Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an update for you guys.

I got around to beating Bio4 and have some good news. All the movies in the Movie Viewer are no longer FMV's are now all in game. Now we don't have to suffer from the bad compression of this feature on the Wii and PS2 versions! The Alternate PS2 costumes aren't higher resolution and are the PS2 models. Too bad though.

Also all the PS2 extra's are in there such as ADA THE SPY and THE ANOTHER ORDER. However THE ANOTHER ORDER still has all the FMV videos and they look bad. The new areas in that mission still have the low resolution PS2 models and textures. Also Sadler's monster form in this mission is still low resolution so...

The menu's for The Mercenaries have been re-done and are now high resolution it seems.

As for BioCV all the extra's are intact and I love how the battle game looks in first person with the updated lighting engine! So area's are just so dark and eerie now. The linear launcher for the main game has been slightly tweaked. Now once you fire it, the energy it shoots out now lights up the environment and has a bit of bloom it seems. Maybe it's just added glow but now looks like a miniature Genki Dama from DBZ.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• All good to know as I'm generally only playing through my Japanese versions just to get the extras.

Comment

• So basically it's "HD REvival, where we can be bothered to do so..." :/

Comment

• Just got mine, its amazing, I really love how CV looks, now playing Bio4. Question, when you start a new game, and you select your difficulty, it then asks you another question, does anyone know what its asking?? Please help.

Comment

• Eurogamers review (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...il-4-hd-review) of Resident Evil 4 mentions all the nice fog effects and ambient lighting from the Gamecube and Wii versions are missing for the HD release???

Can anyone confirm?
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Well, the Splinter Cell HD remasterings were based on the PC versions and then updated with new textures and better lighting effects. Looks great aside from a few minor framerate issues and the lack of multiplayer, not that I bothered with the multiplayer in the first place.

RE4 HD though, wasn't that based on the Gamecube release?
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Well, the Splinter Cell HD remasterings were based on the PC versions and then updated with new textures and better lighting effects. Looks great aside from a few minor framerate issues and the lack of multiplayer, not that I bothered with the multiplayer in the first place.

RE4 HD though, wasn't that based on the Gamecube release?
                Don't know about 4, but CV is based on the PS2 version! Looking at the quality of the textures anyway. I played a bit of the Dreamcast, PS2 and PS3 versions back to back last night, and the textures on the PS2 and PS3 version match, unfortunately! Would much have preferred the Dreamcast textures.

Strangely enough though, either I'm getting more used to them, or the graphics are getting a little better the later on the game gets! I've just got to the big snow as Chris and it's looking really nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                  Just got mine, its amazing, I really love how CV looks, now playing Bio4. Question, when you start a new game, and you select your difficulty, it then asks you another question, does anyone know what its asking?? Please help.
                  Unfortunately I am not good at Kanji so I can't read it all
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                    Eurogamers review (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...il-4-hd-review) of Resident Evil 4 mentions all the nice fog effects and ambient lighting from the Gamecube and Wii versions are missing for the HD release???

Can anyone confirm?
                    This sounds disappointing. I am thinking if I should go get the Wii edition instead now.
                    Last edited by xfactor; 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• According to cvxfreak that is not true...

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        Eurogamers review (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...il-4-hd-review) of Resident Evil 4 mentions all the nice fog effects and ambient lighting from the Gamecube and Wii versions are missing for the HD release???

Can anyone confirm?
                        It's there but it's not thick and or lighted like the other versions. It's much thinner looking.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Been playing my copy of revival selection that i just got and it looks great for both games
                          PSN Gamercards

Comment

• so the resident evil 4 HD is out i guess now on Psn and xbox live.

Comment

• I only have an SDTV, no HDTV, is it worth getting CVX or should I just play the PS2 version in RGB?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                I only have an SDTV, no HDTV, is it worth getting CVX or should I just play the PS2 version in RGB?
                                Well no matter if you got SDTV or HDTV you can still see the new light effect and if your into that sort of thing the trophies..so i think personal its worth it the new lighting looks sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X