Darkside Chronicles Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    MOTHER F****** arms through the barricade. I can't believe they got me with that gag in a rail-shooter.
    I'll admit, that got me too. Those arms only shows up during the return trip of that hallway in the original

Comment

Ada Cutscene

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Looking good. Although what's with her one arm at the start, it looks strange

Comment

Ugh. Why must all of these cutscenes be so fucking ridiculously cheesy?

Comment

That cutscene looks like it came out of the movies :/

Comment

Ugh... why the hell do they try so hard to make all those characters act badass :|. Why can't Leon, Claire and Ada act like normal civilians in those CGI (RE2 intro with Claire throwing burning zombie and than throwing a knife - in slow motion - into another zombie's chest and now Ada kicking cerberus).

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              Ugh. Why must all of these cutscenes be so fucking ridiculously cheesy?
              I know, what next? Is Sherry going to drop kick William in the face in slow motion while action music plays in the background?

I would pay to see that acually...

Comment

cool cutscene
                Spoiler:

Comment

The scene is cool, but a little over-the-top.

My guess is that RE2 Ada was this bad-ass, but that technology at the time couldn't properly show it. Also, it's a rail shooter summary of the stories - some things have to be spiced up due to the fact that the player has such restricted freedom.
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

The FMV's look good detail wise, but suffer from some pretty shit cartoony animation.

Just like Umbrella Chronicles no less.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      My guess is that RE2 Ada was this bad-ass, but that technology at the time couldn't properly show it.
                      Yes, but until the big revealing from Annette ("Now, where’s that spy you were working with earlier, you know who I’m talking about.") we, and especially Leon, were meant to believe that Ada was just a simple civilian. And it's really hard to achieve that when you're seeing such scenes :|.

Also, on one hand the game wants to be scary but on the other hand, it throws over-the-top actions like this left and right :/. It's really disconnected.
                      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-01-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        Yes, but until the big revealing from Annette ("Now, where’s that spy you were working with earlier, you know who I’m talking about.") we, and especially Leon, were meant to believe that Ada was just a simple civilian. And it's really hard to achieve that when you're seeing such scenes :|.
                        Maybe they figured since she's not exactly dressed like a normal civilian (seriously, you'd think they would have at the very least removed the "tactical" gear), they might as well go for broke, ha.

Comment

What exactly was so bad about the original "meet Ada" scene that they decided to turn it into... *that*... when retelling the story? -__-

Comment

To be honest if they are gonna fill it with scenes like that then i am glad they are never going to remake RE2. That was a Paul WS Anderson directed shot!
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

A 30-second long advertisement for the game has appeared on IGN. I saw it while waiting for the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie trailer to load. It shows several new cg scenes, mostly involving boss monsters, and it's set to Manuela's song.

Comment

Marvin: *covered in blood*
                                Leon: You Ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X