No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's different about the controls? I thought they'd be the same as the ps2 version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      What's different about the controls? I thought they'd be the same as the ps2 version.
      The way they mapped the controls is different. You use the X button to run instead of using the square button.
      Last edited by Pikminister; 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        The way they mapped the controls is different. You use the X button to run instead of using the square button.
        Is that it? I'm playing it on 360 and the controls are just fine for me. A little re adjusting to it from RE5 and I was golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
          Is that it? I'm playing it on 360 and the controls are just fine for me. A little re adjusting to it from RE5 and I was golden.
          Yeah. That's why I said that the controls is something most could get over with little problem.

Yet reviewers keep harping about the controls not being intuitive and whatnot.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• I always wondered why RE5 changed it to begin with. Square to run has been my preference since the original RE.

Comment

• Oh man, I hated it so much when they switched it in RE5, but I've since gotten used to it.

Comment

• It was worse for me in MGS because I spent so much time adjusting to circle being the cancel button only for them to westernize the controls in MGS4 and Peace Walker. I wonder how the controls will fare in those HD releases.

Comment

It was worse for me in MGS because I spent so much time adjusting to circle being the cancel button only for them to westernize the controls in MGS4 and Peace Walker. I wonder how the controls will fare in those HD releases.
                  I know how it feels.

Final Fantasy Tactics was the same way, despite it seeming every other entry had "X" as select.

Comment

• And people wonder why I like the Gamecube era of RE games. The controls through that set were consistent.

Comment

And people wonder why I like the Gamecube era of RE games. The controls through that set were consistent.
                      I have to be honest i first got resident evil remake and zero like uuuum what 5 month ago i had a gamecube so i bought resident evil zero for gamecube and because i couldent find remake i bought that for wii ( yes i got a wii also bought it cheap)

well i want to say i felt it to be more easy to controle in re zero than re remake ( are the controles the same or is it just me who sucks at remake ??)

maby its also because i was always use to playstation 1 2 3 controller .. i dont know..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        Do those costumes appear in cut-scenes or are they replaced by default costumes like in Wii version?
                        It's just like the Wii version. They switch back to whatever the default costume is. AT least the R.P.D. costume works!
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          It's just like the Wii version. They switch back to whatever the default costume is. AT least the R.P.D. costume works!
                          I always liked the design of Leons RPD uniform.

Comment

• RE4HD is an absolute horrible remaster on PS3. the control layout is terrible and the increased polygonal textures make the game look worse than RE4 in SD.

plus, it just doesn't have that GC magic during the opening menu. it feels like a rushed project.
                            Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 09-21-2011, 12:55 AM.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• It's now on the European store, for £12 or £6 if you're on PSN+.

Comment

• Or not at all. The EU PSN store is down for an unspecified reason.

Anyway, any visual/audio differences between the PS3/360 version?
                                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X