Lover and Twist said. I dont think the series is falling apart, or that RE5's plot will fail. The Resident Evil series has always done well, RE4 won numerous Game of the Year awards, and Umbrella Chronicles did reasonably well. I highly doubt this game will be a flat out disappointment. But its their opinion.
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X