No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Sega had it censored for the release of the Dreamcast because it was "too" graphic. At least that's what I've heard.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Sega? Those pussies!

Comment

• Yep irc HOD only has green blood.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• There was a lot going on around that time. Rumor was the Columbine shootings didn't help any.

Still for a RE game this title didn't shy away from the mature themes. Namely.....

Implied incestuous relationship.

Murder of father.

Death of love interest.

Partial nudity.

Blood and gore.

Torture.

Mutilation.

Experimentation.

Proclamation.

And powder bow guns....

Comment

• Yeah. It wasn't that CV was censored, the game mechanics have changed. It'll take more than that to blow zombies' head off.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
              Yep irc HOD only has green blood.
              Yes it does have green blood, but that can be changed to red blood in the options menu.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Even if they were for censorship I rather enjoyed the different colors of blood in video games. When it came to Resident Evil 2 on the N64 I had mine switched to blue blood.

I think it's funny that green is the default color for RE: DS

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                  Even if they were for censorship I rather enjoyed the different colors of blood in video games. When it came to Resident Evil 2 on the N64 I had mine switched to blue blood.

I think it's funny that green is the default color for RE: DS
                  On BIOHAZARD DS the default color is red ;) Silly censoring in the USA making the blood green by default.

And yes RE2 N64 had some cool ones. I always played with teal or white (though I may be wrong on the colors). The N64 version was great but the Dreamcast version is the best IMO.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Lol. I looked into the files of BioHazard 4, there is a folder in there called Wii with the home button graphics. We can tell what verson this was based on.
                    Begs the question why Move wasn't coded but oh well.

Comment

• I think it was Mikami who said they had to censor the game because the game graphics started to become too realistic.

Then 1-2 years later Rebirth was released, it was way more realistic and was the goriest game in the series.

edit: I read that Biohazard 4 is AGAIN censored. It means no beheading during day-time and Ashley's boobs aren't moving. They are really too damn stupid.

It's definitely not worth picking up the Japanese version, but at the same time I don't want to download them separately for a bigger price tag. Dilemna.
                      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Makes me wonder if the downloadable releases for the rest of the world might be censored too... Hopefully not.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I believe both CV and RE4 will be uncensored in North America as a downloadable releases.

Comment

• Cant wait to get my hands on a Copy of them both ;P
                            i wonder if the censor is based on rigs or coded in the game , cuz in PC we can censor it by rigging Head with the body , perhaps they did this , anyway im very intrested to look at the file formats and see if we can mod it , then we can enchance it by making some HD mods while on Jailbroken Or CFW Consoles , anyway is it worth that i get the JAP ver since im not losing anything ?
                            Also Since RE4 HD dosent have a split screen and dua Mercenaries Mode we must make a petition requesting a DLC for the mercenaries addon and new characters and perhaps a DLC Story like Operation Javier .... i think its worth it .
                            Last edited by Mrox2; 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Well I finally decided to get them on PSN.

I just hope down the road they released them on disk.

Or at least make them compatible with Vita like the MGS HD Collection will be.
                              Last edited by Vito; 09-12-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
                                I believe both CV and RE4 will be uncensored in North America as a downloadable releases.
                                Sure, they're going to make a new version of CV just for the american market.

Let's open the bets with 1 million $, that way I can retire early.

Comment

Working...
                                X