No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've yet to play Eternal Darkness. I got a Gameube very late in the game, and by then the game was no longer in any stores near me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I take a petty pleasure in the people who foam at the mouth about the Cube and Wii being 'kiddy consoles for kids!' not having access to this, and Eternal Darkness.
      Now there is a gem of a survival horror game.....Capcom should take a good, long look at that game when developing RE6, if they have any inclinations to re-establish the series as a survival horror experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
        I've yet to play Eternal Darkness. I got a Gameube very late in the game, and by then the game was no longer in any stores near me.
        You NEED to play Eternal Darkness!! That's an order man. The game is, IMO, one of the best Survival Horror games out there.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll have to hit amazon up.

Too bad my HDTV makes my gamecube look like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
            Yeah, I think I'll have to hit amazon up.

Too bad my HDTV makes my gamecube look like shit.
            Get the Official Component Cables from Nintendo. They are far better than S-Video.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I found Eternal Darkness for £3 / $5 the other day in Gamestation.
              Such an amazing games. <3

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                It's actually easier than you think. They'd only need to make 1080p renders of the backgrounds, which basically involves just pressing a buttons and waiting for the computer to finish making the renders. The only thing the devs actually need to exert effort on are porting the game and maybe tweaking the character models and the lighting.

No, they would need recreate every single background because they are all made for 4:3 TVs and are not widescreen, with 3d games like CV they can just make the edges of the screen reach further, in REmake there is no way to do this, they'd need remake them all (I'm sure they have assets somewhere, they were used for UC) and then recreated all the walls and such to account for the wide screen, probably rethink some areas entirely or have some camera angles design to create tension and blind spots ruined.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  You NEED to play Eternal Darkness!! That's an order man. The game is, IMO, one of the best Survival Horror games out there.
                  I need to play it myself too, heh!

The price point for both these games in the HD Revivial can be a bit questionable, but in the end it will be worth it replaying the games all over again. Although, RE4 does seem to look the same, in my opinion, while RE: CVX actually does look a tad better when it comes to the lighting they used.

While I can agree with what was said by Humor Tumor:
                  Originally posted by Humor Tumor
                  This is what I worry about too. I feel a lot of people who got into RE with 4 or 5 are going to try CVX and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" and stop playing it.
                  That would be such a big bummer, but could get some people curious about the old games - could be a win or lose situation, but then again, everything is action-oriented and what people mostly prefer.

One thing that bugs me though is why most of these HD "Collections" are coming out under the "Collection" title when they ONLY include 2 games when they're big franchises with multiple installments. REmake would've been a great addition to this in my opinion.

Comment

I think REmake would have been an awesome addition, or at least in place of CVX. It is where the series started (I know it's the Remake, but technically true).

And although I'm sure a lot of people don't like them, the Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles might have made nice additions on the PS3 side. I'm unsure how a light gun game would fare on kinect.

But I don't see those ever being updated.

Comment

If I had a Gamecube I'd probably get Eternal Darkness, though REmake and RE0 would be clear priorities.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Eternal Darkness is overated, it was good but not great. It is much more an adventure game with a horror theme than survival horror.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I've been out of the loop regarding these HD versions so I'm sorry if this was known months ago.
                          Was it clever video editing or did I just see Leon and Claire switching weapons without entering the menu? Would be nice to know if any other features were added in these HD ports.

Comment

RE 4/CV gameplay from capcom unity stream
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                              RE 4/CV gameplay from capcom unity stream
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9m5...layer_embedded
                              Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll be the first one to say it - how does Leon have his awesome jacket on the island? Hopefully this will be a bonus costume.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                                Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll be the first one to say it - how does Leon have his awesome jacket on the island? Hopefully this will be a bonus costume.
                                I'm sure it's just for the demo.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X