No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, that image is Jill and Claire confirmed if ever there was any doubt.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• I think you have it backwards...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        No, there are plenty of problems with her AI. Just type RE5 Sheva AI into youtube. I admit, I haven't played the main game much with Sheva on AI - Mostly because I couldn't beat the Demo with her - but there seems to be a lot of legitimate issues with her AI screwing up, healing when you don't need it, not healing when you do, attacking a boss with a pistol rather than a gun that can hurt him, running around in circles rather than attacking anything...

If I had a capture card I'd make a vid debunking all this. The AI does not waste healing items, between you and the AI a healing item gets its use and doesn't waste first aid sprays on minor injuries for example, took a pic to prove it (3DS quality), the AI could heal but does not because what it had would be wasted with the health bars where they are. This gets more effiecient with better trust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HNI_0002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	401240

The AI has attack commands, you tell it to be defensive or offensive, it picks an appropiate weapon for each, assuming the player gave it more than the starting pistol. Though if you build up the trust level (something most people do not even know exists because they just use the AI as a mule) they will switch weapons even more by themselves. Pretty sure the intent was as the game progresses the trust gets higher and AI improves.

Most of the problems with the AI are human created, giving it the shitty weapons with no upgrades, taking all the best ammo for the human user, treating it like a mule and not a player. The thing is fairly smart, if it sees you really hurt and it has a green herb and red it will mix them together before use, will share ammo when you're low, has a very decent aim, it knows when to follow during areas like the beams and when to wait.

Doesn't replace a player, never seen AI in any game come close, but it is more than capable of being a good enough partner to get you through the game on Pro, perhaps the only troublesome part is the Wesker/Jill combo fight, but mostly because you need hide from Wesker a lot and Jill has a insta-dying status uzi she loves to spray.

Those vids you posted are completely misleading, and all player created problems.

- In the first she only has the shittest weapon in the game, has less reach than a knife and she is set on cover, so she will not run too far from Chris (who never moves closer except to kill it)
        - In the next Wesker is blocking the door, if the player had any clue he would have set her to attack or moved so Wesker would unblock the door, instead he is baiting Sheva into Wesker on purpose. That is the user being dumb and at fault, not the AI.
        - In the next the player is refusing to move ahead in the map...Sheva not following because in some of those areas not enough room for both characters (this is the AI being smart)...if you keep watching when he moves past the point he was waiting at she follows, because she could have hid where he was waiting then, the vid ends with him nudging Sheva into the blast after she was already clear of it (player fault).
        - Last vid isn't even from final game, is from the demo. Says so in decription.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Artificial Intelligence isn't known for being exact. Different players will encounter different issues, and so far, the vast majority of people are unhappy with Sheva's AI and the developers openly acknowledged that.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
            I think you have it backwards...
            Yeah, I got a very distinct "that's not on the menu tonight" vibe from that message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
              Where did you find this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post

*cue demo files leaking cutscene names such as Jill_meeting_cutscene1 and Claire_call_cutscene0*

Now seriously I think that, given the events Jill should get a mention, or a file or whatever. If something happens to Chris Claire should atleast get a mention too (even if CAPCOM doesnt give a *beep* about her)

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  Where did you find this?
                  It was posted today on the official RE Facebook page.

Comment

• If Claire didn't get a mention in RE5 when Jill gave her "Millions will die!" motivational speech to Chris, I doubt she'll get a mention in RE6.

Seriously, I never understood why Jill didn't bother to point out to Chris that his sister may very well have been one of those millions of people, especially when he didn't seem to care and just shrugged it off now that he was reunited with his waifu.

Comment

• Well i mean like if he dies or stuff.

But then again Claire who?

Comment

• I didn't like Sheva's AI because she never did what I told her to do. I'm aware of the "cover" and "attack" options, but where was the "wait at the very start of every area until I clear it and then come forward when I've done everything because Resident Evil is a single-player game and I want to do it by myself" option? Capcom's insistence in putting in a forced AI partner ruined the perfect RE4 inventory, added lazy checkpoint saving, eliminated backtracking, and forced the player to rely on "call partner" mechanics when in low health. So yeah, in essence, Sheva ruined RE5 for me.

Her character may have had an interesting backstory, but very little of it was explained in-game. Everything about her tagging along with Chris felt like a last-minute attempt to add co-op to the game to appeal to the masses. Which sucks, because the game could have been just as good as RE4 had it been single-player only. And with the financial success of RE5, I doubt we'll ever see co-op-free Resident Evil in the future (at least on home consoles). It was the beginning of the end of the series for me.

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                        Sounds like a big fat "no" to Jill and Claire if you ask me.

"There are many other great characters in RE6..."

Translation: "Jill and Claire are great characters, but instead of them being in RE6, we have other great (new) characters to introduce in the near future."
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Her character may have had an interesting backstory, but very little of it was explained in-game.
                          You say this as if it is something new to the series.

