Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But are we sure both fights are scripted in Leon's scenario of the available final build?
    Well, from the bioflames pictures, we know that Annette helps you set-up the train as Leon, so he's definitely supposed to get the train running in his scenario. Then during the fight with Birkin in the rear train carriage, she is also present along with Leon.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Then I guess that nails it. The different pacing takes place up until the laboratory, when the developers then leave it to the player to decide which scenario takes precedent over the other. That might actually explain why Elza's narrative wasn't shown until then; the team was trying to find a way to make it fit with Leon's story while preventing one of them from being the canon scenario.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
      BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
        However, my personal feeling, based on how similar the lab remained, including the platform (which ALSO had a plug/electricity "puzzle), is that the end of 1.5 was probably very similar to how RE2 retail ended. Which is ... kind of funny and ironic, because if that is the case, the series could have continue the way it is with few changes. Outside of Code Veronica, Claire has little impact on what happens to Chris later in the series. Annette being dead or alive changes little, and Leon has more or less always remained the same character. Hm, that's pretty funny now that I think about it.
        Yeah, that's what I've always been thinking. The "this game couldn't have had a sequel" statement has always been silly if you think about the minor things that would have to be adjusted for the next games. Even C:V is doable if you just change Claire's motivation of finding Chris. Elza might as well have been one of his relatives too.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
        Then I guess that nails it. The different pacing takes place up until the laboratory, when the developers then leave it to the player to decide which scenario takes precedent over the other. That might actually explain why Elza's narrative wasn't shown until then; the team was trying to find a way to make it fit with Leon's story while preventing one of them from being the canon scenario.
        Something tells me that might be one of the reasons they had to scrap the story and restart the game from scratch. Maybe they ended up with something that wasn't satisfactory and thought it would be a much better idea if the two characters did actually meet ingame.
        Last edited by Rick Hunter; 11-04-2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• If you need a 3d modell provide pictues and it should be done within a week or so. Just post all pictuers either in this thread or pm XD

Comment

• The different pacing takes place up until the laboratory, when the developers then leave it to the player to decide which scenario takes precedent over the other.
            Well, I think it's the same case with RE1 and RE2 retail's story where the official scenario is actually a mix of both. Retail just ended up expanding more on the idea of having both scenarios run concurrently, but even then the official version of the story is basically a mix of the events of all four A/B scenarios.

EDIT:
            Assuming everyone does indeed escape on the same train. it makes me wonder if saving the sub-characters in one scenario will affect whether they will be seen or not in the ending for the other character.
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-04-2012, 04:55 AM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• or in the ending of that one, like RE1.

Comment

• It could be, although you have to remember that unlike in RE1, 1.5 has the sub-characters from the other scenario also making appearances in the scenario you're playing. They aren't just written out of the story, which is what RE1 did to Barry or Rebecca, depending on who you played as.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• I think the ending of RE1.5 is like RE1, that how many supporting characters remain depends on how you act. Whether Elza's team take the same train or not is not clear, because in bioflames pictures we did not see Elza's team or any member of them on the same train. Or it may work like Leon/Claire Scenario B in retail version, in which only the character you control fights the final boss.

What happens to Leon's team members are unknown, but given that the story of final RE2 is somewhat based on RE1.5 it may be inferred that the canon is that Marvin finally suffered from zombification and Ada would sacrifice herself by attempting to save Leon, and we 'may' see the farewell kiss. I'm not sure if that is the case, just my own speculations.
                  ------祸福无门,人自召之。
                  ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

• Even though I'm very curious about the game, I hope that the team doesn't spoil too much until the release of this. Cause it's like a chance to play a completely different Resident Evil 2. I'd like to explore it on my own as soon it gets released...I probably won't get another chance of playing an old school RE game which is completely new to me except if the RE Zero N64 Version ever gets out...
                    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• I hope they show some "new" or unseen areas, weapons(specifically) and maybe some of the NPCs in action on the next update, but I'm with you about the spoiling too much. What I wish the most is to see items and weapons in detail in the CHECK's menu.

Comment

• What the fuck happened to this topic. I go away for three days and this happens?
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by w.dash View Post
                          I think the ending of RE1.5 is like RE1, that how many supporting characters remain depends on how you act. Whether Elza's team take the same train or not is not clear, because in bioflames pictures we did not see Elza's team or any member of them on the same train. Or it may work like Leon/Claire Scenario B in retail version, in which only the character you control fights the final boss.

What happens to Leon's team members are unknown, but given that the story of final RE2 is somewhat based on RE1.5 it may be inferred that the canon is that Marvin finally suffered from zombification and Ada would sacrifice herself by attempting to save Leon, and we 'may' see the farewell kiss. I'm not sure if that is the case, just my own speculations.
                          We know Marvin gets hurt and probably dies in the lab..... As for not seeing any of Elza's mates on the train, that doesn't mean if you make the right in game choices it can't happen. If Leon is able to escapse with a partner i don't see why Elza wouldn't be able to.

Comment

• The sub-characters can live or die depending on what you do. Marvin, for example, gets bitten by a zombie around the factory segment of the game. He can live or die depending on whether or not Leon gets him a dose of the T-Vaccine when they get to the lab. Same with Sherry and the G-Vaccine, although I'm not sure if saving her is optional (since she is a kid, after all). We don't have any indication on how it works for John and Ada's case, but their fates are also subject to the decisions you make.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-04-2012, 08:38 AM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              The sub-characters can live or die depending on what you do. Marvin, for example, gets bitten by a zombie around the factory segment of the game. He can live or die depending on whether or not Leon gets him a dose of the T-Vaccine when they get to the lab. Same with Sherry and the G-Vaccine, although I'm not sure if saving her is optional (since she is a kid, after all). We don't have any indication on how it works for John and Ada's case, but their fates are also subject to the decisions you make.
                              I agree with you, but I remember that from some source, Sherry is alive regardless of your choices. People from bioflames (? couldn't remember, sorry) said that John is the same John from RE1. He managed to control the virus (T virus probably) in his body but he could not maintain his sanity for too long. Elza actually wants to make a vaccine for John instead of Sherry. If John does not inject the vaccine in a certain amount of time he would be zombified.

I noticed there is a wrist watch in the inventory of RE1.5, maybe that watch counts down the time for supporting character left before becoming a zombie.
                              ------祸福无门,人自召之。
                              ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

• John is not the same John from BH1. Not sure how people got this idea outside of a forced connection.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X