Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
    RE4HD is an absolute horrible remaster on PS3. the control layout is terrible and the increased polygonal textures make the game look worse than RE4 in SD.

plus, it just doesn't have that GC magic during the opening menu. it feels like a rushed project.
    Have you only played the PS2 version of RE4? Cuz the "new" textures in the HD version are actually the old textures from the GameCube version that were missing from the PS2 version. They added nothing to them. Capcom is too lazy to add stuff to that game. The game is just rendered in HD. That's it.

That's why the reviewers are complaining about the last-gen textures coming in all too clear in HD.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• I've got all the previous versions, i'm just waiting on getting this version as I'm hearing mixed reports of muffled audio on the PS3 version. But then it's on the Gamefaqs forums atm so I always take with a pinch of salt.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
        I've got all the previous versions, i'm just waiting on getting this version as I'm hearing mixed reports of muffled audio on the PS3 version. But then it's on the Gamefaqs forums atm so I always take with a pinch of salt.
        I've read some complains coming from PS3 users on Playstation specific boards. Some of the same complaints showed up at Capcom-Unity's forums. PS3 users not happy with the version they got.

That (and Monster Hunter 4 not making it to the Vita) has some Sony fans thinking that Capcom suddenly hates them for some reason.

Some say that Microsoft likes to pay companies (like Capcom) to give them the best stuff and to make sure their competition gets the fuzzy end of the stick.

Who knows...
        sigpic

Comment

• Damn i got really spoiled by RE5... the controls in RE4 feel weird and outdated.

Comment

• Anyone know if this has being released/announced to be released in the UK on the xbox 360 anytime soon? every damn article i've looked at on the interwebs is from like march/ June this year, and i'm craving cvx

Comment

• Resident Evil 4 HD is available on XBox 360 Live, in the Games on Demand section.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Does anyone know which version of the PRL is in this version of RE4? The one on the PS2 shot in just a straight line, but the one on the Wii shot everything on the screen that was destroyable (including crates, barrels, hidden gems, etc.)

Just curious.
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• The Wii version of it is in there ;)
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• When you play as Ashley in RE4 its the classic camera style view. Im quite amazed that Capcom added that
                    PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Is that revival or psn download?

Comment

• the one thing i noticed is that the "this game contains strong language and scenes of explicit violence and gore" is missing. while it may not be a big deal, it IS a traditional thing to see, especially when it was seen originally first in the GC version but completely absent in the HD version. also, i miss the "letterbox" screening. everything feels too up close.
                        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• I don't miss the letterboxes in the slightest. I do however miss the kick ass openings each version of RE4 had that seem to be excluded from this one.

Comment

• I got an PSN card today as an early Birthday gift, guess what I bought? RE4 HD of course. I started downloading it at 4:30, and it just finished installing about 30 minutes ago. I'm also a recovering trophy whore so this both good and bad for me.

Whew.

EDIT* Just noticed the leaderbords, that's kinda cool. Ah, good o'l technology.
                            Last edited by REmaster; 09-21-2011, 11:09 PM.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              Is that revival or psn download?
                              its Biohazard Revival Selection
                              PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
                                When you play as Ashley in RE4 its the classic camera style view. Im quite amazed that Capcom added that
                                The Japanese version of Bio4 always had that camera style.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X