Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 = Resident Evil 4 (Arguing in here! - Keep it civil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, okay. I just don't get why some people are so anti-RE5. I don't get it but I try to respect it.

Bottom line is, I'll pick up the game on launch day, play it, beat it, and most likely have an absolute blast playing it.

Comment

Alot of people hate RE4, and I can understand why.
      But it was not a bad game, obviously since it won numerous game of the year awards, etc.
      RE0 was a complete disaster, a good example of how the continuous zombie plots were starting to wear thin. The series needed a change and RE4 was that change. As for RE5 looking the same as 4, so what? With RE4 being such a success, it was somewhat obvious that Capcom would do something similar to 5. What do you all think would have happend if RE4 had slow moving zombies? Most probibly it would definitely not have recieved the amount of fame the RE4 we know today has gotten. It is quite obvious RE5 has the same game mechanic as 4, same enemies, but the same can be said about 0, 1, 2, 3, and CV, all the same.
      Basically you should give the game a chance when it comes out, before you criticize. Most people complained that 4's story was off track, and had nothing to do with the series main story, now RE5 seems to be back on the main storyline and its still not good enough?
      Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        Wow, okay. I just don't get why some people are so anti-RE5. I don't get it but I try to respect it.

Bottom line is, I'll pick up the game on launch day, play it, beat it, and most likely have an absolute blast playing it.
        Well that's the difference. Not only did I not like RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles, but I found that the more I played them, the more they started ruining the rest of the series to me.
        I could've force-fed myself RE4, UC, and RE5, eating up that horrible excuse for a storyline that Capcom has turned RE into, but that would've only left me not wanting to play the older RE games anymore, because every time I'd play the remake, I'd imagine that a few hours before this, some idiot named Sergei took ANOTHER B.O.W. out of the lab and dragged it away as a Tyrant slapped a bunch of dogs around. And every time I'd play RE2, I'd imagine that in a few years, Leon would be doing backflips to dodge lasers, as he's trying to save the President's daughter from a cult of parasites.
        And this started ruining Resident Evil for me. So I made a conscious decision to cut it off. I sold off my RE4 and my Umbrella Chronicles, and as far as I'm concerned those games never happened.

This of course means that anything that refers to those events never happened either, including Degeneration and RE5.
        So, in order for me to retain what love I had for Resident Evil, and I mean the REAL Resident Evil, with fixed camera angles, zombies, T-Virus, ink ribbons, scarce ammo, and all those things that I fell in love with in the first place... In order to retain my love for them, I had to cut myself off from that which ruined it for me.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs on you, so you go ahead and enjoy RE5. I would physically be unable to enjoy it. So instead of sitting there, pretending like I love it just because I want to prove that I'm a Resident Evil fan, and am loyal to Capcom, like they honestly care, I went in another direction.
        I am a loyal fan of Resident Evil. I've simply got some fundamental beliefs about what Resident Evil should be about. About what it means to ME. And unfortunately, half the reason I play games is for the storyline, so I can't just put in RE5, skip all the cinematics and play it for the action or what have you, because that would be pointless in my book. And like I said, I refuse to expose myself to anymore of Capcom's Resident Evil rape. Not gonna rent it, not gonna watch a playthrough of it, not gonna read about it, or bother listening to what my friends have to say about it.
        As far as I'm concerned, Resident Evil 5 does not exist.

Comment

In this day and age of modern gaming we expect to see different enemies in every single new game not rehashes of the old ones it creates no challenge whatsoever it's part of the reason why I never liked RE3 cos Nemesis was just a rehash of Mr. X and with RE5 we get the crappy chainsaw guy and El Gigante again it's not good enough it's just Capcom being plain lazy it looks like they've reused Salazar and Osmund too for that water creature.
          Basically I want brand new boss types introduced in each new game.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-30-2008, 10:38 PM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I can live with old enemies re-used. I really don't think it makes sense that, every time, you have to have a bunch of brand new enemies. My problem is the ganados were flawed to begin with and nothing has apparently been done to improve them except add more. We know enemies can be smarter than this. Look at other titles. Given the fact these, technically, aren't Ganados (they're most likely virally infected ones, but still, they are different) should have been all the excuse they needed to change them around a bit. Instead now they can attack you during the day as well...which means they have to show up near the start or it makes no damned sense for them to be hidden.

As for re-using El Gigante, and possibly Salazar, though...those are a little less forgivable. Both really should have been unique to four.

Comment

I'm hoping that they are still working on some of the aspects of the AI. As for Sheva, you can always request the ammo/Gun from her.

The only thing I noticed that was different about the ganados were that they don't hurt you when you've been grabbed but they do try that horrid tentacle-mouth thing.

As for gameplay, it would have been nice to see something new but then again RE1 and 2 are practically the same engine, just with more enemies on screen and a different story. Hopefully the story saves RE5.

Comment

The simple, normal Ganados were really dumb enemies, hands down. They were not frightening, added no excitement to the game, and didn't make me miss zombies any less.

Zombies were beings that pursued you mindlessly, fueled by their lust for flesh. Ganados ran at you, then slowed to a walk as they made their final approach, allowing themselves to be easy targets. They used knives, pitchforks, dynamite, flaming crossbows. *Yawn* Only when their heads were blown apart, did they occasionally sprout the dangerous tentacles. Even if they grabbed you, it really didn't deter you too much as you could knock them loose & either kill the one that grabbed you in one hit or shove the entire lot back a few feet.