The circumstance under which the U.S.S. was deployed into Raccoon City is very complicated. Their primary and most important objective was the successful recovery of the "G-Virus" samples that Dr. Birkin held. Umbrella's Chicago branch was slowly losing control over Dr. Birkin and was plotting an assassination to get rid of him. Dr. Birkin, who had already become distrustful of the corporation, figured that he would eventually be held responsible for the Spencer Mansion Incident (the plot of BIOHAZARD 1) that resulted in the leaking of sensitive research data. He expected that an elite team of agents would be sent into Raccoon City under the guise of hunting down Jill and Chris, with their real motive being to kill him and steal the G-Virus samples.

Preempting this assault, Dr. Birkin increased the amount of toxic waste generated by his research facility to such levels where it overwhelmed the waste treatment plant creating a state of biohazard. The biohazard conditions ended up unleashing the T-Virus zombifing the employees and researchers working within. The damage didn't stop there and the infection quickly spread throughout the city, transforming the place into an inhospitable zombie wasteland. Successfully holed up within this biohazard zone, Dr. Birkin negotiated with ranking officials within the United States government, requesting protection in exchange for providing the G-Virus and its research data.

The U.S. government, keen in acquiring Umbrella's top scientist and the research data for the latest B.O.W., quickly agreed to send in a team of U.S. special ops forces to extradite Dr. Birkin. Learning of this development, Umbrella airlifted six Tyrant B.O.W.s into the industrial area of the city (per scenes from BIO 2), where they fought with the U.S. special ops team. The special ops team waged a heavy battle, but was annihilated before they had a chance to use their anti-B.O.W. weapon, a rail gun called "Paracelsus' Sword". (The Tyrants were also annihilated, as you would know if you've played the final stage of BIO 3.)

In the event where the extradition mission failed, the U.S. military had plans in place to destroy the entirety of Raccoon City with a nuclear missile, but in an attempt to buy time Umbrella leaked video feeds of the U.B.C.S. operating within the city, promoting a "humane rescue mission" to the public. This tactic succeeded and while the entire U.B.C.S. team perished, enough valuable time was bought to allow Umbrella agents to successfully recover samples of the G-Virus before the city was destroyed.
                          And Sheva actually does mention her past in-game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            If I had a capture card I'd make a vid debunking all this. The AI does not waste healing items, between you and the AI a healing item gets its use and doesn't waste first aid sprays on minor injuries for example, took a pic to prove it (3DS quality), the AI could heal but does not because what it had would be wasted with the health bars where they are. This gets more effiecient with better trust.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6652[/ATTACH]

The AI has attack commands, you tell it to be defensive or offensive, it picks an appropriate weapon for each, assuming the player gave it more than the starting pistol. Though if you build up the trust level (something most people do not even know exists because they just use the AI as a mule) they will switch weapons even more by themselves. Pretty sure the intent was as the game progresses the trust gets higher and AI improves.

Most of the problems with the AI are human created, giving it the shitty weapons with no upgrades, taking all the best ammo for the human user, treating it like a mule and not a player. The thing is fairly smart, if it sees you really hurt and it has a green herb and red it will mix them together before use, will share ammo when you're low, has a very decent aim, it knows when to follow during areas like the beams and when to wait.

Doesn't replace a player, never seen AI in any game come close, but it is more than capable of being a good enough partner to get you through the game on Pro, perhaps the only troublesome part is the Wesker/Jill combo fight, but mostly because you need hide from Wesker a lot and Jill has a insta-dying status uzi she loves to spray.

Those vids you posted are completely misleading, and all player created problems.

- In the first she only has the shittest weapon in the game, has less reach than a knife and she is set on cover, so she will not run too far from Chris (who never moves closer except to kill it)
                            - In the next Wesker is blocking the door, if the player had any clue he would have set her to attack or moved so Wesker would unblock the door, instead he is baiting Sheva into Wesker on purpose. That is the user being dumb and at fault, not the AI.
                            - In the next the player is refusing to move ahead in the map...Sheva not following because in some of those areas not enough room for both characters (this is the AI being smart)...if you keep watching when he moves past the point he was waiting at she follows, because she could have hid where he was waiting then, the vid ends with him nudging Sheva into the blast after she was already clear of it (player fault).
                            - Last vid isn't even from final game, is from the demo. Says so in description.
                            So in fewer words for the tl;dr crowd; Me, Dracarys and Vito are wizards.

Seriously though, everything up there is true to my (And apparently Vito's) experience with the game. In fact, the only time Sheva failed me was in the courtyard with the crashed helicopter, when I missed the QTE making her shoot the chain off of Chris' leg. XD
                            Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Special thanks to THIA for making me see the error of my ways.

Comment

• Insulting people is always classy.

Comment

Working...
                                X