Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
    They are zombies in the sense of the old school voodoo zombies, who were people under the control of a substance made by shamans.
    That actually applies more to the Ganados and Majini, ironically enough, than the zombies.

Comment

• That awkward moment where the Majini/Ganado are closer to the original zombies

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it
      Last edited by ValentineLover; 05-20-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        That actually applies more to the Ganados and Majini, ironically enough, than the zombies.
        No, not really. Ganados are compelled to act the way they do because they have parasites controlling them (A-la nature, go read Luis' notes from RE4 ). Whereas the older RE zombies were actually people who were being compelled to eat flesh due to a substance (T-Virus), the necrosis was simply a side effect making them 'seem' undead.
        sigpic

Comment

• Zombies will always have to be undead to me.

I know, I'm not right (since they are many kinds of zombies) but that's how it is for me and will always be.

BTW aren't the Voodoo ones also undead?

Also if Zombies in RE aren't undead then explain the graveyard Zombies in RE3 and CVX.
          Last edited by Vito; 05-20-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
            Also if Zombies in RE aren't undead then explain the graveyard Zombies in RE3 and CVX.
            News Bot can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure he will, but I believe the official word is that the graveyard zombies in RE3 and CVX were recently infected victims that had been buried because they were mistakenly believed to be dead due to the infection.

Personally, I think Capcom just felt that you couldn't have a zombie game where you go through a graveyard and NOT have zombies rising up out of the graves, whether it made sense or not given the capabilities of the T-Virus. Believe me, I think it would be a heck of a lot easier to just say the T-Virus raises the dead like it does in the movies, but I'm not Capcom.
            Last edited by Archelon; 05-20-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Zombies will always have to be undead to me.

I know, I'm not right (since they are many kinds of zombies) but that's how it is for me and will always be.

Voodoo zombies were undead in Shaman lore, but it real life they were just people shamans altered with puffer fish poison.
              Perhaps in RE3 and CVX the G-virus and it's necromancy powers were involved?

I also agree with Archelon on this possibility

News Bot can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure he will, but I believe the official word is that the graveyard zombies in RE3 and CVX were recently infected victims that had been buried because they were mistakenly believed to be dead due to the infection.

Personally, I think Capcom just felt that you couldn't have a zombie game where you go through a graveyard and NOT have zombies rising up out of the graves, whether it made sense or not given the capabilities of the T-Virus.
              Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-20-2012, 05:43 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Zombies will always have to be undead to me.

Gotta admit, hes got a point there. But yeah, I agree, zombies in RE have to undead for me as well. Even if they're not, it adds to their scariness aspect for me.

As for the zombies in RE6, to be honest, we've seen VERY little gameplay so far featuring them. The first trailer has like not even 10 seconds of footage of them. That's about it. I'm reserving my judgement until we see more, but to be honest, they already look a lot better than the ganados. At least they look a lot more menacing. That's a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  To make things scary, the gamplay has to limit how much ammo and supplies you get a hold of. Like in the classic games. You had really slow enemies in those. But the fact that you had limited ammo and supplies meant that you had to think hard how to get to the next corridor or room. Avoiding spraying bullets on every wall and floor.
                  As much as people love to say this it was only ever true of RE1, all other RE games gave you more than enough ammo to blow away every enemy in your path.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  Ganado/Majini AI failed - they ran up and stopped, so you could shoot them.
                  Majini will keep going if you turn up the difficulty.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Personally, I think Capcom just felt that you couldn't have a zombie game where you go through a graveyard and NOT have zombies rising up out of the graves, whether it made sense or not given the capabilities of the T-Virus. Believe me, I think it would be a heck of a lot easier to just say the T-Virus raises the dead like it does in the movies, but I'm not Capcom.
                    This is correct.

