No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the absence of any new RE6 info, everybody just gets drunk and posts. Thus, the circle of internet life continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
      Beat em up in RE means one thing and one thing only. RE7 Recap Alice (Dun dun duuuuurrrr) :-O
      If that happened I'm not sure whose brain would melt faster, mine or newbots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
        In the absence of any new RE6 info, everybody just gets drunk and posts. Thus, the circle of internet life continues.
        Patience dude, E3 is two weeks away!

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
          I mean come on, we all have beef with things Capcom does, but then if they don't listen to the fans then why do we have Zombies back? why do we have our dark atmospheric locations back, Resident Evil has become bigger then just a video-game series, Capcom has many different fan bases to please now, and hate RE4 or RE5 as much as you like but at the end of the day they were solid games that many people want to play.
          Clarification - we don't have zombies back. We have zombie lookalikes that also carry pipes and work together, and mutate when damaged. Currently, they appear to be slow Ganados, but we haven't seen enough gameplay to be sure what they act like so I do have some hope they actually have decent AI, and can therefore be scary.

Comment

• I don't think they said anything about them working together - just that they can, sometimes, carry weapons, and are able to dash, jump, and climb. They don't mutate when damaged either. The J'avo, however, appear to be what you're talking about. The zombies and J'avo are actually two different things.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Clarification - we don't have zombies back. We have zombie lookalikes that also carry pipes and work together, and mutate when damaged. Currently, they appear to be slow Ganados, but we haven't seen enough gameplay to be sure what they act like so I do have some hope they actually have decent AI, and can therefore be scary.
              Their designs are far better and horrifying than the Ganado and Majini, that alone is good enough for me.

I've always thought fighting average zombies with the new gameplay style would be boring as fuck. I don't see why it's bad that they've been improved. At least they won't be talking, which is a huge annoyance for me in BH4 and BH5. But I'll wait and see how they explain them in the story before I pass judgement. I still don't see why the C-Virus creates two completely different types of creatures from regular infection.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Perhaps it has to do with the method of infection? By that I mean the gas-spewing creature from the trailer. I believe that Jake Muller was given an injection like the other soldiers that turned into the J'Avo. Maybe the gas expelled from the creature gives the zombie outcome while the injection turns you into either the J'Avo or whatever those things are that attack Chris and Piers in the trailer.

I totally agree though. I think that the zombies are awesome in this game and they very overdue.

Comment

• I Like them aswell , but using weapons ? uh we'll see how that will turn out ...
                  Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                  ^ Lol ...

Comment

• I'm hoping because the C -Virus appears to be spider based (the RE6 logo has those webs and enemies with the multiple eyes) I'm hoping that we see some spider like mutations, maybe if a enemy is damaged a lot they will burst out into a almost full on fast moving spider creature? well I can hope.

Comment

It won't be scary if you're basically having to fight them like you would in a typical FPS game. Ugly or not, it doesn't matter what they look like if you're basically playing a re-skinned CoD game.

To make things scary, the gamplay has to limit how much ammo and supplies you get a hold of. Like in the classic games. You had really slow enemies in those. But the fact that you had limited ammo and supplies meant that you had to think hard how to get to the next corridor or room. Avoiding spraying bullets on every wall and floor.

We'll see.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Honestly, you can have ammo out the ass and still be scary if you have semi-decent AI. Zombie AI worked - they stomped up and bit you as fast as they could. Ganado/Majini AI failed - they ran up and stopped, so you could shoot them. Given they were meant to be smarter, but a single zombie is far more challenging...

Comment

• Ganados were forgivable because they were version 1.0, but the Majini could have been given this upgrade.

Comment

Clarification - we don't have zombies back.
                            Further clarification - Resident Evil has never technically had zombies, as those infected by the T-Virus are not undead.

Further, further clarification - Zombies have been able to carry simple instruments of death ever since the original Night of the Living Dead.

Further, further, further clarification - The zombies do not mutate when damaged, nor do they work together. The J'avo do.

Comment

• Further clarification - Resident Evil has never technically had zombies, as those infected by the T-Virus are not undead.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lruy2eS65S1r0w2obo1_500.gif
Views:	2
Size:	480.9 KB
ID:	401215

Click image for larger version

Name:	19658503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	401216

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                                I'm hoping because the C -Virus appears to be spider based (the RE6 logo has those webs and enemies with the multiple eyes) I'm hoping that we see some spider like mutations, maybe if a enemy is damaged a lot they will burst out into a almost full on fast moving spider creature? well I can hope.
                                Has anyone noticed that at beginning of the trailer, that the spiderwebs intertwine into one strand? It's obviously referencing the fact that all the tangled story lines are finally weaving together. I thought it was quite clever and hope more people catch on, for Capcom's sake, at least. XD

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6624[/ATTACH]
                                FALSE! They are zombies in the sense of the old school voodoo zombies, who were people under the control of a substance made by shamans. They only became undead beasties thanks to George Romero and others later on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X