No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just completed the single-player campaign of Singularity. Not a bad game, nothing that stands out either. Some interesting gameplay mechanics though. If you're a fan of BioShock, you might get some enjoyment from this game. Yet to try multiplayer. As far as narrative goes, it's a little hit and miss to be honest. Involves the science fiction staples of time travel and secret Soviet experiments involving a mysterious new element, which has the side effect of mutating people into hideous creatures. Has some nice scares along the way. Also love the fact that you can age enemies to dust or revert them into humanoid placentas.

Going from a good first-person shooter to a mediocre one now, continuing my playthrough of HAZE. It's such a shame, I expected more from the game. There's potential screaming to get out but it's buried beneath a poor script, one that feels forced. I understand that certain characters are meant to be unlikeable but it's not done well. I was amazed to hear the word "fag" being used, the writing is so juvenile.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-22-2012, 10:37 PM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• ^ HAZE pissed me way off.

First of all, it sucks.

Second of all, it isn't Timesplitters 4. :|

Comment

• I expected more from HAZE. I truly did. This was the same team that brought us the likes of GoldenEye, TimeSplitters and Perfect Dark?

Don't worry, TimeSplitters 4 will be coming. Just wait.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          I expected more from HAZE. I truly did. This was the same team that brought us the likes of GoldenEye, TimeSplitters and Perfect Dark?

Don't worry, TimeSplitters 4 will be coming. Just wait.
          I can't believe you picked up a game like HAZE, pardon my language, that GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!

Anyway, why did you not buy Lost Planet 2 for the PS3? Hahahaha, I would have enjoyed playing that game with you...it's a game a can keep going back to, as long as there are people to play it with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Games I've been playing:

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
          SoulCalibur V (PS3)
          Dead Space 2 (PS3) [Finished]
          Demon's Souls (PS3) - made a new character and starting to play it again, ever since my cousin picked up the game a few days ago.
          Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) [Finished]
          Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) [Finished]
          Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) [Just started]

Comment

• Heavy Rain, finally decided to actually play the copy I bought after watching these guys.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Just played a little more ORC with Smiley. Internet connection started stuffing up so we had to cut it short.

I'm going to play some more Yakuza 3. I just noticed in the case that the OST was in there and completely unopened which is a score. Sadly, it's an enhanced CD one so I'll have to rip it via my PS3 and then put it on my external to get it to my laptop.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                I enjoy the Yakuza ones a little bit more than Shenmue probably due to the lack of the QTE events. I hate the chase sequences in the Shenmue games that just throw tons of crap in your way and you have QTE throughout those sequences.

I'm quite sure that Shenmue HD has been essentially ready to go for a while, so if that proves to be strong then we may end up actually seeing more Shenmue in the future.

Though, I do have to say - does Yakuza 3 have more of the host clubs going on like in Yakuza 2 (where Kiryu could also become a host himself) or are they simply ones that Kiryu can visit again?

I found it to be pretty funny, but not as bad as dealing with the gang whose boss enjoyed wearing nappies and being treated like a baby rolling on the floor... Oh the things you can see in these games.

(Though, before Shenmue was even announced Human Entertainment made a similar game to what people would say "Shenmue-type game" before it was around, called Mizzurna Falls though I don't know if it's got the fighting stuff in it as I haven't gotten around to looking at it as of yet but it didn't really have QTE so that's probably another factor as to why I prefer investigating stuff but I do admit - beating the shit out of punks in the Yakuza games is always a bit of fun for me).
                Host clubs? Like hostess clubs? Those were cut from the western release of Yakuza 3 though they kept them in for Yakuza 4, one of the characters owns a club and you can train the girls to be more likeable though dress or behaviour and bring in more money.

I like the Yakuza games better also, mainly because more fighting, I think I went through a lot of Shenmue because I wanted the next fight sequence. Yakuza has them everywhere, street punks are like long grass pokemon.
                Last edited by Dracarys; 03-23-2012, 03:33 AM.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  Host clubs? Like hostess clubs? Those were cut from the western release of Yakuza 3 though they kept them in for Yakuza 4, one of the characters owns a club and you can train the girls to be more likeable though dress or behaviour and bring in more money.

I like the Yakuza games better also, mainly because more fighting, I think I went through a lot of Shenmue because I wanted the next fight sequence. Yakuza has them everywhere, street punks are like long grass pokemon.
                  Ah, damn it. That sucks. I found it interesting with Yakuza 2 with how Kiryu could actually become a host for a club in Tokyo, so that's why I was wondering if 3 or 4 had them or had something similar as the reactions in 2 were really quite funny.

And yeah, bump into anyone and all you hear is "HEY OLD MAN IMMA KILL YOU!!"... *Asses kicked by Kiryu* "WAH~! DON'T KILL ME PLEASE. *Begging for mercy on the ground*"... At least in Yakuza 3 I've noticed I can take more than five steps before getting chased randomly.

Though the random battles in the first two weren't so bad as I'm used to the Final Fantasy games with the tons of random battles.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
                    I can't believe you picked up a game like HAZE, pardon my language, that GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!

Anyway, why did you not buy Lost Planet 2 for the PS3? Hahahaha, I would have enjoyed playing that game with you...it's a game a can keep going back to, as long as there are people to play it with.
                    Yeah, maybe I'll double dip if I can find a PS3 copy for just as cheap! I used to own it for the PS3.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Just got RE: ORC for PS3, in case anyone wants to play... "Beanovsky-Durst" on PSN.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Just finished Mass Effect 2, everyone survived, got on with Tali and kept the Collector base for Cerberus. One of the best games I've played.

ME3 is still downloading and I must say, these "Retake ME3" signs are really encouraging guys, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                          Just got RE: ORC for PS3, in case anyone wants to play... "Beanovsky-Durst" on PSN.
                          Haha, oh man. I love that one of Wrex. I'm tempted to go and look for the Sherlock Garrus one now.

And Alexdz, in Mass Effect 3 when you get the last mission (you'll know what it is, because you can't travel anywhere but there) talk to your squad and turn the game off unless you want to be pissed off.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                            Haha, oh man. I love that one of Wrex. I'm tempted to go and look for the Sherlock Garrus one now.

And Alexdz, in Mass Effect 3 when you get the last mission (you'll know what it is, because you can't travel anywhere but there) talk to your squad and turn the game off unless you want to be pissed off.
                            Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                            Just finished Mass Effect 2, everyone survived, got on with Tali and kept the Collector base for Cerberus. One of the best games I've played.

ME3 is still downloading and I must say, these "Retake ME3" signs are really encouraging guys, really.
                            If you like them PLEASE feel free to use them! I did them for ReTake ME3, when I joined the movement at the beginning (I was like number 20 on FB LOL). Here's the photobucket album. Hold the line people!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                              If you like them PLEASE feel free to use them! I did them for ReTake ME3, when I joined the movement at the beginning (I was like number 20 on FB LOL). Here's the photobucket album. Hold the line people!
                              Haha, well I had thought about making one before.

I tried to join the movement when it started when I saw it on BSN, Facebook has been buggy and hadn't registered the thing and I had to get the link off Spencer again to only find it still didn't register me joining another three times until it finally did. DX

Though, if you saw a big image of Kirrahe on Virmire with the text in the Mass Effect font saying on the bottom of the picture - "WE WE HOLD THE LINE" uploaded on there the other day (photos section), that's me. XD
                              Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-26-2012, 12:51 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X