Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
    well instead of fast cash.why not remake it and make more than fast cash.see,there's no excuse.
    Becuse a full remake costs money XD ( capcom an money ...... greedy cheap)

Comment

yes it cost money but they will make even more.plus they have the remade levels already(Darkside Chronicles CVX level).they could use that.Its already done.
      sigpic
      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Having yet to bother playing DSC (despite Enrico occasionally waving it at me in an attempt to get out of my basement) has the whole of CODE: Veronica's backgrounds been remade, or just some?

Even if they did remake it that way, of course, it would end up being graphically a Wii game, and that console is reaching the end of it's days.

Comment

I actually bought DSC, but I never even bothered opening it and playing it. Just wasn't that interested in it. The on-rails shooter just looked boring, even with all of the fancy camera shaking and good graphics. The only reason I bought it was because I had a Wii, and I guess I bought it for collection purposes. I wound up just trading it in for cash at GameStop. I'm done collecting Resident Evil games.

All I have are RE: Director's Cut, RE2, and RE3 for PSX. Just those 3 games.
          Last edited by RetroRain; 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

DSC would have been good if it wasn't for the awful camera shaking nonstop, what sort of ass company makes a game based on aiming and shooting and them rewards a steady aim by making the reticle jump about a target like you're waving your hand about? Not subtle either, major jumps.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

CVX looks way better; just look at the lighting:

Anyway, $20 for each digital title is flat-out ridiculous. I'd pay $20 for a physical copy, but that is far too much money for something that isn't physical.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

The lighting has been improved but someone has cranked the saturation up (and changed the color temprature) to do it, and to me this makes it look worse.

To top it off some weird depth of field filter has been put on it, which means everything in the foreground is crisp and in focus but everything back from there isn't, but because you're normally not near the front - Claire is almost constantly soft/out of focus in every screenshot and also most of the video shown.

I can handle the color and saturation changes, but Capcom need to remove that focus thing or at least make it a switchable option.
                Last edited by Rombie; 07-29-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  The lighting has been improved but someone has cranked the saturation up
                  Wesker did it.

Comment

All the spiffy lighting and high(er) res textures can't save CVX from it's horrible and dated animations.
                    sigpic

Comment

I figure myself incredibly easy to please, and I'm sure I'll be getting Code Veronica regardless. But even I find the prices absurd. It's sad because I remember reading something about how Capcom is releasing an action-oriented RE game, a horror-oriented RE game and then, of course, the classic game play of Code Veronica to reach out to a variety of fans. But, I know the revival selection is going to bomb hard, and it's just gonna reinforce Capcoms ideas that nobody wants that type of game...which kinda bums me out...not that I was expecting it's return or anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                        I figure myself incredibly easy to please, and I'm sure I'll be getting Code Veronica regardless. But even I find the prices absurd. It's sad because I remember reading something about how Capcom is releasing an action-oriented RE game, a horror-oriented RE game and then, of course, the classic game play of Code Veronica to reach out to a variety of fans. But, I know the revival selection is going to bomb hard, and it's just gonna reinforce Capcoms ideas that nobody wants that type of game...which kinda bums me out...not that I was expecting it's return or anything...
                        This is what I worry about too. I feel a lot of people who got into RE with 4 or 5 are going to try CVX and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" and stop playing it.

I still think REmake would have been a far better choice. But I can see why Capcom went with CVX (all together it's easier to update).

Maybe Capcom will update the controls for CVX from 1st person still to 3rd person. As I know a lot of people who still bitch about it, despite the classic RE controls work very well, they can be a pretty big barrier.

Comment

Honestly CV gameplay, rationing and pace is the worst of the entire series, not a good example of the older games.

I love the story but it is by far the least played of the main series games for me.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

HD REmake and HD RE Zero would be glorious. Even by emulating them in HD on Dolphin, the backgrounds suffer from pixelation since the games were designed for 480p. Imagine if they rendered the backgrounds in high-def.

Re-releases of the older games with high-res backgrounds and larger poly count models would also be nice.The simplicity of the 3D models would probably show, but it's still a face-lift for the older games nonetheless.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Indeed, an RE1 PS1 HD version would be awesome. And its not like they don't have the materials to do it, all they would have to do is open the room files and output them in HD resolution and perhaps fix it up a bit.. Right now the RE1 backgrounds really suck for such a classic game, you can see from the RE3 PC background images how clean they could ultimately be..

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                                Indeed, an RE1 PS1 HD version would be awesome. And its not like they don't have the materials to do it, all they would have to do is open the room files and output them in HD resolution and perhaps fix it up a bit.. Right now the RE1 backgrounds really suck for such a classic game, you can see from the RE3 PC background images how clean they could ultimately be..
                                we got the remake already

Comment

Working...
                                X