No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the thing is, some people prefer the original over the remake.

Comment

RE1 > REmake > RE1 (when I'm in remake mode)

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
        But the thing is, some people prefer the original over the remake.
        Hmm thats strange course remake is alot harder ( more of a challenge)

Comment

Whilst the Remake of one was amazing, I still prefer the Original.
          Something about it is so much better in my eyes, and you can't beat Nostalgia (despite Capcom trying to constantly milk and rape that quality out of classic fans)
          Anywho, I was gonna get these, but the screenshots and the price have completely pushed me against a purchase.
          I'll just hook up my Wii through component cables, thank you very much.

Comment

I still say CAPCOM should make an Anthology box just for the PS3. That way you could utilize the Blu-Ray medium and can have let's say 1-3 (PC/DC Version of RE2 and RE3), CVX, Survivor all on one BD-ROM. They could then do Dead Aim, Outbreak 1 & 2, RE4, and RE5GE all on one BD-ROM as well. There would be a third BD-ROM with Remake, Zero, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles. There could also be a fourth BD-ROM with all the preview videos, beta videos, commercials, trailers, making of vids and so forth. This would be the ultimate RE collection IMO.

Of course all of these would be remastered in HD. Just think of RE 1-3 with HD backgrounds, uncompressed audio, HD FMV's, and higher poly models (if they have any).
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

That's too good, Capcom would never do that, sadly.

Comment

if it makes money.you can bet they will.
                Last edited by BrionIrons; 07-30-2011, 08:05 PM.
                sigpic
                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

wow this is just a pc mod and it looks better
                  PSN Gamercards

Comment

You say that looks better? Not really, the overuse of fake bloom and the horrible models/textures from the PS2 port still look horrible!

Comment

$20 each?? holy shit, id rather get these games off ebay $5 each 4 ps2!
                      Last edited by Eazy_Duz_It; 07-30-2011, 10:05 PM.
                      "There he is"

-HUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                        This is what I worry about too. I feel a lot of people who got into RE with 4 or 5 are going to try CVX and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" and stop playing it.

I still think REmake would have been a far better choice. But I can see why Capcom went with CVX (all together it's easier to update).
                        As much as I love CVX, I agree with you - Remake would have been a much better choice. The graphics and animations in that game can easily stand up to today's generation of games, while CVX's simply cannot. Not to mention that Remake has far more replay value. Why would you say that Remake is harder to update than CVX?
                        Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 08-03-2011, 10:28 PM.
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                          As much as I love CVX, I agree with you - Remake would have been a much better choice. The graphics and animations in that game can easily stand up to today's generation of games, while CVX's simply cannot. Not to mention that Remake has far more replay value. Why would you say that Remake is harder to update than CVX?
                          Well, I think it's Nintendo exclusive. And the pre-rendered backgrounds, unless Capcom has the original high-res versions somewhere.

CVX, all they really needed to do was up-scale the game.

Then again, I've never made a game, so I don't know precisely how much work goes into these updates. But I feel that the pre-rendered backgrounds would require a touch more effort.

Comment

It's actually easier than you think. They'd only need to make 1080p renders of the backgrounds, which basically involves just pressing a buttons and waiting for the computer to finish making the renders. The only thing the devs actually need to exert effort on are porting the game and maybe tweaking the character models and the lighting.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-04-2011, 05:53 AM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Whilst I think that those who found the series with RE4 & RE5, will appreciate the lack of graphical wonderment is what would be expected from a game of this age, and most will adore the sinister narrative & scale of the environments, I do think that Remake would have been a better choice, simply for wider appeal. I can see CVX, as a game, benefiting more by this HD upgrade, than the same polish for Remake, as Remake is quite beautiful already. I am far more excited about CVX HD than the RE4 selection, and like all will be dreaming of a package that involves an updated / overhauled RE2 & RE3. All these older games had more to offer than the newer installments, in terms of story, and survival horror, so minor niggles aside, I applaud Capcom for diggin in the crates, and not forgetting the wonderful Code : Veronica.

Comment

Yeah, REmake really doesn't need any help to look beautiful. If one of those two needs to go in for some nip/tuck and facials it's CVX by a country mile.

Plus, I take a petty pleasure in the people who foam at the mouth about the Cube and Wii being 'kiddy consoles for kids!' not having access to this, and Eternal Darkness.

Comment

Working...
                                X