The good enemies in RE4 were all the non-plain Ganados: infected dog, chainsaw maniac, garrador, etc.

Then again, with as much ammo as you found in RE4, I guess that zombies wouldn't have been too threatening either.

What I am trying to say is that the AI for the Ganados was pathetic. It really, really brought the game down a level. I was hoping it would be fixed for RE5. Basic Zombies are pretty much the same as the basic Ganado. Really, when you think about it - crimson heads as the standard enemies would make for a truly frightening game. You'd constantly be on the run and could not stay still. I think the developers had it right in the very first RE5 trailer, with the quick moving enemies ala "Dawn of the Dead" (Remake). They should have stuck with that formula. But its cool...now I can waltz around Africa and have manjini - or whatever they're called - shoot flaming crossbow bolts at me while I mow them down with an AK-47. *sigh*

(Please let the story be redeeming, please let the story be redeeming, please let the story be redeeming...)

I am still excited for RE5. It is the game I have been waiting for. My favorite character is back in the lead role, the gameplay from RE4 (the only thing I enjoyed from that game) has been improved upon *fingers crossed*, and it looks like Capcom has put A LOT of care into making this game: motion capture, symphonic music, polished cut scenes, amazing graphics, etc. My only concern is that it'll be lacking any scare factor...which is what I miss the most in the RE world.

- And as for all of you saying the RE5 sea creature is just another Salazar boss fight - what is this based on? The assumption that the creature has a hard exterior and opens its "mouth" (?) to expose a weak area to shoot? Something like that is pretty standard fare in a video game shooter...I don't see how it is just a recycled element from RE4.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-31-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

"I think the developers had it right in the very first RE5 trailer, with the quick moving enemies ala "Dawn of the Dead" (Remake). They should have stuck with that formula."

I always think the same, how RE5 would be if they would have sticked to that formula. It would have been a lot scarier than those brainless ganados, that's for sure. I don't know what Capcom meant by saying they were about to put Zombies as main enemies but they were too slow..so it was rejected. Now... are Ganados faster than those ala dawn of the dead zombies they were about to put? I can't figure it out...

Comment

All the Ganados AI really needs is for some to attack you head on whilst a few would run past you and either get you from your sides or behind as unfortunately if they aren't at your sides/back to begin with, they just gather infront of you making it easier to head shoot/Action the group. Though 5 does have "Plagas" from the beginning which would make it a little more difficult. Then again once you start Knifing/Macheteing them on 5, they never touch you unlike 4s where they'll get a swing in.

Either way I'll get 5, then make Elza and Saddler for the PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post

I don't know what Capcom meant by saying they were about to put Zombies as main enemies but they were too slow..so it was rejected.
                      They actually said that zombies were boring, and even though I agree, however the ganados weren't that exciting either.... Now a game with Veridgos everywhere would be scary!
                      Last edited by beasley23803; 10-31-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

If they didn't want to put zombies into Resident Evil, they should've just ended the franchise, instead of turning the storyline into something so terrible. That's like saying you don't want to put armed soldiers into a Rambo movie, or not putting cyborgs into Terminator.
                        Resident Evil wasn't exactly ABOUT zombies, but zombies were the foundation for Resident Evil. They were the essential aspect that defined it.

So if they didn't want to put sombies, if zombies were boring--which is a crock of shit, zombies are and always will be awesome--then they should've just concluded the franchise, rather than killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                          if zombies were boring--which is a crock of shit, zombies are and always will be awesome--then they should've just concluded the franchise, rather than killed it.
                          Well, in your opinion Zombies are awesome, I and Capcom believe other wise. If you feel that zombies are so significant than why not play other zombie related games. I got into the series because I liked the story, characters, and it used to scare me, Not because of a few zombies. Oh well, have fun with SILENT HILL!
                          Last edited by beasley23803; 10-31-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

^I agree, the series does not revolve around zombies. After RE2, I became more interested in the story and the characters, rather than just zombies. The series just could not have zombies in EVERY other game, then the story would be forced to follow the same old zombie plots. Zombies were cool, but how the zombies were being involved in the series was getting old. I mean, how many viral outbreaks could you have without it getting tiring, and boring. Its just not possible. There are many fans out there who just love the series no matter what, even if the enemies were evil rosie o'donnell clones. Just as long as the story stays true to the series. I'll agree RE4 did not stay true to the series, but RE5 seems like it does. Im more interested in Chris's story, and the other characters in RE5 rather than the absence of zombies. So just because our slow-moving friends are not in the series doesnt mean it all has to end for the fans who enjoy the series regardless.
                            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

^ You, my friend are right on! Especially when you said, "There are many fans out there who just love the series no matter what, even if the enemies were evil rosie o'donnell clones. Just as long as the story stays true to the series."

I believe we fall in that category! It amazes me how closed minded some so called fans are, that they would put off an entire series just because capcom wanted fresher ideads..

And btw, Nice Avatar!
                              Last edited by beasley23803; 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Well, my opinion is this...I'll stay true to the series so long as the series stays true to me. I'm not gonna sit there and love everything with the RE logo just because it has the RE logo on it. I don't like the movies, or Gaiden. If they make a crap game with the RE logo...I don't buy it. It's that simple.

It's like any relationship...Capcom expects us to give, but they have to give in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X