No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like the US boxart better. The PAL one is very nice, but I agree with News Bot about how it doesn't exactly fit the theme of the game. That, and I still think Claire's expression is really fucking scary. She looks possessed.

Comment

Ignoring the slightly strange look on Claire's face; Definitively the PAL one.

Clever contrast (ab)use. Strangely reminds me a bit of the EU Outbreak box arts. Maybe a bit artsy, but doesn't seem to alienate anyone. If you want to analyze it, it clearly leaves traces/hints of what type of game it is. Clearly shows that someone had an idea, and also that someone actually took a fracture of their own time to put it together. Thankfully keeps a distance from the templates various US publishers tend to dust off everytime they have something they want to release...

Comment

I prefer the NA art. The PAL one just seems a bit thrown-together in comparison. Not that it's bad; I still like it, but the colors on the NA version are more identifiable with the type of game it is.
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I think they both look ok.
          I like Claire's expression on the PAL box and the design with the shattered glass is a nice touch. The US box is a more traditional RE style cover.

I'm probably gonna import a US version, just to save myself waiting another 10 days but I might also grab a local PAL version when it drops in price.

What is it about white PAL box art for RE games?
          Yes, there are exceptions but does anyone else see a trend here? (below pic- line 1 ntsc, line 2 PAL)

"it don't matter if you're black or white" M.J. (not sure if he was ntsc or pal)
          Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure if Rodrigo will be in the game though. I didn't think of that when I wrote those stuffs down.

either way i've added in the preorder stuffs and official links to the 1st post.

Comment

I like the NA one, the Pal one is ruined with the white background. Also I thought the Pal cover was updated to include Krauser?

Comment

I thought so too. I'm pretty sure I saw a version of PAL cover with Steve and Krauser, but I can't find it anywhere now.

Comment

And here it is:

It seems it's a Japanese cover then.

Comment

Nice cover but WTF is up with Claire's face?
                    sigpic

Comment

^Thank you. For a while, I felt like I was the only one bothered by it. It's just not an attractive expression on poor Claire.

Comment

PAL > Jap > US

The Japanese one is way too clustered, and Steve and Leon look way too similar.

But god damn, this game can't come soon enough.

Comment

Found a new gameplay video showing the beginning of the RPD section from the RE2 scenario, complete with Marvin's introduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgXFHetIKY

Found a new gameplay video showing the beginning of the RPD section from the RE2 scenario, complete with Marvin's introduction.
                            HOLY SHIT NOSTALGIAGASM

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgXFHetIKY

MOTHER F****** arms through the barricade. I can't believe they got me with that gag in a rail-shooter.
                              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                                MOTHER F****** arms through the barricade. I can't believe they got me with that gag in a rail-shooter.
                                Your not the only one who neary had to get a heart by past I still fell for it evan though I knew it happen in the Original.

Comment

Working...
                                X