No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Wii version? That looks like a fun way to play the game, and I'd rather have that right now than an "HD" re-release of the game. As for Code Veronica, I can see why a remake would be cool since it's an older game, but for 20 dollars? Capcom continues to go down the shitter as a company...

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
      What about the Wii version? That looks like a fun way to play the game, and I'd rather have that right now than an "HD" re-release of the game. As for Code Veronica, I can see why a remake would be cool since it's an older game, but for 20 dollars? Capcom continues to go down the shitter as a company...
      If it was an actual remake it would totally be worth 20 dollars, even more. But it's just the same game, with the same graphics and features but in HD.

Comment

It'll be interesting to play CV again, although I suppose I might as well play the original because I don't have an HDTV lol.

Comment

So is this going to look any better on 360 with an SDTV? Or can I go down my local game store and pick up a copy of CVX? 360 version sounds great and I'm looking forward to playing CV again, but not really sure it's worth the wait if the overal experience is going to be the same.

Comment

They've completely changed the lighting in CVX + added some effects (blur, grain filter) to hide lower poly models and low-res textures, so even in SD the game will look different.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
              So is this going to look any better on 360 with an SDTV?
              I have to ask the same thing, but as it pertains to RE4. I have an HDTV but my 360's HDMI jack doesn't work (if I just slightly tap the back of the machine, it resets) so I'm stuck using the component (or whatever they're called) cables.

I know CVX will look different and I'm considering purchasing it, but I have to wonder if RE4 will really benefit that much from the whole HD thing. I still think RE4 Wii Edition looks great.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Surely with more graphical horse power the games will benefit from the "emulation effect?" Either way sounds good I'm sold on CV.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  I have to ask the same thing, but as it pertains to RE4. I have an HDTV but my 360's HDMI jack doesn't work (if I just slightly tap the back of the machine, it resets) so I'm stuck using the component (or whatever they're called) cables.

I know CVX will look different and I'm considering purchasing it, but I have to wonder if RE4 will really benefit that much from the whole HD thing. I still think RE4 Wii Edition looks great.
                  I'm no techincal guy, but in my personal experience component cables look pretty nice if you set your settings to 1080i/720p. If you have a standard TV but it has a composite input, also use them, the image improves a lot!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                    I'm no techincal guy, but in my personal experience component cables look pretty nice if you set your settings to 1080i/720p. If you have a standard TV but it has a composite input, also use them, the image improves a lot!
                    Thanks!
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      Believe me, even with the component cables RE4 looks like shit on an HDTV. It gives the game no justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                        Believe me, even with the component cables RE4 looks like shit on an HDTV. It gives the game no justice.
                        It looks fine once you set up your HDTV to work with the console.

On my HDTV, RE4 looks as sharp and nice as the Cube version looked on a regular CRT tv set. Using component cables and tweaking the sharpness (the lower the better) works wonders.

In fact, I've noticed stuff on the Wii version that I didn't even noticed when I played this game on a regular TV. Like the writtings on the walls or on gadgets that you see in the game. On the cube, those grafitti-like writtings were too blurry to even read them. Well, I can now read them on my HDTV. And it's funny because thanks to them, I found out that the Illuminados are actually bilingual.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Please god, don't let the FMVs in CODE:Veronica be upscaled...
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Please god, don't let the FMVs in CODE:Veronica be upscaled...
                            Meh, I understand your concern, but FMVs are FMVs to me, I kind of get the gist of it but it's not that important to me, if the actual game is benefiting then I'm cool with them losing quality or whatever.

Comment

• I find RE4 for Wii, on my HDTV, looks pretty bad. It's a blurry mess with no sharpness and washed out colors. Hell it's looks like an upscaled composite video signal to me. The NGC version, with component cables, looks far better and is actually sharp with crisp colors. The Gamecube outputs video much better than the Wii ever could IMO.

I did find RE1 and RE0 on the Wii (not the port versions) to be worse than on the Gamecube. The Gamecube still sports sharp visuals and better colors.
                              Last edited by Zombie_X; 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                I find RE4 for Wii, on my HDTV, looks pretty bad. It's a blurry mess with no sharpness and washed out colors. Hell it's looks like an upscaled composite video signal to me. The NGC version, with component cables, looks far better and is actually sharp with crisp colors. The Gamecube outputs video much better than the Wii ever could IMO.

I did find RE1 and RE0 on the Wii (not the port versions) to be worse than on the Gamecube. The Gamecube still sports sharp visuals and better colors.
                                I dont agree with you i think the wii version for remake looks really good
                                and just as good as the gamecube version.

Comment

Working...
                                X