No announcement yet.

The MERCENARIES Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Canas, nice! Most people have a preferred character or two, but you seem to be pretty proficient with them all.

What's the best course of action for getting 150 combos? When you start, is it best to first run around and collect all the time bonuses and open the chests with combo bonuses (for easy access later) before killing any enemies?

I've seen some YouTube vids, but I don't have the patience to constantly be setting up melee attacks - is this needed to get the extra time to finish a 150 combo, or can I just blast away with my shotgun?

In the end, though, I don't care so much about the leaderboard rank as I do getting the 5,000 points. I think if you wipe all the enemies off the map (150) you should get more than 5,000 points, anyway.
    Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• 150,000 points gets you a SS on Duo. So yeah, even just killing everyone on the map without worrying about combo will do that for you. However, to get that many people to spawn, you're going to need time. For high scores, you have to start the combo as soon as possible, and maintain it while going to get the time bonuses. Each second you have at the end of a round is an extra 1,000 points, and that's why melees are so important. You want to keep the timer up around 6.5-7.5 minutes, which means you have to have fast melees and do them constantly.

Comment

• Who has the most effective melee move, in both regular Mercs and in Reunion?
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Headshot with a pistol/machine gun followed up by a melee one-hit-kill in Reunion: Chris, Sheva, Barry, Josh, Rebecca. Excella's hit or miss sometimes, I've noticed. Chris's Straight, Barry's Headbutt, Josh's Hammer, Rebecca's Flame Spray are all pretty much one-hit kills. Very scarcely you'll run into a Majini who's seemingly tougher than usual and won't die in one hit, or they'll sprout a Cephalo or Duvalia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            Headshot with a pistol/machine gun followed up by a melee one-hit-kill in Reunion: Chris, Sheva, Barry, Josh, Rebecca. Excella's hit or miss sometimes, I've noticed. Chris's Straight, Barry's Headbutt, Josh's Hammer, Rebecca's Flame Spray are all pretty much one-hit kills. Very scarcely you'll run into a Majini who's seemingly tougher than usual and won't die in one hit, or they'll sprout a Cephalo or Duvalia.
            Only Business Suit Sheva, though. And Excella's only hit-or-miss with the machine gun. With her handgun, you're guaranteed a one-hit kill.

Edit: And I was just using Josh while someone was using Business Suit Sheva, and his move that changes is his hammer blow. It becomes the Maximum Straight. Basically he winds up and plows them in the face.
            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• About scores...Rosetta and I play to best our personal scores, we couldn't care less about leaderboards and world bests and shit like that. Last night was our first 150 combo, a very proud moment for us. We don't care enough to 'boost' to get scores in the 800k's by gathering all the time and extending combo time as it runs out and all that shit -- that wouldn't be fun. The whole point of the game is fun.

Just wanted to get that out there.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Edit: And I was just using Josh while someone was using Business Suit Sheva, and his move that changes is his hammer blow. It becomes the Maximum Straight. Basically he winds up and plows them in the face.
              Yeah...I love that move. He does a complete 360 and fuckin' rails Majini in the mouth.

Comment

• So if I collect time first and then start to kill majini ... is that a good move to get a high combo, because they would keep spawning? Seeing people here scoring 800k and more makes me feel disappointed about myself with my 300-400k rankings. I thought I was good, lol.

Comment

• Nah, you're only getting 800k+ if you get full 150-combos. Ideally, you want to get all the times while killing Majini, to save more time that would be lost just running to all the timers. Which requires a lot of coordination. Then there are the different spawn areas. Everywhere but the Prison, people will have to normally stay separated in the map to keep spawns going, as once you kill Majini in one area, they'll spawn in another area only if you're there.

Example: In The Mines, it's best for one person to actually stay in the mines while another is out in the big main room, as these are the two areas where Majini will spawn. Just focus on staying alive. And, as CR29 put it, fucking railing Majini in the mouth. ...With your fists, of course. *cough*

Also, CR29, it is still fun. Lots of fun, actually. You really have to try and survive and the constant ticking of your clock keeps one on the edge of your seat. That's what makes it fun.

Comment

• Just downloaded the Reunion yesterday its awesome getting SS ranks is easier too, due to the fact the Majini are everywhere, so I keep a combo going. I had a 135 combo going in the mines until one of the dogs with the split head attack and killed me while i was reloading ... ... not cool man

Comment

• I've been playing a bit more of Rebecca over the past few days. Is it me, or does something about her model look really odd? In both selection menus, her face seems so... off... and compared to the others characters (especially Barry), she just seems less polished and presentable during actual gameplay.

Comment

• I will say for the best team Josh and Bussines or Fairy Tale Sheva are the best/

I've almost get all the SS for every charater I've only got the Experimental Facility and Ship stage to get all SS but half the times I've got to play with radom players and half of them are stupid they follow me every were all ways use the best guns on the nomal emimes and they never have any ammo for the min boss's and get them selfs killed or ruin the combo but when im on with my freinds I do pritty well Im going have to recheck my scores again to see were I am.

Comment

• I found some random dude and I'm astonished, we got SS on Village, Experimental Factory, Ship Deck and the Ruins level.
                          This is why I love Becky. <3
                          Last edited by Gradon; 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• I tried to keep up a combo with someone to reach the 150 ... but it is so damn hard! How do I get that if I play alone?

Comment

• By praying. And moving. And not dying. I don't think I could ever do it.

Comment

• has anyone noticed, that in the Village stage (XBOX360), there're few players who have a 156 combo!!! wtf?? O_O

Comment

Working...
                                X