Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I'll be getting these two is because

1) My ps2 is broke so i can't play my copy of CV
    2) My GC works only on it's own schedule and refuses to work when i want it to lol
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Eternal Darkness is in no way a Survival Horror game, but it is a Horror game and by no means overrated.

Talking about the Wii/GC games, most of you don't know that the textures are actually hi-res but are actually down-scaled by the system so it's displayed in the proper aspect ratio that the TV can handle (at least in those days with SD TVs and all, and it's still happening to Wii games today).

There's an article where the Dolphin emulator developers explain it in much greater detail, it's indeed a very interesting read.

...So at the end of the day, everybody is getting duped by Capcom's so called RE4 HD Remake (if anything is just being rendered with which it's already been done and made and not even deserving the name of a 'remaster' much less 'Remake').

It wouldn't surprise me if a side by side comparison of the Dolphin Emulator rendering RE4 in 1080p ends up looking the same as the PS3/X360 version of RE4.

IMHO, Remakes are games like REmake and Super Mario All-stars where new material and actual effort is put into the development of said title, and a remaster are like games such as Ocarina of Time 3DS and Star Fox 3DS.
      Last edited by Kaneco; 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        I'm sure it's just for the demo.
        Hopefully not. I remember being quite annoyed when Leon lost the jacket. Cursed love for bomber jackets.

Talking about the Wii/GC games, most of you don't know that the textures are actually hi-res but are actually down-scaled by the system so it's displayed in the proper aspect ratio that the TV can handle (at least in those days with SD TVs and all, and it's still happening to Wii games today).
        Hmm. What about direct rips? Facial textures of, for example, BH and BH0 are all within the 387x256 resolution range. Or is that considered hi-res?
        Last edited by News Bot; 08-11-2011, 11:58 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          Hopefully not. I remember being quite annoyed when Leon lost the jacket. Cursed love for bomber jackets.

Hmm. What about direct rips? Facial textures of, for example, BH and BH0 are all within the 387x256 resolution range. Or is that considered hi-res?
          hmm, I don't know if it's exactly all games that have Hi-res textures...but it's undeniable that this looks great when it's rendered to 1080p....much better than what we see with our own consoles even when we stretch what's being output when upscaled which is a problem.

Me playing some Resident evil rebirth on dolphin emulator on my desktop with an xbox360 controller(see below for system specs).Most door animations removed t...

Comment

I think most things will look great at 1080p with the amount of filtering and anti-aliasing an emulator provides, regardless of whether they're upscaled or not. A PS2 game running on a modern PC with better specifications will end up looking better than on the console, for instance.

Of course, I'm no tech expert when it comes to graphics and rendering, haha.
            Last edited by News Bot; 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I think most things will look great at 1080p with the amount of filtering and anti-aliasing an emulator provides, regardless of whether they're upscaled or not. A PS2 game running on a modern PC with better specifications will end up looking better than on the console, for instance.

Of course, I'm no tech expert when it comes to graphics and rendering, haha.
              Same here, but that article from 1up really put things in perspective.

A very interesting read, indeed.

Comment

I'm half and half on this. On the one hand, I loved the shit out of Code Veronica. On the other, I despised Resi 4. I'll definitely pick it up though. And with any luck, the Japanese limited edition will see a European release. Special editions of the first 3 games will fit nicely with my collection, as will the soundtracks.

Comment

I'll deffinitly be picking up both copies, I mostly want RE4 though, I'd love to play it on a HDTV so I can see it in more detail.