As much as people love to say this it was only ever true of RE1, all other RE games gave you more than enough ammo to blow away every enemy in your path.
                    So is this. The problem is that the old games made you think you shouldn't use the ammo, whereas the new games don't really give you much choice but to use it. The latter are also more over-abundant. While ammo appeared in set places in the older games, the fact that enemies drop ammo in the new games puts much less focus on conservation and exploration. Not so much in Professional.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 05-20-2012, 06:06 PM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      Yeah, I always had plenty of ammo in RE2 (Not so much 3... not sure why). I had a harder time playing RE4 on pro in regards to ammo than the older games.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      Majini will keep going if you turn up the difficulty.

Really? My Infinite L. Hawk never let them get that close.
                      Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-20-2012, 06:05 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

OK so the T-Virus can't resurrect the dead but what about Brad? He did die and came back.
                        Last edited by Vito; 05-20-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

OK so the T-Virus can't resurrect the dead but what about Brad? He did die and came back.
                          The explanation given by Mr. Kawamura was that he was infected with a stronger, more active form of the t-Virus which allowed him to become a Zombie despite the destruction of part of his brain and spinal cord.

But the reality is that they just wanted Nemesis to tentacle-fuck someone through the mouth really badly.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            The people who say that are the people who played the games when they first came out (like me). And didn't have gamefaqs or any dang website for support or to hold their hand from the title to the end credits.

From my experience back then, we could only talk to friends about the games. And maybe hope that some magazine would provide a hint or two. But you basically where on your own. It was a different era.

With RE2, things got more complicated (including the enemies) and despite being familiar with some of the gameplay mechanics, you still didn't know what to expect ON A FIRST RUN. So we never played the games spraying bullets all over the place or killing every enemy. You didn't do that on a first run.

These days, games like 4, 5 and specially ORC demand that you kill almost anything that comes your way. And you do that on a first run. Because when you got ammo coming at you from all sides, it's only natural to do that.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              The people who say that are the people who played the games when they first came out (like me). And didn't have gamefaqs or any dang website for support or to hold their hand from the title to the end credits.
                              I've played every RE on release day aside from RE1 which a I got after playing in a shop a couple weeks after release. From RE2 onwards I blasted the crap out of everything that even looked at me wrong and never had issues outside of the first Nemesis encounter in RE3, the only exception I think. You even get rewarded for fighting with ammo or weapons on some of the 'big' enemies like Tyrant or Nemesis.

Playing RE1 is enough experience to know how to handle yourself in further games straight from the first playthrough. At least it was for me, the gameplay never had drastic changes and ammo is plentiful unlike RE1. In RE1 it takes quite a while before you access the shotgun, especially as Chris. Look at RE2/3/CV, RE2 get new weapon after the first door, RE3 you get one in less than a minute from the starting room, CV you get the MP-100 3 minutes in only. Those games wanted you to fight and gave you the tools to do it.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I was under the impression that the T-virus infects and kills an individual, reanimating their corpse after some brief "down time." Is this not the case?

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                The explanation given by Mr. Kawamura was that he was infected with a stronger, more active form of the t-Virus which allowed him to become a Zombie despite the destruction of part of his brain and spinal cord.
                                I always assumed that the medulla oblongata (the lowest posterior section of the brain) or the cerebellum would have to be intact for one to become a zombie. The former controls breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure, while the latter is responsible for motor control. It's possible that Nemesis's tentacle missed these areas of Brad's brain entirely, simply destroying the upper part (cerebrum).

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                                In RE1 it takes quite a while before you access the shotgun, especially as Chris. Look at RE2/3/CV, RE2 get new weapon after the first door, RE3 you get one in less than a minute from the starting room, CV you get the MP-100 3 minutes in only. Those games wanted you to fight and gave you the tools to do it.
                                Did the older games give you some tools to defend yourself? Absolutely. But the only reward you usually got for killing enemies was that they were out of your path (since you'd probably have to backtrack through the area at some point). In the newer games, you get glowing goodies for killing the enemies, encouraging you to do so.
                                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X