I don't really care about the price tag. After all, the price of it goes towards paying all of the people involved - all with different salaries, the technology/software used in upgrading the games, any external help (if they needed it) if it's a DLC, i imagine they need to pay to keep the game online too, and capcom needs to make a profit on the side in order to keep the buissness running. That's what the real world is like. Every game company in existence bumps the sales price up in order to stay in buissness since the price for services, energy and other things keep getting higher too.
                  All we need to do is put a little bit of money aside and save up for the games.
                  Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 08-13-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                    hmm, I don't know if it's exactly all games that have Hi-res textures...but it's undeniable that this looks great when it's rendered to 1080p....much better than what we see with our own consoles even when we stretch what's being output when upscaled which is a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XXqyn6vj8
                    REMake and RE0 look amazing in 1080P. Damn it CAPCOM port these now! I hate the Wii's blurry visuals!
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      REMake and RE0 look amazing in 1080P. Damn it CAPCOM port these now! I hate the Wii's blurry visuals!
                      Don't worry, they're totally going to make HD ports for them Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        The way the Wii actually outputs visuals is embarrassing. In Umbrella Chronicles, the console cuts off the sides of the image and forces a 4:3 perspective. It is then blurred to almighty hell for absolutely no reason at all. The FMVs look pathetic when playing the game, but are fine on the disk.

Same with BH and BH0 (probably BH4 and DC too). It's stupid.

Comment

The way the Wii actually outputs visuals is embarrassing. In Umbrella Chronicles, the console cuts off the sides of the image and forces a 4:3 perspective. It is then blurred to almighty hell for absolutely no reason at all. The FMVs look pathetic when playing the game, but are fine on the disk.

That's why I play REMake and RE0 on the Gamecube. I use the official component cables and they look much better. So much better than the Wii's visuals.

IMO I think the Wii looks better with S-Video. It's seems much crisper and defined.
                          Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-13-2011, 05:32 PM.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

La calidad bajo un poco porque pesaba demasiado y lo pase por mi compresor antes de subirlo XD.Se supone que este es parte del intro del Resident Evil 4 en H...

Found the intro for RE4 HD
                            PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post

For $20 I want the ability to play through as Wesker and Thrustpunch Steve as many times as I want.

They could have at least edited him out...
                              Amen to that...can we just sort of edit Wesker into every entry so we can just sort of pull him up and use him to do a new work of art on anyone's chest that we so please. Steve is up there for me with Alfred. Oh and include Ashley in that mix too. As a woman, I will not be bias based on gender.

Comment

The way the Wii outputs visuals is fine for a SD console. In fact, it actually lets you play games in Progressive Scan (something the Gamecube ver. of REmake didn't allow). That's why Wii games can do 480p while the Cube can at best only do 480i.

I believe though, that RE4 for the Cube (and a few select games) did support some form of progressive scan if you went out of your way to buy the (rather expensive/rare) cables for it to work.

Now the problem with how the Wii Archive games look is CAPCOM. Not the console.

Both REmake and RE Zero are straight ports with wiiremote capability tacked on. REmake was never designed to work with 16:9 widescreen TV's (neither its pre-rendered bg's). On top of that, REmake featured some filters that made the graphics look dated and old (like from an old B movie flick). So like No More Heroes, it may look decent running at 1080p but not that great.

Anyway, that's why the Archive games got so much hate from game analysts. Because Capcom didn't do crap other than a half-arsed job. Those games were given the shovelware treatment... thanks to Crapcom.

In regards to Umbrella Chronicles, I don't know what you're talking about News Bot. The game looks fine on my HDTV running at 16:9 widescreen. No black bars or blurry shit anywhere on there. And no, I'm pretty sure I didn't zoom the screen or any of that, since that would make the game look blurry (like I said b4, it doesn't). Maybe I'm just lucky the way I set the whole thing to work for me.

And UC's FMV's look clear enough for me (for an SD console). The only complaint I have about them, is that the character models look like freakin wax figures come to life. The mouth movement is a bit off, too.

The graphics are that clear on my HDTV, that I even noticed how crap some of the textures and WATER effects are in this game. I mean seriously, Capcom got seriously lazy with those. The water effects in RE4 were great. Yet in UC, I had to listen to the audio to understand what I was watching was actually water. Jesus!

But this thread was about the HD versions of CV and RE4 and I would like to say that I hope the RE4 version is indeed based on the original GameCube game and not on the watered-down/gimped PS2 version or its PC cousin.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X